Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hooks should not be destroyed!

Devilishly_Rowdy
Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

It literally makes it impossible for the killer to do his objective. I downed 3 survivors near the exits of Midwich using blood warden, couldn't hook a single one of them because the ONLY hook near the exit was destroyed earlier. Not only Midwich, but if 2 hooks are destroyed in one side of the map, that area often becomes a dead zone and survivors that run over there are immune to getting hooked.

"We wAnT kiLLeRs tO kiLL mOrE" Then how about not making it impossible for killers to do their objective?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Survivors manage Gen done. Killer manage Hook kill. Fair.

If adding more Hooks, the only places I want to add is 1 Hook right beside each Gate.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Survivors have to manage their gens to avoid a three gen. Killers can manage their hooks.

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346
    edited June 2022

This. I can't think of any time where I've used up a hook due to killing a survivor on it, and not being able to hook another survivor endgame because that hook being gone now made it a dead zone and all the other survivors got downed near it. I've maybe lost a survivor or two due to a certain hook being gone allowing a survivor to wiggle off, but that's not THAT common. The scenario the OP described has to be SUPER rare to "literally" make the objective of hooking survivors impossible, and doesn't really require a fix IMO.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

That would make playing survivor impossible and give killers easy kills. Survivors have to manage gens, killers have to manage hooks. It's a fair trade.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

I think at the very least hooks should not vanish from killing survivors. Also in some cases (i.e bully squads) hooks are impossible because the only one or two reachable are sabotaged. Also midwich is notoriously buggy for hooks

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

When there's sometimes only 1 or 2 hooks close enough to a downed survivor it's not like killers have a lot of choice on where they hook somebody. Telling me to manage hooks to avoid a hook deadzone might as well be telling me to not hook someone on death hook due to the possibility that I might not be able to hook someone else there later. Especially if survivors run to the corner of the map or try to use boil over in some main building.

I wouldn't mind if hooks used for sacrifice were temporarily destroyed after someone dies, but permanent destruction is outdated and shouldn't exist.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

Killer doesn't have choices available as to where to hook a survivor, it only take 15 secs to wiggle off. What you said is just dumb, i'm assuming you have like 10 hours in game.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

Easy kills how? The killer still has to down the survivor like always. And it is literally impossible to manage hooks mostly, it's either hook the survivor on this near hook or the survivor wiggles off.

• Kmcauley05
    Kmcauley05 Member Posts: 27

Destroying the hook is fair. That's like me (a new survivor main) saying that the totem is broken, so it should come back so I can boon it. And sometimes you can't get many kills because you downed them all in one place. But that's fine. Sometimes as a survivor, we can't repair all gens because we 3-gen ourselves. But we get over it, and continue playing, not complaining that more gens should spawn, because that would be a disadvantage for killers.