Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC - Prestiging Demogorgon/Nancy/Steve Not Giving Perks to All Characters

Skybox
Skybox Member Posts: 11

Simply put, if you prestige Demogorgon/Steve/Nancy, you do not get their perks across all killers. This is likely because these perks were moved to the base game before the new prestige system was created and no thought was had about how the new system would interact with these perks. These perks not being shared with prestige is a massive oversight and is unfair to those people who prestige those characters.

10 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Not just actively prestiging, the higher tiers were also not granted through the catch-up mechanic for me. I only got first tier on my survivor, alhtough it should have been third tier.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

As you already said, that is most likely due to these Perks no longer being affiliated with those characters and having been made generic Perks instead.

When you check their character profile it also states they had no Teachable Perks anymore, so I fear that this is not a bug :/

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 378
    edited July 2022

I had Steve and Nancy at P1, so they shot up to P3. Their perks were unlocked, however all my Survivors only have Tier 1. ;-;

If this was the case, the perks wouldn't be there at all. If I newly prestiged a character before the update, they don't automatically unlock all the other 'neutral' perks, like Kindred, Hope, Spine Chill, etc.. However I did get Steve/Nancy's perks, albeit at Tier 1.

So it seems like they... Didn't do either? It seems like they gave us the perks for having them at P1 or higher, but... only at the lowest tier. Bwomp-bwomp-bwooooomp...

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Okay that's just weird then.

It's definitely not supposed to be like that and, given your claim that the Tier 1 Perks do get unlocked is true (I don't know, I haven't tested that), then that suggests that it is indeed the later two levels that are bugged and you should receive the Tier 2 and 3 Perks for the next levels.

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 378

Here's an example of the last page of Dwight's perks (last page with purple on it, at least); I prestiged him right before the update and didn't unlock any perks between then and now.

Steve and Nancy's perks are yellow, while the rest are (properly) purple. (The other three perks are on the next/last page, btw...) I'm really not sure what happened/is happening here...

• chibizodo
    chibizodo Member Posts: 162

The reason you have tier 1 of their perks is likely due to unlocking their teachables prior to their removal; the game is recognizing you had their teachables unlocked by giving you the tier 1 of that perk, this is just what I’ve gathered from looking at my killer perks all are tier 1 on teachables I have unlocked.

• Gress
    Gress Member Posts: 31

I can vouch for this as well, I have all teachables for Ash on all my survivors without prestiging him before the update.

Do you know if you prestiged them before Stranger Things was taken off the marketplace? Maybe that would be a potential reason? If you didn't unlock them as teachables before they became general perks that might explain why it's like that also.

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3089333/#Comment_3089333

It's simple. You have unlocked the teachable "Babysitter".

This has been addressed as described in the 6.1.0 Patch Notes and there is no problem.

So why is it that you have not been able to get the Tier III perk, even though you have upgraded Steve to P3?

It is because those perks were changed to General Perks in the 5.3.0 patch.

So why is the "Guardian" perk still listed as Steve's unique perk in the description?

That's because only people with Steve will see the previous icon and original description, with only the name of the perk changed.

General Perks (e.g. Spine Chill) are not automatically unlocked.

However, the "Guardian" perk, despite being a General Perk, can only be acquired in Tier I if the "Babysitter" teachable perk has been unlocked in the past.

I think this is an advantage.