Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Adept Killer vs. Adept Survivor

AbsolutGrndZer0
AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,367
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

To get Adept Survivor: Log into match, go AFK the entire match, get lucky with a farming killer, escape. Did nothing whatsover, I was AFK the entire match, but yay. I got Adept.

To get Adept Killer: Log into game and get a perfect match, chase survivors for extended times, down them, let them escape, down them again, hook them, etc. You can see this with your own Fog Whisperer OhTofu's repeated attempts to get Adept Cannibal how difficult it can be to do this, as you literally need to get a +2 Pip via the emblems system.

Honestly, I think Adept Killer challenges should be just get a 4K and be done with it, as OhTofu shows, not only does it rely on the survivors not disconnecting (and honestly, again as OhTofu shows, that's a serious issue when you are doing what you need to do in order to get these.)

Here is OhTofu's latest attempt at getting Adept Cannibal, he's even decided to just wait until rank reset so he can cheese it, because of how truly impossible it is to get a perfect 4 survivors willing to not DC vs. a Bubba playing like you have to play to get all your emblems on him.

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Rank reseted just few days ago and in lower rank you actually only need 3K to get it. You have to still get 9 hooks or could be less. But it should be easy if you have good match. Getting farming killer you need to be very lucky as they are very rare. Being AFK whole match results in death in normal match. In red ranks getting adept is hard but definetely possible you have to go for chases not to camp and kick gens and end chases quickly. For survivor if your team is good you have good chance to get it but if you're team is bad you are probably not gonna get it. As killer it all debends how well you do I think getring it in red ranks is made to be little bit too hard thought. 9 hooks without camping and 4K should be enough but sometimes it is not if you downed survivors too fast with one shot killer ability like bubba best to use add ons for him which makes that you need 2 hits with the chainsaw or just use m1.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022

Honestly? relying it on grade literally does not makes sense, grade is NOT an indicator of anything and should not be considered for achievement like this.

Also no, getting adept for killer is definitely "how well you do it", it's all depends on how potato survivor is... it's definitely WORSE than survivor counterpart.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I remember back in the old days getting Adept Freddy (the old, old Freddy) when three survivors DC'd and the last one ran up to me and gave up. How I miss those days! It was so much easier.

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

imo they should either change adept killer to "just" a 4k or 3k with hatch OR change survivor to also be tied to a double pip

make it fairer

• Onyx
    Onyx Member Posts: 214

I don't know how I feel about just 4ks, it could be a bit much still. A 3k would be enough or even be based on hooks. I'd say that 8 hooks is a good number.

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

eh, there is so many games where i get a 4k just because people hook bomb and just die or suicide on hook or leave someone to die or somehow have combined 20 hours because matchmaking works

4k is easier to get, like WAAAYYYY easier to get than merciless. In merciless you ironically need to be merciful so you get the chases, get the hooks, get the game time, use your power etc.etc

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

4K would be no achievement, just random match. Yes, maybe survivor's adepts have to be more challenging (definetely not +2 pips, as it almost impossible even with full loadout), but I don't think killer's shoud be any easier.

I loved doing every single killer adepts, it was fun, it has a purpose and it taught me A LOT about proper killer gameplay.

Killer adepts require skill and gameplay, survivor's is pure luck (if you are not 5K hours pro streamer, of course). Some of my survivor's adepts took twice more attempts than most troublesome killer ones.

Anyway, if you struggle, there's always a cheap method: wait until 13th of the month.

P.S.

Opposite example: getting Rank 1 killer is pretty much equals "play the game as you want", but for survivor it's sweaty fearsome tryhard enduring battle, wearing you physically and morally.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

They don't have to be potato survivlrs but if they are good that makes it hard but agains't potatoes it's easy to get even in red rank/grade usually unless you end the match too soon. Gettimg survivor adept is usually easier if your team does well you get it but as killer you have to work for it all alone.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402
    edited July 2022

They should require survivors to complete 3 gens themselves, get chased for 90 seconds, never get hooked, and get a 4-man escape in order to adept their survivor.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Not just "hard", for plenty of low tier AND low perk tier killers it's pretty much powerless perkless merciless challenge, it's literally impossible unless survivors are catastrophically bad.

Game is not made to be played like that, really.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited July 2022

Agree, emblems are about longer games, not efficientcy.

Think, you are getting adept for STALLING the game, not winning.

Might as well make 3k and 8 hook minimal so it's kinda fair.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,367

No, certain killers actually have to play counter to their kit to get the adept. Like Bubba, Ghostface, and Myers. Stealth killers especially, if the survivor don't see you and you down them, you never entered a chase so you don't get the points for that.

Like I said, watch Tofu's video I posted above, he shows just how damn hard it is to get Leatherface's Adept even as a freakin' Fog Whisperer that had every killer at 4K and around 500+ of every addon since he's been playing since launch. He's literally letting survivors wiggle out, sluging them so they can get back up so he can chase them again, NOT using the chainsaw, etc... and he still doesn't get the Adept.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Yes, it may be harder for Bubba than some others, but it's achievement. Tofu is not lucky, every other streamer got it. Even I got it.

FYI:

There are less people have Freddy adepts (which is basic M1 killer), and about the same amount have nurse adept (!!!). Nurse is just the easiest killer for adept, and base killer too, and still.

Even Evil Incarnate has the same amount of people! And THAT IS a tricky achievement.

I have struggled the most with Nemesis (for some reason) and Billy.

Back to the topic: I don't think adept achievements should be easier. It's achievement. Go big or go home.

I couldn't get Rank 1 Survivor achievement (i mentioned above) for about 6 months, and when I finally get it, it was the most horrible and devastating experience in my life. Killer get Rank 1 at the snap of a fingers in two weeks regular play. Not fair too.

• HangryMogwai
    HangryMogwai Member Posts: 36

The thread was started prior to the last patch. Give it a go now. I’m a survivor main (having only really worked on the Pig, Clown and Tricker with the intent of doing the killer side after T3ing my survivors). With the complete overhaul of the prestige system and the pendulum swinging in favor of killers, it seems far easier to achieve the adept killer trophies now.

As an example, I got Michael Myers playing him for the first time ever on my 4th match. I’d gotten the Evil within on the 3rd match. I’d gotten it with Leather-face on my 2nd match (again, playing him for the first time ever). I was also intentionally trying not to tunnel, didn’t face camp or slug.

Note: I’d gotten both these killers to 50 prior, with the intent of only prestiging them once I’d used up their exp bonuses. Fortunately you don’t lose those now, so there isn’t much point in waiting to play them anymore.