Make "Amanda's Letter" basekit for The Pig

Options

Hello everyone,

yeah, I know, thats a hot take, but lets be real, besides stomping some noobs because they don't understand how the party hats work, the pig is in a pretty rough spot at the moment. While prestiging her I tried out Amanda's Letter a few times and the aura reading while stealth is so fun and adds so much nuance to her gameplay.

Its a pretty strong ability, but it would also be super unique and make her an actually viable stealth killer. Its pretty fun to see someone crouching in the bushes and you just casually walking behind them, unsheathing the blade and go ham. There could be items that give her her 4 partyhats back, while taking her aura reading away etc.

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

I get what you mean, but she would be the only killer who got it and it would add something to her kit. Maybe reduce the reach a bit...

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Then you'd get people asking for Aura reading Wraith to be basekit, and Myers aura read to be basekit, and Spirit killer instinct to be basekit.

Same as asking for survivors to have a basekit aura read on the killer's location. No thank you.

(but yes, playing with Amanda's letter is stupidly fun, going for unexpected ambush attacks and whatnot.. same with any aura read add-on on killer to be honest)

• Akumakaji
    Options

sigh You are probably right. I mean, BHVR could take a solid stance and not give in to this demands by stating that this is part of what sets her appart from all other killers, but yeah, I guess it would be pretty oppressive. Same with Demos double Iri gameplay, but at leasts thats two iris needed for the extra fun. But boy is that a mean combo.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Exactly. Iridescent add-ons change drastically how a killer is played, and they're iridescent for a reason.

Not saying I wouldn't love for Amanda to have the letter as basekit, but damn that would make her broken as hell, unless they make her even slower while crouched, but she's slow enough as it is I don't want her to move at a slug's pace either for the added aura read.

But yeah with the right perk combination, paired with the letter.. so fun but so broken haha

• Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 83
    Options

I was thinking about it some time back. It would make dashing way more viable. But at the same time would be extremely unbalanced and unfair at lower mmr where survivors tend to hide all the time. My opinion is that now when the traps are not so RNG based the Pig should receive some changes to the other aspects of her power. I still believe that crouching behind survivor should trigger chase so they can make her move faster when crouched but not that she can follow survivor with headtrap force them to die. And the most needed changes are to ambush. Make it longer, faster and charge faster. You basically spend 2s just starting it. Which gives survivors too much time to abandon loop and get a tone of distance.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Counterpoint, make video tape basekit, but don't have it take from your stock of traps

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,136
    Options

i think strong survivors would still clap amanda even with amanda letter aura-reading base-kit. I don't think they will ever add any aura reading base-kit to killer since through out dbd's entire lifespan, there was only a single killer to have aura-reading base-kit and that killer was old freddy. New players whined about him when he first got released so he got nerfed.

I would love to play a killer that has aura-reading base-kit as an ability though I have no clue what they could do so that new players don't complain about playing against a base-kit aura reading killer.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Interesting idea. For fun I yesterday tried the good, old "Video Tape" plus "Tampered Timer" combo, and it was a blood fest. One got the hat off first try, while the others did a gen, then, with the party hats comming to life two died to the traps, while I could have easily pressured the third one off the boxes. I then let that survivor just allow free reign and just farmed with the two survivors, but that was pretty brutal.

I think its situation like this that gave Pig her noob-stomper reputation, because they don't understand how the traps work.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited June 2022
    Options

Then you tell them "No, we're not going to follow a slippery slope."

I think Pig needs SOMETHING for her ambush attack; it simply requires jumping through too many hoops just to hope the opponent makes a mistake. I think at least a tiny version of Amanda's Letter or something similar could help with that. Alternatively, a version of Amanda's Letter that only functions while you CHARGE the ambush attack.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Hmm, this could work. Normally the ambush is really a hit or miss thing, but with Amandas Letter you get a much higher chance of it working in your favor.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

What they need to do is when the trap is active, have a message on the screen telling you to get the trap off using the boxes or you'll die

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305
    Options

She just needs a Freddy scale rework imo.

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271
    Options

spirit shouldn't even have killer instinct on an addon, literally the most broken addon I've ever seen sitting only behind range addons.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I don’t think it should be, but I will say that playing Pig with Amanda’s Letter plus the add-on that increases her Crouch movement speed from 90% survivor to 97% survivor is a lot of fun. 🙂 It’s my favorite way to play her.