Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC - Impossible Running with Controller

Step 1 : Boot the game (PC, Steam), use a controller

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, hold the button for running

Step 4 : Notice that the running-animation is "stuttering", like if I spammed the Button

additional Informations:

• seems to happen on every survivor, independent of Perks (Sprint Burst and Dead Hard are impossible to use that way)
  • on every Map
  • doesn't happen in the tutorial
  • inconsistent, but often happening bug; mostly in Matches with higher Ping (>100)
  • Neither remapping the button or using a new controller worked

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

I thought it was my controller acting up, i've had this problem for a while now. And playing event been nearly impossible for me

It's impossible to run on controller sometimes, and i tried rebinding to another buttons (in case that button was stuck or something)

I'm glad that someone else has this problem, at least i know that the problem isn't on my side ;-;

• noonespecial
    noonespecial Member Posts: 34

I'm playing on PC/Steam with an Xbox One Elite controller, and I don't have any of the problems you're describing. Have you tried unplugging your mouse to see if there's a hardware conflict there?

• Lulu270
    Lulu270 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2022

I have this issue to, usually it's worse after every chapter update and calms again on the following update. So frustrating that I barely play survivor anymore. Happens to me regardless of ping but often worse when other survivors or killer is near and any speed boosting perk is ineffective. Have no issues whatsoever when I play as killer though, only happens when I play survivor!

• Kotelettphantom
    Kotelettphantom Member Posts: 4

My Controllers are a Nacon GC-11XF and a Nacon NC5136, but I asked a couple friends if they could try to run on controller. After a few rounds, there are the same problems with PS 4/5 and XBox One controllers on PC.

I also tried it with unplugged Mouse and Keyboard. Same problem.