Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please improve Boil Over.

Guys, please! Bring Boil Over effects back to 100 on wiggle. The perk basically went back to what it was before with this 80% effect, just 5% more than the original value. The effect of advancing the wiggle when falling from a great height is often negligible and extremely situational, especially since there are many high areas in the game that have hooks.

The Boil Over situation got even worse after you guys updated the game adding new hooks in more areas of the maps.

It's a meme perk, weak for solo games, and minimally interesting only for very well-synced SWFs, and yet, it's not a much used perk.

The 100% effect was the minimum to keep, especially considering how weak this perk is in open areas.

Comments

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

They do plan to look at wiggle impact in a future patch and addressed this back in 5.7.0:

"Dev Note: Boil Over's wiggle impact was causing some players to have significant issues navigating certain maps, beyond the intended impact of the perk. We are planning to look at wiggle impact more generally in a future patch, but for now we are toning down the impact from Boil Over to prevent particularly egregious cases."

So I think they do intend to re-address Boil Over, or the Wiggle sway impact in the future.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I mean "future" is really vague. It could be next chapter patch. Or it could be 2 years for all we know.

• WeslleySim
    WeslleySim Member Posts: 35

They need to resolve the issue of this perk. It's frustrating that it's such a meme. It's almost useless in the normal game.

Minimally experienced killers can handle it without major problems.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

A perl shouldn't be 100% useless just because it's too strong on console users.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

Honestly I used to root so hard for Boil Over as a premiere meme perk but as soon as it got its moment in the spotlight with its overtuned buff it lost all novelty to me - it's a perk that, like Breakout, shouldn't be able to facilitate wiggle escapes on its own - but may be juuust enough to make it happen when it otherwise wouldn't in conjunction with other perks & support. If it can cause wiggle escapes on its own, even unreliably, it's a pretty unhealthy perk and will lead to a lot of spite-slugging.

Otherwise the killer is pushed into a lot of stalemate scenarios where a survivor can repeatedly deny the killer the ability to get hooks just by running into certain corners - like, Flip-Flop + Power Struggle memes at least require a palette to throw. The only endpoint for a Boil Over loop is the bleedout timer, which killers will use.

• WeslleySim

This perk should at the very least gain more power, at least in the endgame. It's fair.

• HagathaSimmons
    HagathaSimmons Member Posts: 236

If I knew I couldn’t hook someone bc of Boilover, I kept them slugged. If I can’t hook you I’m def not gonna just let you go…

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Boil Over is a terrible perk, down to its very premise. It's either worthless or it's more effective than DS at preventing the killer from getting a hook without a cool down or conditions or any stupid tiny skill check. It was definitely a bad thing when it was too strong. Nothing like watching a survivor get off a killer's shoulder multiple times, so the killer gives up on them and tunnels you out because you didn't run the annoying perk. I despised teammates who ran Boil Over and if I could've known beforehand and dodged their lobbies I would have.

The 100% effect was too strong on some maps, especially against console killers. I wasn't messing around with that, if I got stuck on the environment even once because of Boil Over then the survivor got to stay on the ground and bleed out.

I still see Boil Over a lot these days. Apparently there continues to be a large number of survivors who find it useful. On a map with a lot of line-of-sight blockers Boil Over can be very costly for the killer.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Experienced killers like me even realize you sway faster than you walk and use it to boost to the hook. what are you going to do, not wiggle?

• WeslleySim

So would it be a case of changing the intensity depending on the platform you play on? Nor can we forget that most maps are open?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

BHVR seems unwilling to have things work differently on different platforms. Like the Decisive Strike skill check is next to impossible to hit on Switch, but the devs won't address that. I don't think they'd have the wiggle intensity be different on different platforms.

Anyway, I don't really think Boil Over is a good idea for a perk in general. If it's strong, it allows one survivor without the help of any teammates to deny the killer hooks, and the only counter to that would be slugging. If it's weak, then it's another useless perk no one will equip. If you want the perk to be strong, it needs conditions, like a maximum amount of time during which it's active (ex: current Lucky Break), or a long cool down, or it turns off completely if the survivor manages to escape off the killer's shoulders once. Something like that.

Imagine if Merciless Storm activated every single time a generator got to 90%. Some survivors might never be able to finish a generator. That's similar to what Boil Over is like when it's effective: a killer keeps getting to the end and then they can't actually finish, can't get the downed survivor on a hook. The killer only has two options then, which is to either slug or just say screw it and go AFK. Back in the days of strong Boil Over I did both, going AFK was the choice I enjoyed more.