Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

99% doors isn’t a good game mechanic.

Witchubtet
Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Survivors will say what they want but 99 a exit gate is not fair to the killers. You can do your very best and hook two survivors but the remaining two can 99% and go get their friends. So my options are to camp at least one or what? Try and hunt down the other two who are most definitely coming for the others? I feel like the gates should have a percentage system. 25% 50% 75% 100%. If they stop at 99% then it goes to 75%. Killers usually don’t get advantages like that. Myers can’t truly 99% anymore. Ghost face can be knocked out of it with a simple glance. It’s not like we can 99% carrying or hooks. Just seems like it would be fair. Considering the doors only need 20 seconds.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 308

or just make them slowly regress (like new ruin)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The gates progress should completely reset to 0 once the survivor lets it go. Its the only fair way to deal with it.

To compensate it, they just need to buff Wake Up to allow the survivors to open the gate (much) faster.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

I agree, I think EGC starting as soon a gens are done, always 4 minutes would be a great change. Of course No Way Out, Blood Warden and Remember Me would have to be nerfed accordingly.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Just open the gate yourself.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

non issue

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

"Myers can’t truly 99% anymore. "

I'm sorry... what?

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

If the survivors have 99nd the gate you've kind of already lost them. Letting them 99 it and come back to you gives them chances to make huge mistakes. The alternative for a gate that immediately regresses is survivors just opening the gate and leaving instead of doing last minute risky plays.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,891
    edited July 2022

Gates should regress for sure, or at the very least, the killer should be able to hit and regress them if they are 99'd.

It doesn't feel fair to able to 99 a gate, have the whole team coordinate and execute and end game save, and then just tap the door on the way out. It's only a 20 second task.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Just open the gates yourself, let them out and decrease kill rates. Play the long con and wait for more buffs.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

If I can recall that was a bug like 2 years ago or something

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

I don't do this but I play for hooks more than kills and I often see myself with 3 hooks all game and no kills.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Last I heard the Devs, End Game Collapse was added to make sure games end after Generators are lit.

• Problem was Survivors would just stick around and pester the Killer, and hide.
    • Its only purpose is to end the game in relative time.

I propose the Endgame Collapse should start after 3min from Gates being Powered. Even if the doors are not open.

• HagathaSimmons
    HagathaSimmons Member Posts: 236

DBDLeaks revealed a regressing exit gate mechanic forever ago but I guess the devs scrapped the idea? 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 83

Gates should be reset to zero once you leave switch. To compensate it it should take about 10s to open it. This change would make EGC little bit more funny and push the pressure between all players.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Same here, 8hooks/0kills playstyle.

And depending on my BP gain i open the gate myself for the points since i don't care about the kills anyway.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

IMO gates should regress if a survivor isn't nearby (because we all know one will just stand there tapping it to keep it maxed anyway). makes a survivor busy holding the gate ready at least

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,211

Killers being able to regress gates manually, even if just by about 10%, could be a valid mechanic. After all they've taken the time to go to the gate and interact with it.

But it would still need to be a choice between regressing and opening.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

You seem confused. The issue is not that killers want the survivors to hurry up and leave. They want the survivors to be forced to make a choice.

1) Open the gate so you can leave at at any moment

2) Don't open the gate so you can have as much time possible to make saves.

The reality is that survivors want both these options in a single package with no counterplay:

Leave the door 99% open so it can be opened instantly and there is no consequence or fear that the gate can be "undone".

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Opening the gate yourself causes end game collapse. If you choose to prioritize your hook, the hooked survivor still has a timer. It's just a smart play by the survivor. You have a choice.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

It's not an issue.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,699

The gates are never gonna be adjusted, they already tried exit gate regression and it was horrible.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

while I don't really see it as a massive issue, I think the idea of a percentage system like you suggested is the best for a change in this (if needed at all) when compared to the other suggestions I've heard before (like the gates instantly reseting like totems or being able to regress to 0).

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It’s not a balance issue, but it is kind of a silly gameplay experience. Thematically it feels like the survivors should be steered toward opening the door and getting out, not almost-but-not-quite opening it and hanging around forever to see if they can squeeze out more points or whatever. Plus the Exit Gate phase is kind of anticlimactic when it stalls because the doors aren’t open. There would probably be more tension if the survivors were encouraged to open the gates rather than not.

I kind of think the matches might feel a little better in the end game if they added, say, 45 seconds to the end game collapse timer but the collapse started when the gens are completed, not when the doors are opened. That way the survivors still have plenty of time to open the doors and try for last minute rescues but it doesn’t get into a stalemate where neither the survivors nor the killer are opening the doors to start that timer. There’s some details to work out with whether to change hatch or not in that system but otherwise I think it would work pretty well.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

Kill rates would skyrocket by 30% if that was the case.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Then camping/tunneling/slugging isnt an issue either and no steps should be made to adjust those tactics - because the 99% door problem causes those things to happen.

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346

Either the killer can regress the gates automatically with a perk, or should have to manually do it themselves like with kicking a gen, I'd be ok with that. Other than that, this was already addressed by a dev in a similar post. They tried this already, having the gates automatically regress, and it didn't work. They won't be bringing it back. I don't really see it as an issue as is either. Survivors will just leave, and it won't increase your kill rate by much if at all. the fact that 99ing a gate makes survivors feel "safer" to come back into a map for unhooks, is just another opportunity for the killer to get another down. Survivors can 99 a gate, and killers can open the door to create pressure.

• Tsulan
  • CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619

Simple

-Increase EGC by a minute, and until a single gate is open it's slow(gray)

Interesting

-Or, make switches with 4 sections, if a survivor goes further than 5m, switch loses 1 section at 1:1 rate, which is just 5 seconds.

• Tsulan

Why? Because survivors can´t feel completely save by 99% the gate and do what they want anymore?

Isn´t that the whole point of changing the gates?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Always the same stuff. Maybe use the Search-Function?

• The Devs said that they thought about regressing Exit Gates but decided against it.
    • EGC is not implemented to grant additional Kills or put extra pressure on the Survivors, it is just that the game can end.
    • If the Survivors dont open the Exit Gates but you want to have EGC (for Bloodwarden or to force an End to the game) you can open the Exit Gate yourself as the Killer. This is why it was implemented.

You would be able to get all those information if you would just use the Search-function.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Expectation: Survivors make same plays before, run into closed gate, 4k

Reality: Survivors leave immediately, 1k

• AnchorTea

It would make the ending of the match too challenging for survivor. The focus should be more even spreading out the difficulty throughout the whole match instead of it all piling up in the end. A hex perk that regresses gate times could work, but having it reset back to 0 after releasing is too damn far.

I play both roles fyi.

• Tsulan

It would make the end more strategic for both sides. Endgame perks should be strong and have a impact on the match. Since they are inactive during the bigger part of the match.

Wake Up could be buffed and allow for a break of the meta.

But that's only possible when gates are regressing and still form a obstacle for survivors.

• AnchorTea

By a massive change of keeping the gates at zero it would make the endgame very one-sided. It would un fun for survivors.

• Tsulan

Keeping them at 99% with absolutely no risk for survivors, makes them unfun for killers.

For example, Blood Warden only starts once the gates are open. Survivors 99 the gate and completely nullify the perk. While having 0 fear of staying longer in the trial.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

When i want to feel sad I just look at this.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

The only difference between 99d gate and open gate is if EGC has started. EGC only exists to put a time limit on the match, which is why the killer has the ability to start it as well (opening the gate, closing the hatch).

EGC honestly does not exist to put pressure on either side or help either side, it's entirely an anti hostagetaking mechanic with some cool visuals and audio slapped on. As long as both killers and survivors can start it, it's working perfectly actually.