Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

[IDEA] Use the old (first) PTB Kate's voice on the new female survivor :D

I guess that probably the new survivor will be a woman so I thought that why not to give the old Kate's sound to the new survivor? It'd decent. To be honest I love Kate's old sounds (that screamy and loud) and I wish it was in the game again. Many other people also liked the old sounds better so maybe it'll be the solution? We don't know how that survivor will look and if it'll fit well but it's just a idea. What do you think?

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Wait let me find the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmDn_aZcdtM

There!

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@DocOctober said:
    "Her PTB voice was never intended to be her release voice."

Suuuuuuuure... as if I believe that. The devs caved in to crybabies not being able to handle that wonderfully gory, piercing scream she had. A scream that perfectly fits a horror game.

I've been looking forward to hear that more often already when those files were leaked almost a year before Kate was finally implemented into the game and then they pulled this crap.

Yup, at first like most people I was like "what the hell", but the feeling of pain was well voiced. Now she sounds like a mermaid who sings... Pleasant for the ears but doesn't fit what is going on.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

I miss Banshee Queen Kate kinda

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

Her original scream was awful and scratchy not "gory and piercing", not to mention how it didn't match up with her character at all. They can easily do better for whatever new character they introduce.

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@DocOctober said:
    "Her PTB voice was never intended to be her release voice."

Suuuuuuuure... as if I believe that. The devs caved in to crybabies not being able to handle that wonderfully gory, piercing scream she had. A scream that perfectly fits a horror game.

I've been looking forward to hear that more often already when those files were leaked almost a year before Kate was finally implemented into the game and then they pulled this crap.

HONESTLY plus you're getting a hook jammed through your shoulder what're you supposed to do?

• Jake_Parks_prince

@Science_Guy said:
    Her original scream was awful and scratchy not "gory and piercing", not to mention how it didn't match up with her character at all. They can easily do better for whatever new character they introduce.

How did it not match her character at all?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    They only had to lower her volume down... not completely change it... I loved her original voice 
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

@Jake_Parks_prince said:

@Science_Guy said:

She's a singer and yet her voice was hoarse and scratchy.

• Jake_Parks_prince

@Science_Guy said:

@Jake_Parks_prince said:

@Science_Guy said:

She's a singer and yet her voice was hoarse and scratchy.

No matter if you're a singer or not its gonna sound like that if you're screaming in pain sksks now she sounds like shes trying to sing an opera