The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The patch that was supposed to address tunneling and camping

Funny the patch that was supposed to address tunneling and camping actually did nothing to punish camping, which has officially been acknowledged as an issue in the game. Very funny :)

Comments

• legitxeris
    legitxeris Member Posts: 6

Actually, I think this patch made it harder to tunnel.

Unfortunately, it made the game easier to camp.

In the end, bad patch. Please fix

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,154

To be fair, they did "address" it by definition ("speak to, in a formal way", or "formally talk about a given subject"), they just never actually did anything about. And while I was hoping camping and tunneling to be more discourged, I dont think it made this patch horrible, this patch is just very mediocre, just a lot of good changes followed by a lot of bad changes that equal things out.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,698

They barely addressed tunneling (5 seconds BT has really not been that useful at all) and camping was made stronger. It's pathetic honestly.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

I don't know why people are so surprised. What was it, 2021 or 2020, the devs supported tunnelling/camping. They took no issue with a facecamping bubba and openly stated they had no plans to address this. What changed was with the introduction of SBMM, camping has become the most optimal way to play killer, by far. This more or less forced them and thus made a rush change and put very little thought. I mean if it takes you the best part of the decade to come up with 5 seconds of BT, maybe you are working on the wrong game.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,350

Camping doesn't need to be punished. It's avalid strategy. The only thing is it might be too effective and against some killers there's not a lot of room to actually go for the save. So there's a warrant to nerf the strategy so it's less effective overall, but no need to punish it.

• Tactrix
    Tactrix Member Posts: 420
    edited July 2022

It did address tunneling and camping, it made them worse. They said it would address it, they didn't say it would be for the better.

Here's the way I see it, this is a blessing in disguise, because before the patch the devs could pretend this wasn't a problem. But now with droves of people leaving, complaining, and the que times getting higher and higher, they'll have no choice but to address it appropriately or go out of business.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Not really. The killer will just count to 5 and if they are attentive they will notice your decreased moves speed and down you or follow you further until BT has run out and down you then. Even OTR has little effect when you get hit early. And DS... well what are 3s against Nurse or Blight?

And once the last Gen is completed, you are ######### if you don't have anything for the endgame.

I died so many times to campers and tunnelers it is insane.... Before I died because the killer was actually good, because I was stupid or because I was selfless.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

I'm fine with end game tunneling/camping since there is nothing else to do. But killers who camp and tunnel at 5 gens are just sad. I played about 15 survivor matches today. I had 4 killers who played normal, the rest decided to literally camp people without reason or unnecessarily tunneled. 6 or 7 of them just face camped in the end with Noed...

I died so many times because staring in my face seemed to be more interesting than chasing other Survivors..... And before you ask, no I wasn't toxic in any kind. I don't point, I don't click or tbag.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

The devs have said some time ago that they don’t like how camping is so rewarding and are working on a fix. They just don’t know how, so I guess it will take time to come up with it.

• Tactrix
    Tactrix Member Posts: 420

Oh for sure, they wouldn't dare start to talk now because they know the backlash would be so huge that they'd just add fuel to the fire.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,048

It made it harder to tunnel if you can't count to 5, or if you were Plague/Pyramid Head or maybe Oni camping a hook with the intent of double downing both the rescuer and unhooked player. Otherwise, tunneling is exactly the same, and the change is that it's easier in endgame. The basekit BT is negligible when it comes to the majority of tunnels and the survivor is still slower than the killer, so it's not like they're making distance.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

BHVR lying? Shocking lol.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2022

The 5 seconds isn't even enough to get up the basement stairs. And with Buffs to reduce swing time (and running perks that reduce it more), and the nerf of the distance a survivor gets after being hit, the 5 sec BT, is almost entirely useless.