Killers should only see Generic Playernames until the end of the match

Absoluterealdipper
Absoluterealdipper Member Posts: 31
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

This may be just a small problem but while Survivors can't see the killer's name, the killer can see the survivor's name and eventually streamsnipe as many lesser known ones have a "ttv" in their name. So just to make things a little more fair regarding this, Killers should only see generic Survivor names like "Dwight" or "Claudette". If there are multiple of the same characters it's just "Dwight 1" and "Dwight 2".

As I said, this may not be a huge problem, but it's annoying for streamers when your round is ruined because the killer always knows where you are

Edit: I suggest generic names and not just disabling them so you can still have somewhat of an overview of who you hooked

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I want to play poker with my hand shown to everyone so spectators can cheer for me but I dont want the table to know what cards Im playing.

Sorry but if you stream and put .ttv and get streamsniped its your own fault.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

I doubt players go watch a streamer just because he was in the same lobby.

It's my understanding a good way to get views is, among other things, to have a youtube channel with lots of videos. (Granted, it's easier said than done)

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

Didn't they already announce this? It's named 'streamer mode' and is supposed to be added somewhen in autumn.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

No one is making you stream. No one is making you advertise your stream. If you put your stream in your name you run the risk of someone stream sniping you. There's a simple solution. Don't stream or take TTV out of your name.

On a personal note, when playing with randoms I hate streamers. They're less concerned with playing the game. Instead they try to put on a show. From my experience they are often the first ones to quit when things don't go their way.

• MrPotato
    MrPotato Member Posts: 71

Just don't have ttv in your name lol, that doesn't get people to watch your stream it just tells them you get less than 100 views and they can stream snipe

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

If you don't want to get stream sniped, don't put ttv in your name

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

I remember back when we could switch killers, if i saw a "mori me (killer)" I'd usually switch to that killer, they were fine with it

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Eh, no opinion.

I have looked people names up if I thought they were streamers though, even if they didn't have TTV in their names.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

Yeah, I still encounter these and I'm kind of annoyed I cannot switch.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Putting ttv in your name means I'm appearing on public television. So of course I'm going to put on my Sunday Best so I don't embarrass myself to the world.

Sometimes people's names are funny and are why I let them go. Conversely, once in a while you come across blatantly, extremely racist names and honestly, it's hilarious when Survivors and the Killer unite and pause the match to fight racism lmao.

Idk, hiding names seems like a way to sterilize this game even further and remove a sense of the community.

You're more than free to just name yourself Jimbob.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

No, if I am going against a TTV, I deserve to know who my victim will be. It provides them with content too, this is a mutually beneficial relationship. Mind your own business.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327
    edited July 2022

Agree with killers not being able to see profiles in the lobby. The same should go for everyone in the lobby really.

@ OP, I don't mind seeing someone's name being a TTV, because I instantly know to dodge the lobby altogether. I didn't sign up for my gameplay to be seen by x amount of viewers, whether I'm having a great or horrendous game. And I've never been happier that I'm on Epic and have no profile, what with all the onstream doxing that sometimes happens.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

No if i See a TTV or Players whit a a kinda same name or Team Name i Instant lesve the lobby because i dont wants to play whit them

• ThiccBudhha

You agree with them despite not wanting to play against ttv? What?

See, this is why developers low-key need to not listen to people.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I meant I agree with the part about killers not being able to see profiles in the lobby. I forgot to specify, good catch I'll edit!

• ThiccBudhha

Oh, yeah, I definitely agree with that part too. It is never really used for good. Lol.

• Absoluterealdipper
    Absoluterealdipper Member Posts: 31

Tell that to the people that told me "Ez" in twitch chat after I lost against them

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

People often visit streamers postgame to talk about the match or watch the VOD, and occasionally they'll stick around. I've made a few streamer friends from it, and it's probably not a bad way to grow viewership to a modest amount.

That said, I'm inclined to think that's just the risk of advertising as a TTV. If there was a mode you could specifically hide your name on and it was an optional thing, I'm fine with that, but I'd hate to lose stuff like ISimp4Ghostie or BoopThePig that sometimes lead to funny interactions, or even survivors whose names are messages to other players like PalletStuns4Tome or IfCampedDoGens.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2022

I posted a similar topic like a year ago, leaving the ''TTV'' problem out of this, some killers tunnel me because I have ''furry'' in my name, some of them leave hateful messages in the end game chat, some of my LGBT friends that have ''any sign'' on their name that contains something that may remotely indicate that they are LGBT and killers will tunnel/camp them, there is no reason for other players to be able to see our names during the lobby screen.

Post edited by Ink_Eyes on
  • GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

The best thing a streamer can do is increase the stream delay to prevent this. Sure not being exactly live can sometimes suck but its what you have to deal with being a streamer. I myself am not one but i do have a few friends that are and it has occasionally happened where we got sniped in a match.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

This is literally what they're doing when they add streamer mode. You won't see the player's name, just the character's name. Example: "Claudette Morel"

But if you don't want killers to see TTV in ur name, why put it there? Why not do what most other PC players do and just say "Hex: Butts" or something completely unrelated to you.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

There is no need for The Killer to see the usernames of Survivors. It goes beyond stream sniping; it also has to do with farming, harassment, and lobby dodging. Three reasons the devs have indicated why Survivors' cannot see the username of The Killer in advance. The exact reasons apply in reverse.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

I very deliberately leave if I see a TTV or obvious streamer, I'm a relatively inexperienced killer and I've had quite enough of a streamer bagging me out the entire game - I went to see the VOD a few times and without fail they've been completed arses about it. I know I'm not experienced and make mistakes I don't need their entire audience laughing at me thanks.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Is it not possible to go into a Twitchy's chat after the match is over?

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

Personally i have a list of names that i have played with/against and if i see them I peace out of the match before it starts.

Just to give an example of a reason to have names in the pregame

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,930

Streamer mode with a name scrambler option would be pleasant. Sure.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,594

I'm more for the opposite solution:

Give the survivors the ability to check the killer players profile. Bc. whenever I had some particular toxic / unenjoyable killer (hardcore camping and tunneling), they were wearing their negative profile comments as badges. I don't want to play against players that play the game as "unfair" as possible out of malice or just to "farm the salt".

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

I say killer auto loses the match when there's a ttv

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

But also, I've literally seen killers argue on this forum that it's their right to snipe if you're going to advertise it, idk why you're acting like people don't snipe lol.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited July 2022

How is it ineffective? My steams have about 2 - 3 second delay, you can see what perks they're running, you can tunnel if they're not running DS, you can know if their saves will have BT applied etc, you can see what gens they are on and where they are.