Moonrise--Not Enough Points For Killer

Options

So I played a round as Survivor, did a Gen and 75% of another, and escaped with a Vessel, got 45 points.

I played a match as Killer, got 10 hooks and destroyed 2 Vessels, 26 points. I did more as Killer and got less than my Survivor who barely did anything.

I think the Hook points for the Moonrise event should be higher, I was two hooks away from all 12 hooks even if I did get those extra 2 I stillo wouldn't have gotten close to the points I made as Survivor so the Hook points need to be increased. Also I think the Vessel should be increased too, I know this is the first day so not many people are throwing around the Envelops but I still don't think it will matter if they were.

Also these matches were WITHOUT using the envelopes but the points for the Coins don't change if you use one so it really doesn't matter.

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

@ShyN3ko said:
    And survivor need only 2 offering for 4 vessels.
    Killer need all 5 offering for 45 points.

Right there, the Killer points are too dependant on the Survivors throwing down Envelopes.

• Bellysmacker
    Bellysmacker Member Posts: 58
    Options

Yeah this event is total hogwash. Pandered to the survivor side. Tried to play survivor but q times to long on ps4. It's about a joke to use offering as killer especially when it takes forever to break a vial and then it's not even worth the blood points. At rank one and swf will finish this event in no time.

• HatCreature
    Options

@Bellysmacker said:
    Yeah this event is total hogwash. Pandered to the survivor side. Tried to play survivor but q times to long on ps4. It's about a joke to use offering as killer especially when it takes forever to break a vial and then it's not even worth the blood points. At rank one and swf will finish this event in no time.

I also noticed that the time that the Vessels stay corrupted af they get unhooked seems too small. It looks like 2-3seconds maybe? I was spectating and it went back to normal really fast after the unhook, SWF can abuse the ######### out of that never let aKiller break a Vessel; until the very end if they gt everyone of course.

• Bellysmacker
    Options

It's hard to get to a vessel when vsing swf because they tell their friends where it's at so when hooked the other person knows where to grab it. They have to wait for it to turn white but it's worth it. I just played a round as survivor and I got the 45 points and all I did was escape and didn't have the lantern so it must count for whoever makes it out. So i got 55 points and didn't have to sweat my butt off to get them. After I got my first coin the 2nd is taking 200 points instead of 100. This will be a grind on the killer side.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

I am not even wondering why a Killer Main is complaining.

Well, tbh the only thing that should be changed is the time to destroy a Vessel, it is indeed quite low after the Unhook. And also the Killer should get the full 6 points for the sacrifice. If some person decides to kill himself on the Hook, resulting in only 1 Hook, the Killer should not be punished by that to only receive 2 Points instead of possible 6.

Other than that, the amount of points for a Killer is quite consistent, where as Survivors need to have one person alive at least escaping with the Vessel (not sure if this really counts, at least it does not count 3 times if 3 Survivors escape with a Vessel) and escape in general for a huge amount of points. If a survivor dies with 4 Gens left, he gets exactly 4 points for the Generator.
    While the optimal result of Survivors is quite high, it is not reached in that many games, while the result of the Killer has quite a low span between the possible results.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@HatCreature said:

@ShyN3ko said:

Right there, the Killer points are too dependant on the Survivors throwing down Envelopes.

And it's just followed by a massive gen-rush since survivors gain nothing from longer games if they want those points reliably.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

@Bellysmacker said:

I was hoping to play this event purely for the BP gain, I played survivor and realised there isn't much BP gain, is it the same for killer as well? Do you remember the extra points you got?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@Bellysmacker said:

I was hoping to play this event purely for the BP gain, I played survivor and realised there isn't much BP gain, is it the same for killer as well? Do you remember the extra points you got?

Well if you offer an envelope and hold a vessel as a survivor you get a steady stream of 500 BP every few moments. So it can't be that bad for the survivor.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I love playing killer, but I'm switching to survivor for this event

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

@se05239 said:

@HatCreature said:

@ShyN3ko said:

And it's just followed by a massive gen-rush since survivors gain nothing from longer games if they want those points reliably.

Absolutely, I have been playing Nurse only specifically because of the genrush.

• HatCreature
    Options

@Aven_Fallen said:
    I am not even wondering why a Killer Main is complaining.

Well, tbh the only thing that should be changed is the time to destroy a Vessel, it is indeed quite low after the Unhook. And also the Killer should get the full 6 points for the sacrifice. If some person decides to kill himself on the Hook, resulting in only 1 Hook, the Killer should not be punished by that to only receive 2 Points instead of possible 6.

Other than that, the amount of points for a Killer is quite consistent, where as Survivors need to have one person alive at least escaping with the Vessel (not sure if this really counts, at least it does not count 3 times if 3 Survivors escape with a Vessel) and escape in general for a huge amount of points. If a survivor dies with 4 Gens left, he gets exactly 4 points for the Generator.
    While the optimal result of Survivors is quite high, it is not reached in that many games, while the result of the Killer has quite a low span between the possible results.

I'm not a Killer main

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options

soooo time to go survivor like last event???

• HatCreature
    Options

@FayeZahara said:
    soooo time to go survivor like last event???

Yeah :( it's not fair, especially for PS4 Users like myself, the Survivor lobbies ae 15 minutes or more.

• AussieYato
    AussieYato Member Posts: 14
    Options

Yeah the time is far too short, was on thompsons house hooked someone who proceeded to kill themself on hook and by the time I got to the vessel couldn't break it.

Another event catered to survivors, cause honestly what do we get from playing killer? they get firecrackers and more points we get 20 points a match if we don't break a vessel but manage to hook everyone a few times over, my rough average is around the 20 anyways without vessel breaking as killer as survivor don't really gotta survive and still get 45.

• HatCreature
    Options

@AussieYato said:
    Yeah the time is far too short, was on thompsons house hooked someone who proceeded to kill themself on hook and by the time I got to the vessel couldn't break it.

Another event catered to survivors, cause honestly what do we get from playing killer? they get firecrackers and more points we get 20 points a match if we don't break a vessel but manage to hook everyone a few times over, my rough average is around the 20 anyways without vessel breaking as killer as survivor don't really gotta survive and still get 45.

I was also thinking that Survivors are the only ones who get extra Event items as well, I kind of wish we Killers could get something too. Maybe an add-on that's only available during this time to make everything even more special?

But yeah, the time is too short and the points are too small, my lobby times are super long as Survivor so I might as well play Killer but it'll be a grind.

• Loit
    Loit Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Playing Killer is a waste of time this event - half the points for double the effort

Is Behavior trying to punish the killer player base ?

And is absolutely garbage that Survivors get an aoe blind item that takes little to no skill to use. 

Wheres the special killer item that gives them a boost ?

If you ignore the Killers long enough, there won’t be any left for the Survivors to teabag. 

@not_Queen
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@HatCreature said:

@ShyN3ko said:

Correct.
    And the survivors can't bring an offering to every match since there is only one offering per bloodweb, but one bloodweb at lvl 50 costs like 50k bloodpoints and survs don't earn that many bp in one match.

The devs should really increase the event points for killers. It would not only be fair but also encourage more people to play killer and therefore help with lobby times.

• Bellysmacker
    Options

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@Bellysmacker said:

Killer gets 1000 blood points if you hook someone carrying the vessel and then 1500 bloodpoints if you find the vessel and break it while its red. Sometimes it's hard to find the vessel to break once you hook survivor because it depends which one they were carrying so if you cant find that one then your screwed (this is scenerio if all the lanterns are grabbed by survivors in the beginning which is usually the case). Points for golden coins is just a joke for killer but que time to play survivor is just way to long.

• Bellysmacker
    Options

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@Bellysmacker said:

I am low rank ps4 and swf are a common and this event is made for them. There are a few matches where I can get into 20 points but usually it's in the teens when killer. Survivors just need to finish gens and bam 20 right there then if escape with a vessel another 25. One i played a few survivor games it was pretty easy to get 45 pionts. This event may also favor high rank killers since it's so much easier to kill high rank survivors.

• Bellysmacker
    Options

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@Bellysmacker said:

I just used an envelope and played as nurse. I was the only one who used an envelope but that put three lanterns. I had a 4k and only got 5500 extra points from the event. Pretty lack luster.

• Bellysmacker
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@HatCreature said:

@ShyN3ko said:

Correct.
    And the survivors can't bring an offering to every match since there is only one offering per bloodweb, but one bloodweb at lvl 50 costs like 50k bloodpoints and survs don't earn that many bp in one match.

The devs should really increase the event points for killers. It would not only be fair but also encourage more people to play killer and therefore help with lobby times.

I feel your pain. I played killer and used an envelope, 4k and only got 5500 addition points for event now having to get to new blood web at level fifty. The envelopes aren't worth it. So might as well play event with out them.

• MissJules
    MissJules Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I just played 4 killer rounds in a row and I recieved no Moonrise points at all. Does anyone know if there is a glitch for Killers? I'm missing a lot of points from those rounds. 
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@MissJules said:
    I just played 4 killer rounds in a row and I recieved no Moonrise points at all. Does anyone know if there is a glitch for Killers? I'm missing a lot of points from those rounds. 

Did you bring the offering into the game yourself? You don't get bonus BP when you don't bring the offering.

Or are you referring to the event points, not the bonus bloodpoints?

• MissJules
    MissJules Member Posts: 2
    Options
    The event points. I hooked, smashed the lanterns and sacrificed people but the event points never accumulated  
  • HatCreature
    Options

The Survivor lobby times are SO SLOW I can't take advantage of the better points from Survivor, playing Killer for the points is a grind, this event is so lackluster for me that I actually feel like playing Friday The 13th.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    Options

I honestly don't see why events like this shouldn't always favor killer.

Remember the double BP event? since killers get more blood points generally the queue times were amazing for both sides.

Now look what happens with a survivor sided points system, the queue times are horrendous and there is no incentive to play killer unless you're a killer main.

• HatCreature
    Options

@not_Queen can you please deliver these comments to the Devs? I play on PS4 and I have never had long lobby times until these last two events because the Survivor side was more rewarding than the Killer. The Asymmetrical is supposed to favor the Killer, not the Survivor.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Killers need more points for event.
    Survivors (and somewhat killers) need to get more BP from the offering or there should be more offerings per bloodweb

• HatCreature
    Options

@Milo said:
    Killers need more points for event.
    Survivors (and somewhat killers) need to get more BP from the offering or there should be more offerings per bloodweb

Yeah that last part with the Bloodweb, gosh I was using characters I never leveled up to get those envelopes because it took less points but you still get 1 envelope per web and only Killers have a chance at making enough BP to get to the next Web at lvl 50.