Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Prestige System

Nasyr
Nasyr Member Posts: 14

Something I've been wondering about this new prestige system and I'm unsure if it has been answered so I'll post it here.

Once the new prestige system comes out what will happen with current unlocked teachable perks? For example, I have all T3 perks on Nea (from all survivors) will these be downgraded unless I prestige all characters to P3?

Additionally, what will come of the Shrine since it's in place to unlock teachables without the grind, I assume it will be removed?

Best Answer

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Answer ✓

The Shrine of Secrets will also benefit from this progression system rework. “There won’t be a teachable rarity associated with the Shrine anymore,” reveals Matt. “You’ll be able to buy your chosen perk tier directly from the Shrine, though the higher tiers will cost more.” Upon purchase, that perk will be immediately available on every applicable character.

If you’ve already unlocked tier 1 of a perk – let’s go back to The Trapper’s Agitation for a second – you’ll be able to buy tier 2 and tier 3 from the Shrine at a discounted price. We’ll be sure to provide further information on the Shrine closer to release, so stay tuned.

Pulled straight from the article.

https://deadbydaylight.com/news/prestige-progression

Answers

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

What you've unlocked already isn't going to suddenly downgrade. The new prestige system won't really get rid of the need for the Shrine of Secrets as the shrine lets you get perks earlier than you would no matter what system is in place. It also serves as a bloodpoint farm as you can buy the same perks again and get 150k bloodpoints instead.

• Nasyr
    Nasyr Member Posts: 14

I’m glad we won’t loose all the perks we already have, in terms of downgrade to scale with characters prestige.

So what you’re saying is that when it comes to the Shrine when you buy a perk it’ll just automatically be added at T1? I say automatically added since perks won’t be in the BW anymore.