Lovely killer double standards

Options

Killers complaining about pallets being too close to each other but GOD FORBID Survivors mention that the hooks are side by side and conveniently placed xD That’s the game, you need to play it. With boil over nerfed it’s easy to down a survivor and take them to the hook.

Want the survivors to jump on hooks themselves next time?

Comments

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2022
    Options

those things can't be compared since the hooks just reward you for a chase ended well (good play) while pallets near each other just promote the instadrop and w+shift to the next one (not even a try to loop, just mindlessly throw pallets). Aside this, i wouldn't have troubles if hooks are more distant, but then you shouldn't complain about a killer that start slugging...

also this

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

US... NO THEM... US YAY... THEM BOO.

I realise humans are still primitive tribal apes with better phones, but can we really get past the us vs them in this game.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    Options

I'm not sure who are you talking to...

You know people play the game. and people might complain, because they are people. Both survivors and killers complain about this and that. Of course more often survivors do, since there is a larger Survivor main population in DbD than a killer main population. so Survivor complains are more often present.

same way people can ask you, if you want the exit gates from the start of the game next time? See how ridiculous your argument is?

Not everyone is complaining, but it's not like different kind of people play survivor or killer. If you look around the forums you see survivor complains more frequent than killer complains. Simply because there are more people playing survivors, but that means nothing.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Big difference between time wasting chase extending safety and objective points that require survivors to be downed before use.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,106
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sorry but until we evolve past the "my potential imaginary friend is better than yours and I am willing to kill you for it" mindset, i would say we haven't managed to evolve past the state of pests. (Same btw with national territorialism and culture hate, we are all the same apes)

Way more efficient than other animals, but still not much more than pests.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,103
    Options

I want you to spawn on the hook please.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,729
    Options

These two things are not comparable.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

yeah I know it.

Its interesting to see it in this form though, over something as meaningless as a online game.

Especially when engaging in it often means leaving half a product you bought unused because of a diehard affiliation with one side.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,440
    Options

One thing is intended by the devs.

One thing is a bug.

Come now.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

oh no killers get rewarded for doing well.... HOW CAN SURVIVORS HANDLE THIS??!?!?!?!??!?!????

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,400
    edited August 2022
    Options

Not that i fully agree with Op. But theres basement nearby as well. So hook right there to my right not even 10 meters away. And basement. There are some maps like the game or Midwhich that are horrid on hook spawns like you stated.

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 615
    edited August 2022
    Options

This has to be satire right? It's painfully obvious you don't play killer, too close pallet spawns will screw over the majority of the killer roster. Go play Gideon on any m1 killer and you'll see what I mean. Hook spawns and pallet placement aren't remotely comparable. Whatever you're on kindly come off it.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Sigh.

Okay:

1. Complaining about complaining is worse than the original complaining.
    2. You're strawmanning, deliberately.
    3. Whataboutism.
    4. Pallets and hooks are totally different.
    5. Two god pallets together is indefensible. It's a blatant balance oversight that needs to be looked at before this goes live.
    6. A decent SWF will be nearly invulnerable against about half the roster here if they play it right - and remember what happened last time the kill rates weren't high enough?

I get it. There's sour grapes here about how killers got buffed. You don't fix this by making imbalanced, poorly designed loops. You fix this by giving solo survivors a bit of love somewhere.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,010
    Options
    • Comparing hooks to pallets is like comparing apples to bananas. Hooks are required for the killer to progress their objective, they are like generators in a sense. Survivors need to complete generators. Killers need to hook survivors to kill them.
    • Ive seen a lot of people complaining about insanely close hook spawns, even killers, it's a bug with map generation, and is going to be fixed eventually (I think a majority of this has been solved but there are exceptions).
    • Maybe instead of creating a "us VS them", you should instead focus on playing the game, enjoying yourself, because your mind is clearly way too high in the clouds to care about actual productive thinking.
  • OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67
    Options

Killers play survivor. Survivors play killer. Everyone is playing DbD. People are also individuals with their own thoughts and feelings. Killers and survivors are not two separate hive minds even though it may seem like that on the youtubes.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

I don't see it as a problem that sometimes there are hooks that spawn close together. Wiggling off of the killer's shoulders isn't meant to be something that is at all common to happen. It's only there to keep the killer from taking you to the basement every single time. Large difference between something that isn't supposed to be common at all and the main resource that survivors have to defend themselves from the killer

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Killer bad

Survivor bad

Thanks in advance for ththe upvotes

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Hooks and pallets are in no way equivalent. One can be used at will and the other is conditional on a down. What a bizzare complaint.