The nerfed Speed boost and Attack cooldown Decrease makes me worried.

2»

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Good luck getting a hook trade now on someone who has 8 stacks of STBFL.

• Obelt
    Obelt Member Posts: 357

Yeah your stopping one gen while 3 others are zooming its 5 secs shaved off the gen still not worth kicking without kick perks

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

You know looping is really the best part about survivor gameplay right?

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

could just solve this by making unhooking someone faster, as in give it some more speed to exactly compensate for how much hit cooldown the killer has now, making it practically the same.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Ruin was already garbage and required another perk to make it not get deleted in 10 seconds. Nobody cares about ruin because almost nobody was using it.

The changes to Pop are absolutely brutal. Right now you pop a get at 50% and it goes to 25% progress. You just wasted 20 seconds of a survivor's time by spending 2 seconds. Kick a 50% generator after the change and you remove 11.6 seconds of progress by kicking a generator for 2 seconds. To put this into perspective: Imagine if DH were only giving a 0.5 seconds of endurance.

Meanwhile Survivors get 5 seconds of BT basekit. Killers get 2.5 % pop built in - which is a 90% nerf to how the perk works. So why isn't borrowed time base kit not 90% nerfed? Basekit borrowed time of 1.2 seconds would totally suck. That's what you're giving killers and it is a complete joke.

Killers are designed to fail. Why? Because pallet saves, flashlight blinds and body blocking the hook didnt get changed. If any one of those three things happen you lose a minimum of 20 seconds of progress. Does the killer get any compensation? No. Remember too that 1 second of the killer's time is worth 3x as much for survivors assuming one is being chased.

DBD should have some kind of base kit protection for killers after downing a survivor. It should be a mechanic that only functions if the survivors are ahead or equal to the killer's progress. In short if the number of hooks is less than or equal to the number of generators completed then the entity automatically block all pallets within 8m of where the survivor fell for 10 seconds; in addition the killer will be immune to flashlights during this time.

Can we have that instead of a 2.5% pop for kicking generators? Because what you gave killers is a complete joke.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134

It was fun, a long time ago. Not fun anymore since so many killers are antiloop now. Its more beneficial to run away from a loop to a dead zone, that's how strong antiloop powers are (at least in the hands of competent killer players). Most loops you can run max twice but somehow killer players seem to have forgotten how to run lots of loops to their benefit. These kind of good killer players are silently laughing at this update and will start to get 5 kills in a game.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

except you are not meant to hook trade on someone who has 8 stacks of STBFL anyway.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

And people like you who just shift W are why people just play Nurse and Blight. It's beyond stupid to mindless follow survivors when you can zoom right up to them.

It's a shame all killers dont have some kind of sprint they can use out of chase.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Its strange to hear Survivors main complain mainly about tunneling & camping. While Killers complain about body block, demands vault block...

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,286

I'm more concern of the changes not doing enough really for killer.

Killer changes are very safe. 2.5% for generator kicking is laughable. its too little of a number to make much difference. when a killer goes to kick a generator, they're at 0% efficiency in term of killing survivors. across 3 other survivors working on generators, its still net-negative to kick a generator.

tier 1 brutal strength is ineffective. 10% will not punish survivors for using pallets at all. they'll still link every pallet on the map with ease. 10% speed down and 10% cooldown is also really safe numbers that are unlikely to make killers more deadly in a chase.

On other hand, the survivor changes are extremely very impactful. Base-kit BT is pretty powerful effect. The meta perk BT grants 7% haste for 15 seconds after an unhook is pretty big as well. They also got off the record, a perk that grants 80 seconds of endurence. The perk as bonus also grants additional benefits in form of immunity to aura reading and Iron will for 80 seconds. Nothing in killer perk changes have as much impact as this.

Killer changes are extremely safe... while survivor changes are.... well... not safe at all.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Id say that on paper Bubba sounds fine, a killer being able to instadown when coming close, being able to hit multiple survivors when they happen to be in reach, breaking pallets while recieving a stun, hitting objects and revving too much causes a tantrum. Compared to a lot of killers, that's not too bad.

Untill you realize he can use this ability near hooked survivors, and that this ability basically ignores Endurance.

Bubba isn't a busted killer as a whole, but he certainly has one of the most busted mechanics currently in the game.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

yea thats why i uninstalled cause its getting nerfed to the ground.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

I never complain about tunneling i love it its the camping thats boring for me.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340

If a Survivor runs in a str8 line after getting basic attacked it currently takes ~26.6 seconds to catch up to them, with these buffs it will take ~24 seconds. That is ~96 meters for just shift W. Not sure these buffs solve anything, but we will see! I am hopeful.

• IlliterateGenocide

Depends, I think a killer tunneling ay five gens is cringe and I accept people complaining about it.

But I also know tunneling mid to late game is very necessary, and I hope most people understand it can be necessary.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

You know what's funny? Despite those changes, blood lust is still going to be a thing lol.

• IlliterateGenocide

Tier one should maybe still be a thing. but tier 2 and 3 can go

• Devil_hit11
    edited June 2022

Just not reality. Otz tested killer changes with perks.

well, the expected BT basekit was 12 seconds Endurance. Survivors only got 5. That's nothing. That 7% speedboost? Over the course of 15 seconds is barely noticeable, but noticeable enough so killers don't need to count. A survivor suddenly slowing down in speed out of nowhere? Endurance is over. For a patch that is supposed to counteract tunneling and camping, that's a very safe basekit mechanic. Off The Record is only unsafe in the EGC, the rest of the game, it's basically the "don't tunnel me, you'll regret it

As I said, the changes on survivor to discourage camping and tunneling are really effective. BT is objectively stronger post-patch. Off the record grants endurance effect which discourages the killer to go after the survivor as they have to hit the survivor twice to down them as opposed to going after the unhooker who is injured.

Survivors only received two notable changes, but their changes are spot on.

The killer changes on other hand were suppose to increase their potency in the chase. Otz played pinhead and clown to test changes. He got like 5 hooks with pinhead. With clown, he got 2 hooks(9:46) within 5 generators. 2.5% generator regression is great. 10% on pallet breaks, recovery and speed boost loss are correct changes. but the numbers are too low, too safe numbers.

Maybe if the numbers were like all doubled, it would help more. At least they acknowledge the killers having poor chases and generator being a problem. silver lining i guess?

The most scary aspect of their dev update was that apparently, they said kill-rates are lower than expected. in case you aren't aware, The dev balance this game on 50% kill-rate, you know, 2 kills. lower than expected means that killer get less than two kills.

I assume they're talking about high MMR killer vs high MMR Survivor. it doesn't make too much sense for low MMR/weak survivors to be thrashing high MMR killer players.

Conclusively, as I said in my opening post. I was more concerned about the changes doing too little. I guess I was more correct than I wanted to be.

• Predated

Oh no, you are not aware of the killrates. Look back on the introduction of the SBMM: "survivors will escape roughly 50% of their games, killers, well, a bit different, but they should be killing a bit more than half". The killrates posted were 2.2 kills on average. That killrate is lower than they expected, but still higher than 2. On average, since most killers can basically guarantee 1 kill, their average is 2.5(10/4) where survivors range from everyone dying and everyone escaping, so 2 on average (10/5). Also note that they didn't mention that the escaperates for individual survivors were higher than expected. Which means that on a large scale, survivors were dying half the time on average. Normally you'd expect that number to be the same, but that is assuming both sides are being played equally. It's perfectly possible for the escaperates to be fine while killrates are not due to having disproportionate players.

As for Otz's builds, well, they weren't meta. I'd say that you should look at Dowsey this time, as Dowsey has been experimenting more with the new meta, where Otz has been trying out perks that would benefit from the speed changes in theory, but don't really.

Forced Penance with Thanatophobia alone slows down games massively. Add Pentimento to it, then Ruin or Call of Brine, and it's quite easy to guarantee kills. Just force a 3-gen around Ruin, Thana makes them want to cleanse it very early on, giving space for Pentimento, which slows the game down to 160 seconds for solo gens.

It's gonna be a bit of a boring meta if endurance remains stackable and the slowdown perks aren't adjusted

• kaskader
    kaskader Member Posts: 283

The changes are great and i love them! its gonna help m1 killers to catch up A BIT faster after the hit. This change counters Shift W which is amazing!

• Devil_hit11

it's gonna be a bit of a boring meta if endurance remains stackable and the slowdown perks aren't adjusted

second chances and slowdown perks. sounds like something about dbd that never changes. I'm just saying base-kit wise, the game hasn't changed for either side.

• Predated

basekit wise there is a lot of things that changed: if your teammate doesnt run BT, you still have some time to get out. There is a 11% basekit slowdown on gens. This gives quite a bit of time. The cooldown and animation speedups are going to be more significant than people think.

As for second chance perks, well, the other solution would be to make it impossible to hook the same survivor more than once in a row, which is extremely abusable. The second chance perks HAVE to be in the game. The slowdown perks dont neccesarily have to be in the game. In fact, my preferred basekit killer mechanic is -12% movement speed and -20% wiggle time if the killer is tunneling(based on the most recent survivor that has been unhooked), but +12% movementspeed if the killer isnt tunneling. So the best strategy would be to hook survivor a, then b, once survivor b has been unhooked, survivor A would be very easily put back on a hook. You can ignore conspicious actions for this, since in most cases, -12% and -20% are not really going to impact the ability to hook, it just slows you down a little bit. It also means that as long as you are slowed down, another survivor is on the hook, which also slows down the game. So it would be beneficial for you to hook someone else as it speeds up the ability to get back in chase. Which is what all other mechanics also are for. They dont really speed up a single chase, but they do make it faster for you to pick up the next chase.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,046

if it's actually a problem, maybe it would be worth instead making killers fasting during the attack cooldown recovery. less strength in camping scenarios, but more distance making for actual chases?

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

" Just force a 3-gen around Ruin, Thana makes them want to cleanse it very early on, giving space for Pentimento, which slows the game down to 160 seconds for solo gens."

How are you supposed to force a 3-gen around Ruin when it vanished after the first kill? If you're down to 4 gens done but no kills yet the game's pretty much over, killer lost.

• Predated

You literally ignored half of the comment. You force a 3 gen by patrolling the area, having Thana makes survivors want to cleanse it asap, which is a good thing, because then you can place Pentimento in its place. Since it's a 3 gen region, they would have to come to you. Thana slows them down even further and since you're patrolling the gens, they can't afford to keep healing. The more they heal, the more time you have to chase. If they stop healing, it takes 18 seconds to cleanse the totem. But since everyone is injured, your chases are going to be significantly shorter.

And creating a 3-gen isn't about losing 4 gens. It's about ensuring 3 specific gens do not get fixed. You can create a 3-gen when there are 5 gens remaining.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

U can still trade hooks, the reduced cooldown is barely 2 stacks of Save the Best for Last, the perk itself goes up to 8, so the change helps, but not as much as ur worried.

I feel the changes are a way to make M1 killers a liiiiitle bit more viable overall. The state they are in rn is not amazing tbh

• Devil_hit11

I mean you can do that currently in current live servers. Am I missing something? I never seen anyone really use hex:pento or call of brine outside of meme streamer youtube videos. thano is pretty much only used on legion, so its more of legion buff rather than anything else. he's apparently perceived as weak or something.

• Predated

Well, yeah, but you can do that through different reasons. Right now you can do it through Ruin alone as Ruin grants 200% regression. Call of Brine sucks right now because of Pop, Ruin and Pain Resonance literally doing everything Call of Brine can do, except better. Pentimento is quite good, but you'd have to get rid of totems through some means. But even with all the current perks, because gens "only" take 80 seconds, you could work on 2 at the same time if 1 survivor is dead, then have one at 80% after Pain Res, unhook the hooked surv asap while another is being chased, go back to the gen that is now at 70% and finish it before the killer can pull another Pain Res, even if you have current Thana or Pentimento applied.

After the changes, you would be at 70%, then have that drop to about 66% if Ruin is still active, and Thana or Pentimento is powerful enough on its own to prevent that generator from reaching 100%, because it has 10 charges more.

As for Legion, well, he's not really weak, especially not after his rework. There are some maps that he currently underperforms on, but that's more a map issue than his design issue. Most veteran players actually tend to put Legion on the top of C-tier(which by any means, cant be called weak) or the bottom of B-tier. "weak" killers are killers who are stuck in D-tier. C-tier and up are more than viable enough to not need any buffs.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

it's a joke even the worst killer players deserve free kills if they can hold W and left click apparently, then people complain about survivors holding W

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,064

If you have to bloodlust everyone to get downs, you're only getting a kill if a.) survivors don't know what gens are or b.) you're Bubba.

Bloodlust takes so much time to activate that you've pretty much lost the chase anyway, even when you do get the hit. It's a patch mechanic for unbalanced loops and window chains. NOED was far more of a "free kills for bad killers" mechanic than bloodlust ever was, and that one did get a nerf this go-around.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    edited July 2022

I am worried about panzer survivors tanking 3-5 hits on a Chase

• Devil_hit11

in 3 generator strategies, the way survivors counter-play 3 generator strategies go on 2 further generators and progress the generator until the killer comes close to the survivor. if they hit the survivor, survivors can sprint burst away and heal. the killer cannot follow because the other survivors would be able to progress the other generator. the chase for the killer takes too long.

overall gameplay loop for survivor in 3 generator is progress gens->get hit->heal, repeat till all generator are done. this works because when survivor progress a generator, say even 25%, in 80 sec gen, these 20 seconds of progress take 80 seconds to regress. 80 sec is eternity in dbd terms. survivor can keep progressing the generator while the killer at base-kit regress at 400% speed.

conclusively, you can progress like 25% of generator, get hit, heal and even if the killer kicks a generator, the generator will not regress very much, maybe it will be at 20%(as said this is 400% slower regress than 1 survivor progressing generators). you can just keep doing this until you get to 100% generator progression. it doesn't matter for how long generator take, just that the killer does not regress them faster than the survivor progresses them.

i'm not sure how thano or hex:penti have anything to do with 3 gens. the generator could take 100 seconds and this dynamic for 3 gens would not change. it would just take longer break 3 gen, but 3 gen would be broken just by progression vs regression values. Pop also does not matter because pop requires hooks and there are no hooks in this gameplay. Ruin matters, but its hex totem, meaning it can be broken. Ruin is dying anyway next patch so you won't have to worry about it.

new overcharge and call of brine are over-time regression perks and these perks unlike pop do not require a hook, so yes these perks might create 3 gen scenarios where killer regress faster than survivor progress. call of brine is pretty slow regression and I don't really see this perk at all currently. Overcharge is only perk I'm worried about in new chapter patch for killer. it does take 30 seconds for regress to reach 400% but its still 400% regression which is a lot in regards to 3 gen killer gameplay. I guess we'll just have to see effectiveness of this. if 3 gen overcharge is as effective as I imagine it to be, than the perk will just get nerfed probably. Likely to take say 45-60 seconds to get 400% regression.

this gameplay for survivor in regards 3 gens is incredibly boring. its not effective at all for killer. the killer will lose. it just that it takes a while for killer to lose. Just extends the game for no reason at all. I'm not sure how a killer could play matches like this because its also very boring for the killer. Hostage 3 generator gameplay as killer is almost as boring as insidious basement bubba for me personally.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,459

I've mentioned this many times, if they want less camping they should absolutely buff time on hook to 80 seconds. It makes sense now that gens take longer.

If chases really are finished faster, and gens are slower, killers now have time to go for more chases, so camping won't be as much of a necessity to win against the strongest survivors.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417

Currently, hooks take TWO MINUTES to perform a sacrifice. Each stage takes 60 seconds. Are you suggesting 80 second hook stages for a total time of 1 minute and 40 seconds??