I think wesker will get nerf because devs are survivor sided

2»

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I am still trying to figure out if you are just being sarcastic or not. I kind of hope you are. There is no way one could still call BHVR survivor sided after all the buffs killrs received now.

I am also quite positive they won't really buff or nerf him. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive, from what I could see. He'll probably just get more refinement, like his collision and maybe hit box being decrease a little. And of course his bugs fixed.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Dude just because solo queue suffered in the last patch doesn't mean they ignored it. Pretty sure they overrated the 5 second endurance and haste effect for example. That doesn't mean they don't care for them.

If anything, it's more about BHVR still not always knowing what to do when it comes to needed balance changes. Really not sure if you are helping your case here.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

That Artist nerf was justified. All they did was nerf her camping and took away a play style that overshadowed Trapper and Hag. She’s more than fine now.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,226
    edited August 2022

What @ThatOneDemoPlayer is stating is that none of these changes improve/change position of the killer. They're meaningless changes that do nothing

• Decreased max visible range while demanifested to 24m (was 32m) -> Does nothing due to Lullaby
    • Decreased Terror Radius to 24m (was 32m) -> Does not help with stealth, Lullaby
    • Decreased the amount of Condemned removed when inserting a tape to 3 segments (was 4 segments) -> Does not help with building up.
    • Decreased time taken to passively gain a condemned segment while holding a tape to 25 seconds (was 30 seconds) -> No one pick up tapes
    • Add-on: Yoichi’s Fishing Net: Decreases time taken to passively gain a condemned segment while holding a tape by 12% (was 20%) ->Unnecessary weak add-on change.

• What does make an impact are killer negative changes such as:
    • Pinhead:
    • Iridescent Lament Configuration: Increased range to 24 meters (was 16 meters)
    • Engineer's Fang: When hitting an injured Survivor with a possessed chain, only 1 additional chain will spawn
    • Larry's Remains: Decreased solving time modifier to 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
    • Liquified Gore: Decreased solving time modifier to 1 second (was 2 seconds)
    • Deathslinger:
    • Increased terror radius to 32 meters (was 24 meters)
    • The Deathslinger must now wait for the Enter Aim animation to complete before being able to fire (0.4 seconds)
    • The Deathslinger must now wait for the Exit Aim animation to complete before being able to attack (0.6 seconds)
    • Spirit:
    • While phase walking Survivors within 24 meters of The Spirit (not the husk) hear a directional audio cue that gains volume with proximity
    • Revisited add-ons

there is difference between high impact changes that weaken their best add-on & defining strength in base-kit vs meaningless changes for Sadako that still cement her as m1 killer with low impact ability.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

"DEVs are survivor-sided" - for the last 6 years the killrates were between 55%-75%. SoloQ is nerfed into oblivion.

Good joke 10/10

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

Dang, I am as killer main as it gets, but I couldn't walk by without up voting.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

It’s more that the devs don’t understand the game than that they are survivor sided. That’s the only way to explain how Sadako is considered to be in an acceptable state, or how it took years to nerf dead hard, a perk that every good player knew was busted

• Rick3543
    Rick3543 Member Posts: 41

They keep designing absolute stinkers of maps and take zero input from the playerbase. Wesker is a very fun killer but I don't think he will get the changes he needs to make everyone happy.

Just wish they got someone else on map design, as it's just so bad right now.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630

Now wesker already bad.

I just hope devs will not nerf him.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

I think so too.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

They're saying he's overtuned, they're saying he has "oppressive" builds, and they're asking the questions. I smell a nerf coming.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
  • legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Then finally nerf the nurse if it’s for the health of the game!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
  • Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

He will be NERFED about a month after release. They gotta sale him first

• Chaellooo
    Chaellooo Member Posts: 106
    edited August 2022

That was the ptb man, his clunky power will be fixed before his release. You shouldn't use your power on small loops as catching up to the survivor will take forever, use it only on the big loops. His vault doesn't really need to be changed, if you want, you can always use Superior Anatomy or Bamboozle. I'm sure he will be a A tier killer upon his release. Unless they nerf him for absolutely no reason. ;(

I really hope they don't, why new killers always get nerfed upon release? Meanwhile Nurse is at the top for 6 years and the devs do nothing about her.

That's probably low MMR players. I've seen Wesker against really smart survivors on the PTB, and the killer had a very hard time catching up. If anything they should buff him.

• Jaguar1012
    Jaguar1012 Member Posts: 10

Glad to have the perk against camping killers…it is not bhvr created this perk. Campers created this so shame on you bubba

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If he proves to be a strong killer like Nurse and Blight then 100% there will be constant calls to nerf him.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

If Wesker got nerfs before release when I've seen and heard he's buggy and apparently missing some interactions with survivors. Then I'll slander the devs all day long.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

It's crazy to me how what I mentioned was specifically about killers usually being buffed on release and every single person is just "what about this nerf to death slinger 2 years after his release" lmao ???

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Just make him op on release and then nerf him a month later

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439
    edited August 2022

From what I do recall, every single killer got nerfed around two weeks - six weeks upon their releases. This has been a trend ever since the Shattered Bloodline Chapter got live. The Chapter got live on 18th September 2018, Rin got her treatment around two weeks afterwards.

The issue here is, average players and newbies do complain (the overwhelming portion of the playerbase, the Solo Queue players) and threaten of leaving the game for good, unless they do X and Y to certain stuff. The Developers are having two options, while one is a guarantee that the playerbase won't decrease.. I mean, why'd you take the risk, if you know how much money is your game making right now? That's pretty much like shooting yourself in a foot.

I think, Wesker will receive major nerfs regarding his oppression and tools regarding the gained distance and cooldown. I think, his power cooldown will get furthermore increased, the speed at which he dashes at the survivor with his power gets decreased, etcetera. In short, making it unreliable, as.. It kinda sucks in short distances, just like it sucks to throw and waste a hatchet when you can easily M1 a survivor with Anna. The stuff Wesker is good at will get nerfed and he'll become your average killer; At that point, you'll be better off by picking up a killer, who excells at certain stuff, but is bad elsewhere - Sally's bad at tracking survivors, but excells at quickly finishing chases, for example.

As has been pointed out, however, it'll take around a month or two until he gets nerfed. If he gets nerfed right-away upon or before he gets released, the nerfs will be so minor that nobody will complain about them; The major nerf will, however, still be on the way..

This is just a mere theory, of course, but the past clearly supports that he'll get nerfed, just like every single killer got a while after getting released. It's a never-ending cycle, or it seems to be that way for years.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Lol dbd has always been a survivor sided game for the simple reason that majority of the player base are survivors, therefore you can make more money out of favouring the majority of your customers. Simple business decision. Who are you kidding?

• Cameragosha
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Probably? Surprised they are releasing a viable killer. It is really out of character for them. No way he does not get nerfed. And based on their response here, we can easily discern a nerf will indeed be happening. Mystery solved.

• RedPlll
    RedPlll Member Posts: 36

Tell that to wraith, nerfed him into the ground bc survivor mains where crying

• Cameragosha

Please don't nerf wesker.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
  • Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    • Sadako, Trickster, Blight and Dredge got buffed from PTB because some of them were underwhelming.
    • Artist got nerfed from the PTB because there was literally nothing you could do against her.

So why would Wesker get nerfed? He's not incredibly strong.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Because they have a recent history of nerfing mid tier killers simply because average skill survivors didn't like playing against them.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,613

Do you have any examples of that? The only one I can think of even slightly recently is Wraith, and calling that a nerf because survivors "didn't like" playing against him is an extreme stretch.

What other killers have they nerfed for this reason?

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

The last 4 killers have been Artist, Pinhead, Sadako, and Dredge. Pinhead and Dredge are pretty solid B tier and Artist is one of the best killers in the game. Sadako needs work but stealth killers always have this problem.

Before that, there was Blight, Twins, Trickster, and Nemesis. Blight is one of the best killers in the game (second only to Nurse). Twins is either A tier or high B tier. Trickster is a bit on the weaker side but still decent. Nemesis is solid B tier too.

In what world have they not been releasing viable killers? A far majority of the killers they've released in the last 2 years have been incredibly strong.

Maybe you and I have different definitions of the word viable? My definition of viable is, "Can play and reasonably get kills while having fun with the killer-specific mechanics." Is yours just, "The survivors have a literal 0% chance of surviving against this killer after I've practiced with the power for 2 games."

The main times that there have been buffs or nerfs in the PTB are most commonly for unintended mechanics.

• Pinhead: They wanted people to grab the cube and solve it as the survivor counterplay. They did not like that one person could grab the cube and then hide on the other side of the map doing a generator and cause the cube to basically not exist. So they modified it so the cube would harass the person holding it. Doing this even created an unintended problem where now it's sometimes difficult for the cube holder to solve the box because the original design didn't have that. But notice that this change wasn't to "buff Pinhead". It was specifically to incentivize survivors to do the intended mechanic of solving the box.
    • Artist: Increased the range where birds could not be next to the hook and made it so running into stationary birds didn't damage. It was not intended for the birds to be so effective at camping (which they still are) and the Artist on PTB could basically just drop two birds at any loop and shut it down by just running around. While most of this mechanic is still there, at least the Artist has to choose to fire the birds at some point to get the hit rather than have it passively. Was a nerf, but was mostly because the birds were intended to have counterplay and interaction that didn't meaningfully exist on the PTB.
    • Sadako: Buffs because she was weak. Probably the exception to what I mentioned.
    • Dredge: Mostly not changed. He had bugs in the PTB which were fixed for live, but he was mostly the same. Had a minor neutral change in a bugfix patch that lowered the range you could see him and increased the range you could see your teammates. Probably because not being able to see your teammates at all was an unintended mechanic that they found after it was live.
    • Twins: Holding Victor hostage to prevent Twins from having a power was unintended. Added a way to recall Victor. Similar to Pinhead.
    • Nemesis: I don't remember there being any meaningful changes between PTB and live? He got a minor buff later on to make tier 3 more impactful and a later nerf to Marvin's Blood. They possibly didn't like that you could get to tier 2 from just one chase and didn't like that it was his most used addon.