Event challenge "Almost Made It"

darkshadows8326
darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 389

The event survivor challenge, Almost Made It, is not being tracked. I have been in chase while vaulting and going from healthy to injure intentionally for the challenge and haven't got a single point towards it. Xbox Series S. Attempted on several different maps being Coldwind Farms, Dead Dawg Saloon and Eyrie of Crows.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

You have to do it in one match so the points don't accumulate either you complete it or you don't it wont tell you how close you got.

• keepingitril
    keepingitril Member Posts: 94

It's not bugged, I've been getting them and you can take as many matches as you need.

It is a fidgety, pretty circumstantial challenge though.

• You have to be vaulting a pallet or window; and
    • You have to be healthy and then be injured at some point during this process; and
    • You have to be in a chase.
    • All of the above have to happen at the same time. It's super easy to perhaps miss one element by a moment or two.

Just keep trying and take plenty of things to recover with, it can take some attempts to trigger.

• darkshadows8326
    darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 389

I was in chase, I slow vault so it will trigger but it will not give me points because BHVR didn't implement the tracking in properly or BHVR doesn't have good challenge ideas

• EliskaMM
    EliskaMM Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2022

The tracking is deff wonky, I went out of my way to get hit while vaulting the window, while I was in chase and still didn't get it... Not* to mention the challenge itself sucks

• 安藤零
    安藤零 Member Posts: 9

yeah... timing is dumb... it just counts or doesn't count...

right when I took the challenge I was playing vs ghostface that hit me after I vaulted shack window, so I was in chase back then.. it didn't count

right now i played vs blight and he hit me exactly same and it counted :/

20 hits inbetween those didn't count either

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

As far as I can tell, it's actually basic attacks, even if the wording doesn't require it.

I tried to force progress by slow vaulting to make sure the hit registered during the animation.

Feral Frenzy and Punishment of the Damned didn't count. The 4 times I got hit with a standard m1, I progressed.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yeah, I think the tracking is just too unforgiving about what it considers a hit during vaulting. I've had about 10 that feel like they should count, and only two of them have.