Use. Your. Anniversary. Cakes. This. Year. Please.

Options

Comments

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    Options

I will since I asked my friends to join me during the event (the literal only time they come back to play the game anymore lulz)

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,770
    Options

If I can recall weren't drop rates bugged on survivor I remember getting absolutely no year 5 cakes

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

I´ve played 3rd 4th and 5th event, My first event was awesome, I got like 7-8 killers at P3 with all perks, but year after year, it turned into a f* sh* becase only SWF squads get benefits from cakes, they are the only ones with the tools to get max BP on a game and abuse cakes.

Now imagine tomorrow, with MMR on, you get your main and face squads 24/7, two choices:

• Making a Sandwich or taking some fresh air(You know what I mean)
    • Get Bullied game after game for maybe 60k Bp.
  • Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Okay but if I use it on killer you had better not gen rush and leave in 2 minutes.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

So much negativity in this post! Cheer up!

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

How about... NO

• MoraFlex
    MoraFlex Member Posts: 67
    Options

Cakes, Blood rush and the upcoming overhauled prestige system will just lessen by a really smol amount the grind this game has. It seems like a huge amount but if you think about how 1m BP doesn't even bring 1 Character from Level 1 to Level 50 it's just awful und demotivating. So those people who hoard those kind of offerings just want the illusion they lessened the grind. Don't hate the player hate the game.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

Absolutely not, I'm not giving Nurse mains a single more extra BP than absolutely necessary.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I do tend to use them, but only when I've stock piled them as survivor. In previous years the cakes were really rare in the bloodweb and as a solo q, sometimes I'd be the only one in the lobby burning them and absolutely get tunneled out of the match. lol

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

What magical time are you waiting for where this will not be the case?

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

This was especially infuriating when Moris were available after first hook, it was one of the main reasons I stopped burning BPS and anniversary cakes as Survivor.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,356
    Options

I'm almost affraid to bring a cake because when I do, the survivors will finish the gens in roughly 3 minutes, teabag me in the gates before escaping with 10k BP each and then proceed spending the extra BP on their next Brand New Parts so they can repeat this very engaging gameplay in the next game.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,287
    edited June 2022
    Options

I will never understand to be honest. Once I realized that BP offerings don't only turn a great BP game into a fantastic BP game, but they also turn a meh (think like 10-14k) BP game into a decent or better BP game depending on the amount of them, I no longer really cared about maximizing points while using such offerings. No matter what, I'm getting at least double BP gain efficiency, while some weirdomax people go out of their way to play more "anti-BP gain" the more cakes they see the majority of the time the match would've gone the same way no matter if there's 0 cakes or 5 cakes anyway, with the exception of a lot of cakes increasing the odds of straight up farming being initiated.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,634
    Options

I'll save them. Eventually, there will come a time when I'll need a lot of bps fast and since we can't stockpile bps, it's pointless to burn cakes now when I know I'll need them later

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,881
    Options

If I am playing with friends and guarantee a replacement? Yeah, definitely. If I am playing killer and basically just have to fart once during the game to get a replacement cake? Sure. If I am playing solo survivor with the risk of being facecamped and getting 500% of 5k and not even being able to replace that cake with a new one? No thanks, I rather save it for when I play with friends.

• HectorBrando
    edited June 2022
    Options

The way I see it its not about my BP gains which for me mean little, I have the characters I want maxed out right now Im putting BPs on Killers I unlocked with shards because they were laying around and I didnt have their useless perks, its about not giving a BP increase to someone who will behave like a [insert bad word here] out of spite because thats how most games go during events, especially when they see BPS or cakes.

I would burn every single aniversary BP offering if it only affected my side, either as Killer or Survivor but burning a 106% BP increase only for some chumps to suicide on first hook or DC to screw the offering or some animal to facecamp because "lol they wasted their offerings while Ill benefit from them tee-hee"... nah, as I said, Id rather destroy them than giving trolls bigger reasons to troll.

Burned once, twice shy.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Me and my friends call this "The Curse of The Bloody Party Streamers". If a survivor brings BPS they will be the first to be found and tunneled/camped out of the game immediately. That player will not get more than 5k BP in the round.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,942
    Options

Doesn't this happen every third time a killer can get a 4K? Lots of slugs on the ground, all hooks in the vicinity taken, but the last survivor struggles, until the killer drops them and everyone got to waste 4min till the bleedout timer runs out. When the game is over, I don't hide or struggle, just hook me or give me hatch, but I don't want to waste everyones time like that. You can argue "hur dur I will always fight to the last. And I have won so many clutch games by this!!!111", but my claim still stands that this is just bitterly denying the killer their 4k and trying to spoil it the last second. Especially if you just crawl into a corner and bleed out.

And the same mindset sometimes leads people down the road you see here ^^ "No cake for you, you undeserving ****"

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

I agree and with all the standing around at the exit gates wasting my time i won't be either.

I'll also be on Holiday for 25 days in India so i'll miss out but that's besides the point.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Nah. I’d rather save them for a new chapter I like. Still have 96 of last year’s ones on Jane

• SleepyWillo
    Options

I would have to assume that this event will actually encourage survivors to just leave. Thats the best way to maximize bloodpoint gains

• Jaxton2000
    Jaxton2000 Member Posts: 162
    Options

There's no point in stacking your cakes up if you're not going to use them. Just be cordial an use them.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

I'll wait as long as I need to. Or if my friends ever decide to hop back on and SWF.

I've been mostly solo since mid 2019, it was never as bad as it's been this year.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Are you new to these events? They're easily the worst games of the year. I won't play during them anymore. I sure as hell wouldn't burn a cake if I did.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

No I’m gonna hoard them and keep them as collections. 😉

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Idk how Ultima online was but final fantasy 11 was and still is inventory nightmare a example would be for a pld you would need a 50 dt set a 50 mdt set 2 to 3 weapons skill sets a enmity set then possible cure potency set o.o yay macros.

• Jaxton2000
    edited June 2022
    Options

Just a friendly reminder that this is your reward for using your cakes. USE THEM!

I hope DBD Devs choose to make them expire so that people will stop being annoying about it.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,942
    Options

LMAO. Flan is already disabled. I hope just because of a coding error and it not giving the proper blood points and not due to toxicity. ^^

• SleepyWillo
    Options

5 stacks of flan. got camped to death and got a grand total of 15k BP...

I will no longer be using any flans this event unless I play killer

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Yes we get more cakes if people use them! But people saving them for new chapters and stuff is ok though, since they get played. Most sad are people sitting on 100+ cakes and then quits the game.

• SleepyWillo
    Options

*Killers get more cakes if people use them.

If youre tunneled out at 5gens youre not going to be buying more cakes

• Jaxton2000
    Options

You will most likely get a buttload of cakes. One downfall or even multiple shouldn't stop you from using them anymore. You'll still have an abundance of them when the event it over.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 259
    Options

What a stupid idea.

One word comes in mind when I read your reply: Entitlement.

• Jaxton2000
    Options

And what, you keep the cake for keeps sake when you have the masks, flashlight toolboxes etc. to keep for keepsake? The cakes for points is for everyone not just yourself, it isn't a personal offering. I wouldn't be the entitled one here now would I?

• HectorBrando
    Options

The community hasnt earned a single cake/flan/BPS from me, I refuse to burn them only for people to camp, tunnel, DC and suicide on first hook which is what a lot of people decide to do during events.

That being said, if people burn them I wont do any of that, normal gameplay so they can earn their extra BPs.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited June 2022
    Options

I would but everyone is playing like a AHOLE so il just go into games with map offerings or solo cakes ! Mean I no but gosh events take the fun out of everything !!

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

There's always that one guy

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited June 2022
    Options

I use and WILL use as killer, but I won't use them as survivor. F it. Every game is a misery. 5-10K bloodpoints maximum, tunnels, camps, or just super fast wipes and suicides. Matches take 5 minutes max. So god damn miserable playing survivor, incredibly hard...

It took me 7 matches to complete "repair 3 gens" challenge. No, no cakes from survivor...

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    Options

No thanks, I'd rather not give someone bonus points for playing scummy.

Happily hoarding all my cakes.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I'm done playing any BP items. Me and my friends are just trying to earn a good amount of BP, all using offerings, and we just get nothing but camped and tunneled. We're not some Seal Team 10 bully squad, we just play for fun, but the fun is seriously being sucked right back out of this event because of how killers are acting. And don't get me wrong, killer matches I've played are just as sweaty when survivors will do anything they can to deny points to you. Until people learn to chill out a little, I'll happily hold onto my cakes/flans.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

This event is gonna be the worst due to MMR.

I keep flans for me, I will need it.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

What do you think the cakes taste like

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,962
    Options

I just lobby skip if they dont use Frightful Flans. I dont tunnel or camp, Im more in the match for the chases, not too fond of being punished for a playstyle I dont use.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Not only did we get less cakes, but earning the cosmetics are always harder for survivors. It took me over 500,000 BP once to get a single Bloody Party Streamer on Jane. I will hoard all the cakes I want. 106% is 106% whenever I choose to use it.