I feel like I'm missing something here

2»

Comments

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
  • Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

You realize that most people are solo q right? Stats showed so.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    edited July 2022

Can you show the stats out of curiosity? Also that doesn't really explain the 2nd part about solo Q not being the only thing being complained about.

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

what? did you not read the thread or something, we're discussing why people are complaining, i have no idea what your even trying to say, i think you missed the context here

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

No, the less speed boost is not bugged. Its on patch notes. They decreased it.

If you combine all the things you just said its a big difference for the killer.

Thana is the worst, some killers such Plague and Legion got a huge buff from that.

• RenRen

No I know that the less speed boost is a thing but there is a bug where you don't get a boost at all.

Thana didn't get changed much though, however I do agree thanat plague and legion is NOT fun. I've definitely experienced it more then I would have liked. Like I said I think they should change the gen time to 85 just to see if that's a good balance and maybe reduce the numbers on thanat or at least change it so it works better for everyone while also reducing the numbers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

It really is. Almost like being a main automatically invalidates a opinion or something like that.

Its save to assume that everyone on this forum likes the game. Some prefer playing only one role, some like to play both roles. But independently on what roles someone plays, everyone can have their opinion. Calling someone out for having a different opinion is simply ugly.

• RenRen

Those are really old. Like really old. I'll admit that I was wrong and solo Q has more players then swf players though the numbers would be a little bit more even then the chart shows as time has passed and we have gotten some pretty good 3rd parties such as silent hill and resident evil.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,164

Love to see comment with stats in Feb 2020 are same ones that in this post say they are from April 1-7 2019. Nearly a year and the stats were considered close enough to just reuse same graphic. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61114/community-community-data-requests

• Marigoria

That's why I'd really like to see the "low kill rate" stats we have now. It's just weird how they haven't shown a stat graph this time, specially for such a big claim.

• Tsulan

And then there´s people that take statements from last year out of context.

• Marigoria

I'm not referring to you. I'm referring to someone yesterday who claimed so.

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

It's dead hard what you are missing. Gone for good.

• Tsulan

I´m also not referring to you.

Considering how the devs "never" wanted to increase gen times and all the other changes looking like they were made to increase camping. I´d say that those stats must have been really low. Maybe so low, that releasing them would have caused a major outcry. So they decided against it.

• Marigoria

That's just assumptions though. Why didnt they share the stats? They even shared stats on how much perks are used.

I thought devs were better than just "trust me bro" as source.

• TheLastHook

Boosted killers getting easy kills they don’t deserve.

Hahahaha so much for the power role huh?

So that's what your friends tell you on Discord about Killers? How's the E key in your keyboard is it blurry?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Complaints happen every patch and it just happens that it's one of the biggest patches they made so the outcry is equally bad.

In a couple of weeks we'll go back to the normal amount of complaining and a couple or weeks after that the devs will probably fine tune some of the changes they made

• Tsulan

Our community is kinda special. Just look at how the forum performed during the last few days. While i would also like for them to be more open about everything, there certainly is a very loud minority that overreacts. So they probably are more cautious with releasing certain data.

I mean, there was some data released during a event. With a disclaimer, that those stats are not representative at all and yet, people took it like this and that is OP.

So i really can´t blame them.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Honestly some of the changes might've been designed to be reverted anyway

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Seems I struck a nerve..

I don't play SWF. I don't mind Dead Hard's nerf.

"Power Role" should not mean the "Easy-Win Role".

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,177

I mean the survivor community is going to natural be longer than that of the killer community (this, of course, ignores the fact that some people play both sides). Remember, the game needs to have a 4 to 1 ratio. So when a large amount of survivors complain about an update, it's going to be more vocal than that of killers.

(No, Im not trying to split the community as one or the other with this example, it's just the best way I can explain it since I am horrible with words.)

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,177

To be perfectly honest, as an M2 only Billy that doesnt use slowdown, it hasnt been too noticeable, I may had 1 game where the increase gen speed saved me, but that's it. To be fair, I have a niche playstyle where I dont tunnel or camp, mainly since I think it's boring for both sides, but Ive tried to make the game as enjoy for me and others.

I lost a lot of games and won a lot of games, but from my POV, the changes dont really do anything, but Im not mad about it, I just would have prefer different changes over the ones we got. I think killers struggled from the awful map design (too strong/safe of loops, too big of maps, etc), and the changes they made only promote horrible playstyles.

While I can say that as killer (with my niche playstyle), I have been enjoying the update, I did play some SoloQ survivor (I play both sides), and it's an awful experience, BHVR really needs to look at it.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

I swear to the Entity that if they removed Dead Hard from the game completely, Killers would be justifying any sort of opinion or belief by citing Dead Hard even three years from now.

DH nerf was a fantastic addition to the game, if the patch was only about just that, there wouldn't be such a massive uproar. I'm sure entitled Survivors would make a fuss because they can't just press E to ctrl+z a mistake, but this is so much more than that.

The general buffs have made Killers that were already so oppressive that they could stomp comp teams are now even stronger and get fed very inexperienced survivors still. The developers made the mistake of ignoring the strong killers when applying the basekit changes.

Camping and tunneling are now easier than ever before and even more rewarding. If you can get a down fast enough, Bubba is basically guaranteed to 3k.

SoloQ has been utterly gutted by multiple perks that are disproportionately strong against SoloQ and weak against SWFs have been buffed. The developers promised us a basekit change where we would see next to the portrait what our SoloQ teammates are doing. Peanits confirmed not too long ago that such changes are actually not coming for at least 12 MONTHS. Mind you, we didn't even get Kindred basekit, because apparently it would be too OP even without the killer aura reveal. Meanwhile SWFs can let each other know which generators are being worked on, who is going for the save, who is going for a chase, who has what persk, which pallets are down/destroyed etc. It's absolutely ridiculous. Especially after the devs themselves have admitted that there is a +15% of a survivor escaping if they are in a SWF. And the solution is to nerf SoloQ...like...what are they thinking?

And yes. Matchmaking is still just as garbage as it has been every single day, since SBMM was introduced. It addressed nothing that was wrong with the emblem system and in some cases it performs even worse.

I love playing weaker Killers now, but I'm done with SoloQ until they buff it somehow.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Because most base buffs dont really apply to your gamestyle, the 2 free SBFL stacks, increased breaking speed and less sprint after hit dont apply to chainsaw hits. Only the 2,5% base regression after kick and 10 second gen speed really affect you.

I do notice the base changes, especially the SBFL and less sprint ones, the increased gen speeds is also noticeable, especially when there is 3 gens left onwards.

• TheLastHook

It ain't the easy role. Killer.

So perfect balance for you then, after the patch. Epic.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Pyramid Head's cages let him negate Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time. Now, he can only cage you if YOU go into his torment trails. He can't put torment on you.

But you would not BELIEVE the level of whining and the sheer number of posts about how BROKEN and OP Pyramid Head's cages were when he first came out.

A feature that is 100% in the hands of survivors, and all it does it prevent them from using two super-overused perks.

And, after all the whining, PH got nerfed like four times in a row. To satisfy the waves of whining survivors who refused to, you know, NOT get tormented (or even just to run other perks).

Now, with the perks themselves getting weaker? There's no single killer they can protest to get nerfed. So it's a "give us back our crutch perks or we quit." But make no mistake, it's just the PH situation all over again. People will whine endlessly before they try to do literally anything differently that what they've been doing in the past.

• latigresa
    latigresa Member Posts: 88

Iron Will

Self-Care

Botany Knowledge

Decisive Strike

Calm Spirit

Spin Chill

"But its just Deadhard!"

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

"IF it was paired with a real nerf to slowdown or regression", what do you call ruin now? or pop? or DMS + PR? Additionally complaining about the 2.5% insta regression = .025 * 90 = 2.25 seconds. You shave off 2.25 seconds off the gen but wait you have to sacrifice 1.8 seconds to do the kicking animation, so the killer only gets 2.25 - 1.8 = .45 seconds back for their investment

• Ladyinadress18
    Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243

I just finished a match where a doctor camped the hook, hit the survivor that was unhooking (healthy), then just followed the unhooked survivor for 5 seconds and rehooked them.

then the survivor that did the saving was injured and ran to a corner to heal. Let’s say we didn’t escape that match and 1 gen got done in total.

• Omans

I see you are just a troll. One last time, though.

I never said playing killer is "easy."

I said it has become "easy-win"

Nurse is not easy to learn/play. But, she is very easy to win with. See the difference?

Seems you have very little experience in the game, though. You should learn the game more before you complain. Actual good/experienced players see your comment and laugh at how bad/new you sound.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

The "meta has been shaked", means that you NEED to change the way you play. Thats pretty much it. Try something new.

Iron will : just dont use exhaustion perk

Self care & botany : just bring a medkit

Ds : now you have to anticipate where to go down, to avoid any dead zone

Calm spirit : who even use that kekw

• AngryHobo2
    AngryHobo2 Member Posts: 106

Amen to this! My games feel relatively normal as both killer & survivor. Most of the killers I face don't bring any crazy slowdown builds. Overall the perk builds I've been seeing are greatly varied and everyone I play with seems fairly confident for the most part. Don't get me wrong, Solo Queue certainly has its moments. However, the sheer level of complaining I have seen in the face of the changes does not reflect my gameplay at all. Sometimes I get four kills, sometimes everyone gets out. Sometimes all four survivors leave, sometimes we all die. All in all, I haven't seen anything really crazy. Killers are stronger yeah, but they're not as absurdly oppressive as the community is making it out to be. Sure I haven't faced a Deadlock, Deadman's Switch, HEX: Ruin, HEX: Undying Nurse yet or some Thanatophobia Legion yet, but if they're strong I'd argue it's a result of pre-existing strategies.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

For such a killer sided forum there were a lot more survs recently whining to gut nurse, and even call out "those 5 nurse defenders". I had a good chuckle.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited July 2022

People that actually think its dead hard are so brain dead. Why even bother asking when people have already repeatedly clarified legitimate balance issues about the changes? There are some great ones, like dead hard. Then there are others, which have been listed repeatedly that are not.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Could you please elaborate what the difference between " easy" and "easy win" is?

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Dead Hard was the biggest crutch in DBD easily.

Lots of Survivors are tripping over themselves now, and are realizing how much they needed this perk to win.

So naturally there is a LOT of blame shifting.

• TheLastHook

A thousand hours as Killer since when flashlights blinded you in real life is quite a bit of experience.

Like I said, this game is STILL Survivor sided, by far.

But there are two experiences, the cheating using voice comma with friends and solo-lottery.

When Survivors play to win and not to stupid risky challenges, they have a the chances and tools to win easy.

Also Killer requires 5x more effort to 4k than for Survivors to 4e.

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50

Hahaha next joke. Acting like all those buffs are major.

Yeah let's remember it's 10 PERCENT.

Thanatophobia was ran on exactly 0 killers except legion and plague before, so no difference there. 2 percent buff.

Camping buffed lol what you got inbuilt BORROWED TIME. Doesn't matter if it's only 5 seconds. It's free.

Use old borrowed time then, or OTR. Literally no difference to pre patch.

Yet survivors now stack prove thyself etc to make gens fly.

Your baby attitude is absolutely shocking and how you list all these tiny buffs that make literal zero difference in a good even match, as a list of shocking buffs, is funny.

Please can you tell the last 10 sets of survivors who stomped me, as fast as pre patch, that they aren't getting with this killer dominant agenda.

• Omans

I think my example with nurse was pretty good.

Learning nurse is not easy. Once you have learned her, you get easy wins.

And I have three times your experience with killer alone.

I have no interest in defending SWF. It is brokenly OP at the very top.

Anything lower than the very top? The killer can win, no problem.

Keep practicing. You'll get there.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2022

Not a real nerf to slowdon because it got compensated by the 10 extra seconds per gen plus buffs to Jolt, Eruption, Gift of Pain, Overcharge and overall much MUCH faster chases thanks to 2 free SBFL and decreased sprint.

Having Ruin and PGTW nerfed doesnt mean regression is nerfed, if you buff other stalling perks to take up their place, you just change the perk but not the end result.