remove insidious

can you just remove insidious already.. we all know its not how the game is meant to be played.
im pretty sure theres plenty of threads in this forum about insidious. i just had 3games with insidious camping big brains and im kinda getting tired of it.
the fun for survivors is gone because well they only have a mouse1 round
the guy on the hook has an afk round and so does the killer i mean i get it its a strat but 1st of all any 17+ rank survivor knows to not unhook that and just genrush n get out which completely makes that strat useless. so please. just remove that annoying perk already.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited February 2019

Maybe you wanna take a look at the dev diary 3 before you throw out such statements.
    The devs will tell you how the game is meant to be played

Also if the strat is useless anyway, why do you bother complaining about it? Should be a free win?

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

im complaining because its not fun to play against it. as i said - if youre the one on the hook youre pretty much afk
    if youre another survivor all you do is gens
    if youre the killer youre afk too.
    it takes away the fun part of the game wich is the chase.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Pudding said:
    im complaining because its not fun to play against it. as i said - if youre the one on the hook youre pretty much afk
    if youre another survivor all you do is gens
    if youre the killer youre afk too.
    it takes away the fun part of the game wich is the chase.

"because it's not fun to play against"?!

Oh that's just precious. You know, Decisive Strike isn't fun to play against and nobody is asking that we remove that. Borrowed Time isn't a fun perk to play against and no one is asking to remove that perk either. There are plenty of survivor perks that aren't fun for killers just as there are killer perks that are unfun for survivors. I say we let both sides keep their ability to be mutually unfun and call it a day. I mean, unless you just want to play the game with no perks on either side.

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

nobodys asking that we remove ds ?.... SURE. NEVER HEARD OF THAT.

• Laveroni
    Laveroni Member Posts: 13
    By no means am I justifying the camping, but insidious is an amazing perk to help counter the loopers in this game and gen campers, providing they play as average size killers. But a perk shouldn't be removed because your unhappy, I can understand the reason why killers camp, I mean survive with friends alone definitely makes playing killer very aggrivating. 
  • ThePizzaGuy
    ThePizzaGuy Member Posts: 7

Insidious is pretty garbage.

@Laveroni said:
    insidious is an amazing perk to help counter the loopers in this game and gen campers, providing they play as average size killers.

This doesn't happen. If you stand still for 4 seconds, the survivors can see your red stain so it doesn't counter loopers. Survivors can also tell when a terror radius disappears fast that they're using Insidious. Rank 1-8 survivors laugh at killers that use Insidious. The only time Insidious is used is for hook camping. 

• Laveroni
    Laveroni Member Posts: 13
    Tier III- only requires 2 seconds of inactivity, and I play the Hag at R1, it's not 100% guaranteed. But it works more than it doesn't. ThePizzaGuy said:

Insidious is pretty garbage.

@Laveroni said:
    insidious is an amazing perk to help counter the loopers in this game and gen campers, providing they play as average size killers.

This doesn't happen. If you stand still for 4 seconds, the survivors can see your red stain so it doesn't counter loopers. Survivors can also tell when a terror radius disappears fast that they're using Insidious. Rank 1-8 survivors laugh at killers that use Insidious. The only time Insidious is used is for hook camping. 

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    I wish Insidious would tell you how many survivors have you in their FOV. That way I would know if I was being silly by standing still in a chase or a building or if I was being super sneaky. Then I would use Insidious more.
  • Kind_Lemon
    I wish Insidious would tell you how many survivors have you in their FOV. That way I would know if I was being silly by standing still in a chase or a building or if I was being super sneaky. Then I would use Insidious more.
    This actually has more to do with wishing the camera on survivors was positioned back slightly so that survivors have to put more of themselves around corners to see what’s on the other side. 
  • Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    I like Insidious on leatherface. You can lay down traps, like go invis near a gen or a choke point at the beginning of a match. After that you can either control the hook or better guard the other gens. And in the end game you can get a nice lockdown with a 3 gen strat where you chose a nice spot where you can see and access all gens.
    It is also best with bubba's basement and fun to use, especially against toxic survivors.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

we all know its not how the game is meant to be played.

Subjective!

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited February 2019
    Welcome to today's episode of our weekly DBD show: Remove *insert random perk here* !
    Featuring today: Insidious. Watch how our players fight over the completely unlikely and unnecessary removal of a perk that occasionally may or may not lead to a sense of frustration of an undefined number of our players. Flames! Salt! Lols! Arguments! (Nah, I'm just screwing with you with this last one.)
    Stay tuned next week too, when our hot topic is: Wake Up OP, REMOVE!
  • Kind_Lemon
    Welcome to today's episode of our weekly DBD show: Remove *insert random perk here* !
    Featuring today: Insidious. Watch how our players fight over the completely unlikely and unnecessary removal of a perk that occasionally may or may not lead to a sense of frustration of an undefined number of our players. Flames! Salt! Lols! Arguments! (Nah, I'm just screwing with you with this last one.)
    I wish the Lol button was here for this...
    +1 weak lol
  • XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Oh god the cringe
  • Kind_Lemon
    I wish the Lol button was here for this...
    +1 weak lol
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@George_Soros said:
    Welcome to today's episode of our weekly DBD show: Remove insert random perk here !

... i'm gonna post a thread next week tilted "remove Wake Up"
    Wait and see

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Milo said:

@George_Soros said:
    Welcome to today's episode of our weekly DBD show: Remove insert random perk here !

Wait and see

Aw man. I wanted to do it :cry:

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

@George_Soros said:

Grabs popcorn

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Milo said:

@George_Soros said:

Wait and see

Please do :)

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    edited February 2019
    Milo said:

@George_Soros said:

Wait and see

They just removed the ability to see Escape Gate auras from Wake Up! so you may not have to now.
This discussion has been closed.