Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors should be able to earn more bps than they currently do

SimplyPixelated06
SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

At the moment if you're grinding for bloodpoints it is way more worth it to play killer rather than survivor, as you earn way less for the same amount of effort as the killer.

When I play killer I generally get anywhere from 21k to 32k bloodpoints for 95% of my matches.

As survivor I earn generally around 10k to 26k for 95% of my matches.

Why is it so much harder to earn bps on survivor? Bloodpoint earning for completing objectives, unhooking and the amount of time you're chased for needs to be increased or something.

Also wglf needs a buff, bbq is way more beneficial as wglf is very situational, and it should be easier to earn stacks, if find it much easier to get 4 stacks on killer with bbq than survivor with wglf. (No longer relevant RIP)

Anyways thanks for coming to my tedtalk.... basically I just wanna earn just as many bloodpoints when I play either side.

EDIT: I'm bringing this post back to life after the 6.1 midchapter patch as I feel like it's revelvant now more than ever. Now as survivor I'm averaging between 8k to 20k for most of my matches. There should be more contributions that survivors do that reward bloodpoints, I can easily earn way more points on killer even if all survivors escape, I pretty much get the same amount of points as them.

Please allow survivors to earn just as much as killers consistently by either adding points rewarded to actions that didn't previously reward them or by increasing the amount of bloodpoints earned from certain actions, ty.

Post edited by SimplyPixelated06 on

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I think it was a deliberate choice to encourage players to pick the less-favoured and more stressful killer role. I think once demand-based bloodpoint bonuses are implemented it would be quite reasonable to give survivors more.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

Both Survivors and Killer should get more BP, I don't know why BHVR wants players to grind so much for something so important such as perks. It's a waste of time for both killers and survivors.

• SimplyPixelated06

Ah i see, that makes sense. Hopefully they do implement that after the bonuses.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Main problem is what awards points for Survivors, of the 4 categories 2 are very dependant on your team and the Killer and 1 is almost impossible to max.

• Survival is the biggest offender so Ill start here, first of all most events that give Survival are either perk related (Self-Care, CoH), related to a few Killer powers (breaking free from Slinger chain, recovering from Trickster laceration and a few others) or escaping, even if you escape a trial it only awards 5k points so if you get a Killer whose power doesnt give Survival, you didnt bring Self-Care/CoH and you didnt escape you are going to miss almost all of the 8k points, I got 8k in Survival only twice in all my hours and it was loooooooooooong ago when Self-Care and healing speeds were busted.
    • Then Altruism, the only way of getting these on a decent scale is rescuing from hook and healing but if the other people beat you to it you will miss a lot of them too, also a safe rescue awards 1500 points and there is only 6 possible rescue events, if you miss a few you are locked out of maxing unless the Killer is spreading damage like a madman.
    • Bold is related to being able to loop the Killer and getting pallet stuns, if a Killer respects pallets, ignores them (Nurse/Huntress) or is one of those where you have to predrop you are screwed too, because the big points come from the stuns, the only thing left are cleansing Totems or Hexes (1000 and 1500).
    • And then Objective, which is the easy category and is rarely not maxed out unless you get tunneled, facecamped or you actively go loop the Killer.

The system is not very well tought because it actively makes Survivors fight among themselves if they actually want to max the categories, which means throwing the game most cases, the only exception to this is Objective which can be maxed while progressing the game and everyone can max the category without much hassle if they really want to get 8k.

• SimplyPixelated06

Oh very true. They should definitely look into setting up that earning system a bit better.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226

Theoretically, as far as I know, if you escape with a surv you have "one" win, as a killer a kill is "one" win. As a killer you can stuck up to four wins in one round, as a survivor you can only gain one win. This sounds horribly stupid, but I hope you get my point. Also what the others said about how they want to get people to play the killer role.

• keepingitril
    keepingitril Member Posts: 94

All I see is "Hey look, I earn way more as a killer because I run one particular perk like every other killer, therefore survivors should have the same."

I'm really hoping said perk (and the 6 other BP perks) lose their BP connections at the rework - it's terrible gameplay design and should have been taken out long ago. Then all players can earn a similar sort of amount. If there aren't enough BP's in the game, that's a seperate issue.

To the question - "Why is it so much harder to earn bps on survivor?"

The answer - Because killers use BBQ+C as an inflated BP crutch. Your question avoids the obvious disparity that one perk plays.

• DootLord
    DootLord Member Posts: 26

It's because playing as killer will give you depression, anxiety and other mental issues. 10k extra BP kinda balances it out :)

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

That's the only thing killers are better than survivors. If the survivors gain more bp then there is no reason worth for playing the killer.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Every now and then I see a post about how survivors earn fewer bloodpoints on average than killers, but I wonder if it’s actually true? When two or three or four survivors escape the ones who escape typically score more points than the killer and vice versa for the ones who die. It would be interesting to see actual statistics for average endgame bloodpoints per match for killers versus survivors.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Get into a chase, unhook someone, heal someone, cleanse a totem, take a protection hit.

• SimplyPixelated06

Bringing this post back to life with some tweaks.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I agree and some of it does come down to did you escape or not... cause that's 5,000BP and with little ways to get any more

I think completing Gens should count toward Survival (but that could be just me)

I also think that Healing others (not just yourself) should count towards Survival (but that could be just me)

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

I think survivor should get same amount of bp/minute as killer does. It makes very little sense that e.g. bubba that facecamped and hook traded whole game (so one small chase at the beginning and then staying on 1 spot) that gets 4-out gets 20k bp and survivors in that game only like 24k. But if killer chases/playes correctly and wins, he gets 32-40k while survivors get around 16k+-8k. It should be normalized

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Yea... and my point being that some of it does depend on if the Survivor actually survives

But I digress... It does need to be looked at (big time)

and even though the incentives are going to be put into the game I doubt it's going to change much

• SimplyPixelated06

Exactly. I don't understand why there's such a big gap between bloodpoints earned for survivors vs killers.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

I'm affraid that would make the game borderline unplayable for killers. Think about it: How many times do you see survivors running the best builds, items, addons and offerings and how many are there per match? I know that not everyone is like that but often enough you see lobbies so stacked with items, addons and offerings that you know for a fact the game was rigged against you.

• SimplyPixelated06

I don't think survivors earning just as much bloodpoints as killers will make it unplayable for killers. I play both sides and just want to get an fair amount of bloodpoints no matter which side I play so I can get tier 3 perks on all characters. Survivors can be spending all their points on one character anyways and be using a bunch of items every game. Why should killers get more bloodpoints to spend on addons, perks and offerings and not survivors?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Killers is very playable now and was before too but just you can't win every game. But survivors already has the potantial to get more bp. When I sometimes farm with last 2 they get each 40K or close but I only get 35K. So survivors already can earn more. Both sides bp earning should definetely be increased.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

Farming is special thing. Not the norm. If you play the game normally, you will 100% get more BP on avarage when playing killer. Or said in a dofferent way... The best way to prestige your nea is to play killers as spend points on survivor. That's a little bit messed up. Don't you think?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Well it's not actually worth to play killer for bp anymore because BBQ bonus was taken away. I get usually 15-25K as survivor but matches are shorter than as killer. And as killer I get 20-38K but matches last longer. But however if there is cake then killer is worth for playing bp. But I never earn 40K as killer have done it couple times as survivor when killer has camped 3 gens and match has lasted long. When I have played killer normally too usually last survivor earns more bp than me or as much if I let her have hatch.

• CheesyBabyBoi
    CheesyBabyBoi Member Posts: 234

I always thought it was strange that a killer was rewarded bp for destroying pallets, but a survivor wasn't rewarded for pulling it down unless it was on the killer.