The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I am staggered by how many people don't like the removal of BP bonuses from WGLF/BBQ.

2»

Comments

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

they should have implemented those bonus bp as default... they are making mistakes on mistakes every day...

• Cramps
    Cramps Member Posts: 114

Have to agree, the grind is / always has been a problem, but, players shouldn't have to sacrifice a perk slot to fix something which should be changed by the devs for everyone. Going forward, it'll be nice to play with 4 perks, instead of 3.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

The thing is, by removing the BP bonus from BBQ you are going to increase the amount of camping/tunnelling that takes place. Old BBQ had a strong incentive to ensure that the killer made sure to hook each survivor at least once, usually as quickly as possible to ensure that they got full stacks.

Now? No reason to spread out hooks, camp away!

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Because the option should have still been there.

• Omputin
    Omputin Member Posts: 142

But the thing is that the new system without BBQ is a lot slower compared to the current system for most people. I don’t think anyone would have an issue with it if they actually reduced the grind.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I don't have an issue with removing those bonuses from perks. Like they said, the current iteration causes you to feel the need to have BBQ at all times or you're getting halved points.

The solution is to bake them into the base game, not to remove the bonus and leave everyone with the crap BP gain they were desperate to avoid in the first place.

Both the bonuses encourage better, more fun gameplay for everyone as well. BBQ encourages you to try to hook everyone which naturally disincentivises tunneling and camping. WGLF rewards you for helping your teammates in safe ways, giving them the better experience of safer unhooks or being protected while injured.

Having these as a base mechanic would overall be a positive thing both for gameplay and the grind, and just deleting them entirely shows the devs disconnection from their own players.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

I mean I guess if they broke every marathon runner's kneecaps in order to compete, it would shake up the world of sports, but I would still prefer the old ways thank you very much.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

The bonus BP from the perk should've been basekit rather than removed

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

The aura reading from BBQ also promoted leaving the hook because you know where to go. Expect to see a lot more camping after the update. They never should’ve touched it, it hurts both sides

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

I barely use those perks. I only use them when I want bloodpoints.