Facecamping

Options
WDanielle93
WDanielle93 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

You guys really need to do something about the major face camping issue dead by daylight is having I’ve play a total of 18 games today and 11/18 I’ve played I’ve been face camped a little suggestion is if the killer is face camping move the hook to the opposite side of the map or put a barrier around the hook atleast 6x6 meters until the survivor is successfully unhooked I’m literally about to just uninstall the game you guys have made it so killer sided it’s unfair all survivors good perks have got a huge nerf and we still have to deal with face camping it’s really irritating

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• soloqdweet
    soloqdweet Member Posts: 14
    Options

facecamping has never been a viable strategy, and only works against people that don't do gens. against any decent team its a 1k and free win for the survivors.

• Nexurent
    Nexurent Member Posts: 11
    Options

Being in close proximity to a hooked survivor makes the killer lose points, so in reality, they're just harming themselves.

And I don't believe a game like DbD will ever achieve perfect balance - there will always be an imbalance of some sort, even if it's not that big.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

The ones that face camp don't care about blood points.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

It’ll be interesting to see what effect Reassurance has on facecamping when it hits live.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I would prefer that they do something to the base game, but the reassurance perk coming next patch will likely kill most face camping.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

You have a 61% facecamping rate?

Out of four survivors you get facecamped nearly three times as much as you should?

I'd say you're the problem here. The role of survivor is to survive. Stop getting yourself caught and hooked.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,853
    Options

I would suggest Bubba with Bamboozle, No Way Out, Deadlock, and a 3 way tie between Lethal Pursuer/Corrupt Intervention/Merciless Storm as the final perk. There is practically no counter play, and consistently gets 4ks or 3k+hatch. I doubt even Reassurance will be able to counter this since if you are within 6m of the hooked survivor, you likely aren't safe from Bubba's saw. Thereby making 2 people on hooks instead of 1, and he can still hard tunnel the person off hook with his chainsaw through BT/OTR.

Now that example is taken to the extreme, but the core problem still exists, and needs to be mechanically addressed in some basekit fashion.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Damn, guess I just shouldn't go down once then, my bad.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

I doubt you are actually getting facecamped that often.

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333
    Options

You want to escape every part.

You want the hit and run face killer.

You want the killer not to hook you even if he gets the chance.

You don't like the essence of DBD: A survivor must survive if they can, otherwise they die.

He must accept both outcomes.

He must also accept that a killer tortures him mentally via the camp / the slug and the tunnel.

You don't play DBD if you don't want to be chased by a killer who will torture and kill you.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    edited August 2022
    Options

No? The killer has four survivors to pick from.

Statistically, even if every killer you encounter is a tunnelling facecamper (they're not) then you should only be facecamped from the start of the game about 25% of the time.

If you're getting caught three times as much as anyone else in all of your games... you're a bad survivor. Statistically you should encounter other survivors as bad or worse than you, but apparently TC is the worst survivor in 61% of their games.

Hell if I was getting caught first over the course of 2 or 3 games I'd start playing more cautiously and letting others take the fall first. Seems like TC is running up to the killer and screaming "hook me!"