The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

why the **** do I lose my offering when a killer decides to DC?

Why in the world is this still a thing? Seriously.

Comments

• Explain to me why this is fair or why this hasn't been fixed yet because there are certain offerings I have been saving for MONTHS to use with friends and I lose it because someone else, not even in my friend group does something the killer doesn't like and they decide to rage quit so I am punished for it? I'm fuming right now.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

I agree, it does need to be fixed because i do get cheesed off....

• Does anyone from the dev team actually respond to these because this isn't like a 'maybe this will help fix the game' suggestion, this is a seriously ######### situation that makes no sense. It's frustrating to have to keep backing out and inviting your friends back into your group- but it does not compare to losing rare items/offerings because a killer decides to DC. I would -really- appreciate an explanation as to why this wasn't the first thing that's been fixed with this game. I've been playing a while and there have been so many patches and updates and this issue STILL exists????

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@wouldntyouliketoknow said:

WHY THE **** DO I LOSE MY OFFERING AND ADDON WHEN SURVIVORS DECIDE TO DC?

• I'm 100% done with this happening. Can someone tell me the best way to get heard on this issue? Because it has GOT TO GO.

• wouldntyouliketoknow
    wouldntyouliketoknow Member Posts: 59
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

I appreciate your response, all the responses this post can get will hopefully get the attention it needs.

I mean, when a survivor DC's there's still 3 other people in the game hopefully, and the survivors have less of a chance at surviving, but at least the game keeps going- if the killer DC's the whole game ends.

But to be honest.... If a survivor DC's and that meant the Killer was able to keep his offerings/addons then that'd probably help at least a smidgen with DC's. And that's totally fine by me.

• Master

I'm 100% done with this happening. Can someone tell me the best way to get heard on this issue? Because it has GOT TO GO.

The biggest hope we have is that DCing will finally be punished when dedicated servers arrive

• Master

@Master said:

I appreciate your response, all the responses this post can get will hopefully get the attention it needs.

I mean, when a survivor DC's there's still 3 other people in the game hopefully, and the survivors have less of a chance at surviving, but at least the game keeps going- if the killer DC's the whole game ends.

But to be honest.... If a survivor DC's and that meant the Killer was able to keep his offerings/addons then that'd probably help at least a smidgen with DC's. And that's totally fine by me.

SWF DC in groups, you can be luckily if they suicide onthe hook such that you can get a BBQ stack at least.
    Btw, a killer gets 2,5k BP for compensation for ALL 4 DCs in total while he loses ALL his stuff. As survivor EACH one gets 5k AND keeps his items

• @Master said:

@Master said:

SWF DC in groups, you can be luckily if they suicide onthe hook such that you can get a BBQ stack at least.
    Btw, a killer gets 2,5k BP for compensation for ALL 4 DCs in total while he loses ALL his stuff. As survivor EACH one gets 5k AND keeps his items

25k BP??

Also I know there's some balancing issues- but again, I have nothing against the killer getting to keep his items and offering if there's DCers. That's a ######### reason to lose all your stuff when you didn't necessarily do anything wrong.

• @Master said:

I'm 100% done with this happening. Can someone tell me the best way to get heard on this issue? Because it has GOT TO GO.

The biggest hope we have is that DCing will finally be punished when dedicated servers arrive

Even if DCing gets punished everyone else get's punished too- and no amount of bloodpoints can fix that. I want to play the game, I want to use my abilities, I want to have fun not just earn points. Don't get me wrong, I think DCing should be punished but as it is, I think not punishing everyone else is even more important, so if someone drops the game, you don't have to get mad, you can just move on because all they did was hurt themselves.

• Master

@Master said:

@Master said:

25k BP??

Also I know there's some balancing issues- but again, I have nothing against the killer getting to keep his items and offering if there's DCers. That's a ######### reason to lose all your stuff when you didn't necessarily do anything wrong.

2,5k BP = 2500 BP

• Master

@Master said:

Even if DCing gets punished everyone else get's punished too- and no amount of bloodpoints can fix that. I want to play the game, I want to use my abilities, I want to have fun not just earn points. Don't get me wrong, I think DCing should be punished but as it is, I think not punishing everyone else is even more important, so if someone drops the game, you don't have to get mad, you can just move on because all they did was hurt themselves.

Yes, but you cant just hand away free stuff for the ones being stuck in the game, especially not since SWF is a thing. DCing must be prevented in the first case and thats how EVERY other game handles it too

• @Master said:

Yes, but you cant just hand away free stuff for the ones being stuck in the game, especially not since SWF is a thing. DCing must be prevented in the first case and thats how EVERY other game handles it too

I'm not asking for free stuff, I'm asking to keep my stuff. And if A survivor DCs I don't think it's so farfetch to think the killer should get to keep his stuff either.

• Master

@Master said:

I'm not asking for free stuff, I'm asking to keep my stuff. And if A survivor DCs I don't think it's so farfetch to think the killer should get to keep his stuff either.

Yes, but that means that a 4 man SWF can easily dodge a killer and only one guy loses his stuff. If SWF werent a thing, then we could talk about that, but unfortunately SWF can easily exploit this

• It's that whole motivation thing. If people that already survived, SWFs or not, get to keep their stuff, don't you think that would be even more motivation for a killer to not DC out of rage? I'm not seeing how else that could be exploited. And TBH if you've already survived I'm not sure why a DC'd killer would effect you.

If you'd like to give an example how that's exploitable and unfair I'd appreciate it.

• @Master said:

@Master said:

Yes, but that means that a 4 man SWF can easily dodge a killer and only one guy loses his stuff. If SWF werent a thing, then we could talk about that, but unfortunately SWF can easily exploit this

It's that whole motivation thing. If people that already survived, SWFs or not, get to keep their stuff, don't you think that would be even more motivation for a killer to not DC out of rage? I'm not seeing how else that could be exploited. And TBH if you've already survived I'm not sure why a DC'd killer would effect you.

If you'd like to give an example how that's exploitable and unfair I'd appreciate it.
    (sorry for double post, didn't quote you)

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

Even when you use something as harmless as "Greatly Thicken Dark Mist" - Killer disconnects, lose purple mist darkener -.-

If killer disconnects you should retain your offerings. Simple as that.

• Master

@Master said:

@Master said:

It's that whole motivation thing. If people that already survived, SWFs or not, get to keep their stuff, don't you think that would be even more motivation for a killer to not DC out of rage? I'm not seeing how else that could be exploited. And TBH if you've already survived I'm not sure why a DC'd killer would effect you.

Not sure if I am understand you correctly. Are you suggesting that survivors should keep their offerings when they escape? So the killer keeps offerings/addos then too or what?

If you already survived, the game is over for you and a killer DC doesnt affect you at all

• @Master said:

@Master said:

It's that whole motivation thing. If people that already survived, SWFs or not, get to keep their stuff, don't you think that would be even more motivation for a killer to not DC out of rage? I'm not seeing how else that could be exploited.

******And TBH if you've already survived I'm not sure why a DC'd killer would effect you.******

***** If you'd like to give an example how that's exploitable and unfair I'd appreciate it.*****

Not sure if I am understand you correctly. Are you suggesting that survivors should keep their offerings when they escape? So the killer keeps offerings/addos then too or what?

If you already survived, the game is over for you and a killer DC doesnt affect you at all

No. I'm saying I don't see how else SWF could exploit getting to keep their offerings due to a disconnect. How could it be exploited by a SWF group?

• @e8Lattice said:
    Even when you use something as harmless as "Greatly Thicken Dark Mist" - Killer disconnects, lose purple mist darkener -.-

100000% agree with you, and if a survivor disconnects I wouldn't mind if a killer gets to keep his offering as well... only if survivors get to keep theirs if a killer DC's.

Sick of this bunk.

• Master

@Master said:

@Master said:

It's that whole motivation thing. If people that already survived, SWFs or not, get to keep their stuff, don't you think that would be even more motivation for a killer to not DC out of rage? I'm not seeing how else that could be exploited.

******And TBH if you've already survived I'm not sure why a DC'd killer would effect you.******

***** If you'd like to give an example how that's exploitable and unfair I'd appreciate it.*****

No. I'm saying I don't see how else SWF could exploit getting to keep their offerings due to a disconnect. How could it be exploited by a SWF group?

you said:

This means that if any player DCs in the game, all others keep their stuff, but this also means that only one player of the SWF has to take the penalty since the other ones wouldnt be punished if a DC happened.

• Master

@e8Lattice said:

100000% agree with you, and if a survivor disconnects I wouldn't mind if a killer gets to keep his offering as well... only if survivors get to keep theirs if a killer DC's.

Sick of this bunk.

You forget that if the killer DCs, the survivor keeps his items and only loses his offerings.
    However the killer will not only lose the offering, he will also lose his addons

• wouldntyouliketoknow
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Master said:

you said:

This means that if any player DCs in the game, all others keep their stuff, but this also means that only one player of the SWF has to take the penalty since the other ones wouldnt be punished if a DC happened.

If a killer DC's the game is over. You're right, the only reason why someone should be able to keep their stuff is if it's the killer DCing because even if there's only one person who didn't DC the game can continue. No survivor should get to keep their items/offerings because another survivor DC'd.

I don't want to neccarily punish the DC'ers. I want to have a good time, I get mad because I lost my offering that was hella good because of a killer DCer. If a survivor DC's I still get to play, even if it's more difficult.

• dot
    dot Member Posts: 4

You can do what ever you want in the feedback forum but none of the dbd devs are responding anyway.. they dont care about the community.

• Master

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Master said:

you said:

If a killer DC's the game is over. You're right, the only reason why someone should be able to keep their stuff is if it's the killer DCing because even if there's only one person who didn't DC the game can continue. No survivor should get to keep their items/offerings because another survivor DC'd.

I don't want to neccarily punish the DC'ers. I want to have a good time, I get mad because I lost my offering that was hella good because of a killer DCer. If a survivor DC's I still get to play, even if it's more difficult.

So to sum it up, your suggestion is if the killer DCs => survivor (all of the alive ones) get back their offering
    A survivor DCs => killer gets his addons and offerings back but survivor dont get anything

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

So I equip my Dull Key and put White Ward up, start the match and BAM! killer disconnects wasting my White Ward.

Talk about a sore loser, the mentality of "If I cant have fun no one can" has no place in this game.

If losing your offerings when a Killer disconnects is a thing why is this not a banable offense?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I saw somewhere else someone suggest people being kicked back to lobby if there's any DC at the start. I agree that it stinks when you lose your offerings to a DC. I think killers should keep their stuff, too, if there's a DC as their things aren't being used as intended. If they don't just kick you back to lobby.

• wouldntyouliketoknow
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Master said:

you said:

So to sum it up, your suggestion is if the killer DCs => survivor (all of the alive ones) get back their offering
    A survivor DCs => killer gets his addons and offerings back but survivor dont get anything

Yes. If there were any balance issues with this, I'd honestly remove 1 generator necessary to power up the exit gate (depending on when a survivor DC's) but to keep it sweet and simple- I'd rather just focus on getting to keep my offerings, and I think it's fair if a killer gets to keep their items/offerings as well (depending on who DC'd). Ignore my suggestion about the generators. I don't think it's -that- unfair, and even if it can screw over the other survivors (hence the genny idea) That's just a what-if scenario, it's not why I'm here.

• @e8Lattice said:
    So I equip my Dull Key and put White Ward up, start the match and BAM! killer disconnects wasting my White Ward.

Talk about a sore loser, the mentality of "If I cant have fun no one can" has no place in this game.

If losing your offerings when a Killer disconnects is a thing why is this not a banable offense?

I'm sure that's a lot of people who would get banned and a lot of money lost. The more people who can play the more they'll buy and the more friends they can get to play as well. TBH I think this is a developer issue. If they want to punish DCers, fine. But what I want is to not be affected by it. If they want us to keep calm and move on, then don't take away my stuff because someone else decided to do something #########.

• @fluffybunny said:
    I saw somewhere else someone suggest people being kicked back to lobby if there's any DC at the start. I agree that it stinks when you lose your offerings to a DC. I think killers should keep their stuff, too, if there's a DC as their things aren't being used as intended. If they don't just kick you back to lobby.

The more I think about it the more problems I'm running into though. Because my idea about the killer getting to keep their stuff if a survivor DC's wouldn't work if everyone had to leave a game. If everyone had to leave a game, wouldn't it be fair if survivors got to keep their stuff as well? Would it only be survivors who aren't in the same SWFs group? Who would get to keep their bloodpoints?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@fluffybunny said:

The more I think about it the more problems I'm running into though. Because my idea about the killer getting to keep their stuff if a survivor DC's wouldn't work if everyone had to leave a game. If everyone had to leave a game, wouldn't it be fair if survivors got to keep their stuff as well? Would it only be survivors who aren't in the same SWFs group? Who would get to keep their bloodpoints?

If everyone DCed (no one could connect at the start), everyone would keep their things. I honestly don't know why survivors keep their items when they DC. Is it in case the DC was because of the game or the server they're connected to? Anyway, survivors would keep their items and offerings if the killer DCs and killers keeps it if anyone DCs since the killer may not be able to use his add-ons or offerings to the full potential of their ability and it'd be less of a punishment (to the killer) if a survivor were to DC when seeing strong offerings or add-ons. It could be anywhere from two to four of them as I think it still can be used as intended with three people, but it could also include any DC. Therefore if everyone DCed, everyone keeps their things.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

@Master said:

@e8Lattice said:

Sick of this bunk.

You forget that if the killer DCs, the survivor keeps his items and only loses his offerings.
    However the killer will not only lose the offering, he will also lose his addons

Truth! Survivors think losing an offering on a killer DC is bad. If all 4 survivors decided to DC the killer basically loses (wasted) the offing and add-ons.

• any devs care to comment on the subject?

• Just got out of a game that I didn't give any offerings but another guy used a birthday cake before killer DC'd. Not saying it was intentional but that guy still lost cake. Just updating since I still think "WHY THE **** DO I LOSE MY OFFERINGS STILL?" is a valid question that has yet to be answered.

• Master

@TrAiNwReCk said:

@Master said:

@e8Lattice said:

Sick of this bunk.

Truth! Survivors think losing an offering on a killer DC is bad. If all 4 survivors decided to DC the killer basically loses (wasted) the offing and add-ons.

And the survivors get 5k each, the killer only 2,5k

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106

@Master said:

Every DC have a reason.

• wouldntyouliketoknow
    edited February 2019

@Ebisek said:

@Master said:

Every DC have a reason.

Whatever the reason, I just don't want to lose my stuff when someone DC's. Let me feel like nothing happened at all. ):

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Ebisek said:

@Master said:

Every DC have a reason.

But 90% of dc's are because of salt.
  • Master

@Ebisek said:

@Master said:

Every DC have a reason.

Every murder has a reason, still its punished