Fun fact: You can win in solo queue

Options

... If you stop giving up on hook, I haven't gotten a single game in the past matches where my teammates have stuck through the entire game without giving up on hook, there needs to be some consequence for it. Despite what many people think, a lot of players are actually improving right now and learning to do gens, the problem is that perhaps 25-30% of survivors think they are entitled to their perfect game and give up at the drop of a hat when they think the game may be remotely difficult.

Comments

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

Give me your lobbies please, almost every match for me is a hook suicide.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options
  • NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

I am basically the worse nurse at my MMR (I’m using the location addon to try a and do some challenges). Just frighten hilarious when I blink near them (no hits mind you) and they d/c. . .. . .

The really sad thing is that survivors don’t even have to be that good to get at least a couple out every game.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Prove it

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Define "win"

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460
    Options

I can't name a single killer main streamer 4'king every match that isn't a boomer. Compare it to prominent, competent Fortnite streamers. They're prominent and competent because they're teens and have the reflexes necessary to succeed at the game. Solo queue is at a serious disadvantage at DBD. Killer is not.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I had a Cheryl last night trying to kill themselves on hook. They got rescued and then stomped me. Turns out third seal legion is imminently beatable. Who would have thought?

• Alcuin
    Options

Why is it that Legion running Third Seal, Fearmonger, Knockout, etc. is more common since the update? Legion gets Killer Instinct -- ie. wall hacks--, but why is it that they're running builds that prevent aura reading for survivors while allowing themselves to have information concerning location of all survivors?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,252
    Options

Otz is not middle aged for example but your right that killer usually does not need fast reflexes but survivor does need. Most survivor streamers are in their 20s. But I do think nurse need good reflexes as supalf sounds young too.

• Alcuin
    Options

Compare the win streaks of killer main streamers to those of survivor main streamers. DBD is killer-sider when not facing a sweaty, 4-man SWF.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

My experiences are much like yours. And I think other people here, in this thread specifically, have witnessed the same. It’s easier to blame DCing and failed hook escapes because it peddles propaganda.

• scenicpickle
    scenicpickle Member Posts: 265
    Options

careful you don't want piss off 90% of survivors mains in this forum especially about the giving up when its remotely difficult part, might hit too close to home.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

And since survivor queues are usually instant - they go looking for that fun someplace else if you aren't giving it.

• Taxman232
    Taxman232 Member Posts: 139
    Options

*DCs*

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

I just had someone kill them self on hook last night because I hit a nice huntress hatch 30 seconds in.

On a positive note the 3 left were awesome and I ended up letting them do gens and leave but they didn't want to they stayed and gave me the kills.

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268
    Options

You can win? Really? It's not a 0 percent chance of winning? Golly thanks I bet nobody knew that!

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

You can and you can also still have a heck of a lot of fun even if you don’t win.

But some people need the obvious spelt out to them because they are so hell bent on spoiling their own fun.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

I went from playing pretty much only killer, to playing quite a lot of solo queue this patch. Pretty only due to queue times, but I do enjoy playing survivor.

All I gotta say is two things:

1: Curb your expectations. You are NOT escaping every game this patch because your teammates are no longer getting carried by Dead Hard. You can no longer run a meme build and expect to escape anyway.

2: Use information perks. The reason solo players make such awful decisions is because they lack info.

Perks like Blast Mine, Better Together, and the upcoming Wiretap tells your teammates two things: where a gen is, and that someone is working on it. Repressed Alliance also tells survivors where a gen is.

Aftercare, Blood Pact, and Empathic Connection tell survivors where you are and what you are doing (and so does Wake Up! and Kindred). This means no more "random accidentally led the killer to you for the umpteenth time" situations.

The special part of having your aura revealed also means you can communicate long distance with pointing and waving, and shaking your head no. You can point at a survivor, and then point at the hook to signal that they need to unhook. Do a couple times and they'll get the hint. You can also point at a survivor on gen and shake your head "no." Many players will realize this means that they need to save that particular gen for later, since completing it will three gen your team.

You have every tool available to you to solve your problems in solo queue. It's up to you if you whether you decide that means you need to be a team player and help your team win, or be yet another one of literally hundreds of thousands of "le epic edgy lone wolfs" that just throws on four strong and selfish perks that don't help your team with making better decisions in any way. Running Adrenaline and Off the Record is not going to help your teammates get gens done.

The survivors are a TEAM, even if they are four solo queue players. You need to play like you're on a team if you want to win, you can't 1v1 the killer anymore.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Wezil Survivors made the same comments when Boons came out when things were still highly in the Survivors favor. Now it's no different I still have fun in SoloQ when my team doesn't sabotage the match by DCing dying on hook etc. Winning isn't everything

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302
    edited August 2022
    Options

You need to keep in mind that a solid third of the killer roster is not fun to play against, win or lose. It's no surprise people disconnect or die on first hook.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

I had a Jill give up on first hook tonight because we got Legion on RPD. We still managed to get four gens done between the three of us. If she had not given up that could easily have been a three or four man escape.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

And I can win the lottery. Will I pull good teammates this game? Who knows!

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,175
    edited August 2022
    Options

SoloQ is rough but i think its skill and entitlement issue as well.

I escape matches when people work together and do gens. I die in matches where people give up on first hook or DC on first down. Or i get a survivor thats self caring in a corner for ages or hides half of the matches.

If i get survivors that knows the basics of the game we usually escape or 2 at least escapes. (you know you're not supposed to win every single match)

If we have a good killer then kudos to the killer. He or She deserved the kills playing well!

I get alot of good survivors now. People have adapted to not having endgame crutch perks anymore and dead hard is becoming strong again people are learning to use it. Biggest issue for me is the Dcs and hiding.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    edited August 2022
    Options

Im main killer that enjoys solo (yeah i like to suffer) and I can confirm that most blame is of surv not doing their stuff ( i mean gens im not even saying they do totems) and tunneling mainly cuz ur team doesnt help u tank a hit.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I havent seen rage quit or suicide in a while, are you sure this is not just a hyperbole?

Like everything on these forums

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

I've seen 3 this month its usually around the mid-low mmr range especially if the hook suicider/rage and most of the time I encounter them they are playing Mikaela

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Options

One of the things I do not enjoy of threads like this is the whataboutism that they end up turning into. Even now I see Killer mains making arguments about Dead Hard when this stopped being about Dead Hard since release.

My major issues are two things...

• I'd not mind losing if I still had fun in the matches.
    • I'd not mind losing if I was, at the very least, able to finish challenges.

Even with all the Killer changes whose main intention was to promote a healthier game balance. Killer still camp and still tunnel and it's become even more prevalent. My MMR is nowhere near the higher levels, I always died more than I survived. Yet, I have Killers that facecamp and tunnel at 4-5 generators multiple times in a row before I finally have a normal match where people actually get to play.

I'd play more Killer if by the time I am able to get on, my queues weren't 15+ minutes. I've struggled so much with the Suffer or Slaughter challenge because, as Survivor, it requires me to escape and only go down once and it's awful in the game's current state.

• Kolitra
    Kolitra Member Posts: 61
    Options

I was wondering too, there is absolutely no relation about the age of players.

What the hell is this thinking ? There is no logic here.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

no way

i thought by playing solo queue your whole team spawns in hooked, and the killer just wins

this is truly gamechanging information

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Which makes the arrogance of survivor mains even more unbearable. You’ve got countless people on here saying to get gud (pre patch) and toxic survivors in the post game thumping their chest about gameplay that a monkey could execute.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

What a ridiculous exaggeration. I feel like so many people agree that survivors need help right now, at the very least against camping and tunneling, but I don't see how exaggerating like crazy will help you in making a point.

I've been able to win solo survivor matches against killers that clearly weren't "babies". But of course, if they are better than me, they will down me quickl. If you are losing almost every match despite everyone playing normally, then that is a skill issue.

In general at least. Again, camping and tunneling surely are a serious problem.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,175
    Options

I saw 3 today. I even asked the survivors why are you giving up on first hook or first down. Well against nurse i got that they just dont want to play against her and she shouldnt exist and yada yada the normal. I told them they will never learn to play better against nurse if they just keep giving up and they started insulting me and calling me a killer protector...

Other dcs were against legion and plague...so pretty much survivors dc when they get killer they dont like or they get downed first and their ego cant take it.

3 today..and i played 2 hours+

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Skill issue. Always has been with you.

If a survivor team is good, they still have a very good chance winning against any killer. If they resort to camping and tunneling, it becomes more difficult, which is a problem obviously, but even then survivors can sometimes win.

And that was especially true before the patch. Like, why is it so hard for you to accept that you are just not as good at the game as you think you are? Even after patch, good survivors can still win. The problem is just that survivors now have to deal with camping and tunneling, which are way too effective, despite them no longer being necessary.

The exceptions I guess are Nurse and Blight. Those killers need to be looked at. But otherwise, killers, when played normally at least, are perfectly balanced and fair.

• soloqdweet
    soloqdweet Member Posts: 14
    Options

Game has always been survivor sided, the only difference is that soloq actually takes skill and isn't an instawin like with SWFs, so entitled survivors complain when they actually have to work for a win

• Hito420
    Hito420 Member Posts: 89
    Options

also fun fact, you can win matches without camping and tunneling, just need to learn how to play your killer effectively (every killer is viable as long as it fits the playstyle of the person playing them)

but i agree, loads of survivors (and killers) feel entitled to perfect games, if they dont like a map, dont like a killer, dont find or hit a survivor in x amount of time, get blinded or looped then lost easily, or miss attacks constantly, they tend to dc, this is across the board, but since there are more survivors per match its also more noticeable, especially since once the killer leaves, the match is over, where as even if a survivor dc'd in the first 5 seconds after loading in, everyone is stuck playing the match, even though there is literally code built into the loading to prevent 3v1 games because they are not fun nor fair/intended