Can we have at least one or two matches in a row without survivors ragequitting or DC'ing?

Salinero
Salinero Member Posts: 19

Dear fellow players, could you please stop killing yourself on first hook or disconnect if you don't want to play the game?

Save yourself and other players the frustration of another survivor giving up for no reason at all if you don't want to play anyway. If the current meta feels so bad to you why do you boot up the game just to ruin it for everyone else?

Comments

• BrowneChiari_
    BrowneChiari_ Member Posts: 38

dude, i have the same doubt, yesterday i played a game as James and one of the guys just threw himself at the assassin for no reason, and the assassin was not even a tryhard, he was a casual player, then I played as Pyramid Head and one of the guys just killed himself on the hook, while another guy made some T-Bags and when I knocked him to the ground he just disconnected, what's the fun of doing that in the match? this completely ruins the game in some cases because we already started with a limb missing or it just seems too easy when you're an assassin they say it's because of the buffs given to the killers in this update, but I can't believe it's just for such nonsense, so much so that lately I've won most of my games even with players like that, it just seems like a stupid whimper

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

If you're that concerned, consider playing another killer then with different perks. It's a great time to try other killers out. I'm mainly seeing disconnects with a handful of killers that people don't like playing against, especially when certain perks are triggered like Thana. I haven't seen a single disconnect against most killers.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,386

I know right?

It's so stupid. Not a single piece of respect to your lobby.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

How about the killers start playing the game and stop being a nuisance to anynone else by stacking all slowdowns?

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

Can we have at least one match without killers camping/tunneling at 5 gens?

• LordOfYggdrasil
    LordOfYggdrasil Member Posts: 13

always happens w nurse, almost always w legion, chainsaw boi a 50/50 on tm8s dc-ing. I've asked a bunch of these dcs why and it's generally just bc the killer. toxic survivors are the problem, not a .5% buff to thana or saving .2 seconds on actions. +10 to gens also ain't #########, just work your gens.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

I've played 5 solo matches today, no survivors have rage quit or DC'd. Killers were Trickster, Blight, Leatherface, Doctor and Nemesis. Trickster even managed to mori all 4 survivors with Devour Hope on Lery's.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Honestly, the only time I'll disco is if someone is tunneling me and no one else has even been attempted to be hit or chased.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I had survivors give up against Freddy. No idea if he is hated or not, but I was running a dead perk (Lightborn when there were no flashlights), with brutal/spirit fury/fire up. Nothing crazy at all and I do not feel I was doing particularly well. Just a normal game and they just stopped wanting to play. One of them killed themselves on hook (at second stage, not from the first) and the others were just ignoring me on gens. I hit one and they just stood there and got back on the gen. It was so weird.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272

I held off on playing until yesterday due to how miserable playing survivor sounded from people. I played 17 games as survivor and it actually wasn't bad. Not a single survivor DC'd or gave up on first hook in any of those games. Now i'm not trying to discount other people's experiences, but I was surprised how well my games went.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Can people stop pretending that tunneling/camping were only an issue now. I've played 30+ and only noticed two cases of hard tunneling/camping early in the match and one was a pig I looped so hard they dc'd at the end and some spirit who threw the game trying to get me. I don't know if there is some MMR hell where killers camp and tunnel every single game at 5 gens, but I've yet to experience it.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

Survivors aren't ragequitting or suiciding-on-hook. At least that's what I've been told. Are you sure you're not making this a bigger deal than it really is? Maybe they're Dcing/suiciding-on-hook the same amount they always do and you're just imagining it being a bigger problem than it really is because of all the forum posts.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited July 2022

Then why don't you play normally when you get a killer that isn't camping, tunnelling and running every slowdown perk?

I rarely run slowdown besides Thrilling and maybe Corrupt if I'm on Hag, and I run Make Your Choice so you know I'm not tunnelling or camping, but I still keep getting survivors DCing on me.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,996

Are you seriously blaming the killer for this? I've had survivors this patch insist on suiciding once I straight-up stopped playing and tried to pick them back up. When I wouldn't kill them, they DCed. People ragequitting for reasons indiscernible to man is nothing new.

Four times this week have I played a game where somebody ragequit at 4-5 gens and the other three survivors made it to 1 gen left or even escaped, because they didn't even wait to see if the killer was good or playing scummy before they threw in the towel. And no, none of those were Legions.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2022

No. I just notice that everyone dc's or dies asap whenever I see Legion.

I played Doctor the other night and all the survivors ran up to me and wanted to die immediately. So i tortured them for 30 minutes. 2 people dc'd and the other 2 did generators. 1 escaped and the last person dc'd 1 step away from escaping.

I haven't played since then. Playing killer is way too easy and playing survivor isn't much fun anymore. It seems like, in most games, people aren't actually playing. Complaining about it became boring. Customer service is a bad joke too. At this point I regret spending money on this game. I could've bought a real game with that money.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

@ThiccBudhha I like Freddy; he could use some love, but some people hate him. The dream pallets can be a little annoying since there's no way to distinguish them, and you have to memorize them, which isn't always possible. The Nightmare and Quentin need some cosmetic love too!

@Aurelle That's wishful thinking lol I haven't played a match where The Killer wasn't camping or tunneling someone with zero gens done! I had an absolute beauty of a game against The Plague with the four meta slowdown perks, including Thana, slugging with one gen completed, one dead, and everyone on death hook.

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268

The problem with survivors is there's no catchup mechanic. If a killer gets someone on 2 hooks a minute into the game, it's basically over.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,548
    edited July 2022

I had one DC tonight, just one. I was playing Blight (a killer I suck at, I'm training). The guy was the third one I found and it was his first down. He did is rage-quit right after his first hook. He basically "won" me the match.

Everybody else played normally and to the end. Including a poor team that the MMR sent to the slaughter against me as Nurse (Franklin-only build) in The Game. I didn't tunnel nor camp (duh) but they got blind-blink-hit and slugged many times (my way of giving them a chance to reset without looking so friendly they'll think I want to farm). Not a single DC : just four player trying to survive. They still managed to do two or three gens. True players these ones. They probably had less than 500 hours each.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

While I understand people suiciding/DCing against certain things (Twins, Legion, Nurse) or certain conditions (5 gens and 4 hooks already) I do believe you are right and if the game is not enjoyable anymore the better course of action is to not boot it, in the end you are wasting your gaming time by suiciding against everything.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

Can we have 1 match without 3/4 stacked slowdown perks?

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

Its honestly such a mystery to me why people are reverting to DCing in a game more than usual. Geuinely, its a real thinker.