Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Reduce DC/1st Hook death by letting me choose killers

LepewSurvivor
LepewSurvivor Member Posts: 15
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Here is a suggestion for BHVR: I know many survivors that are tired of playing again and again against the same killer some days. Or just don't want to ever have to play against Legion or Cenobite? Why don't you let survivors select the list of killers they are ok playing against before they queue? I am sure that will weed out the DC/one-hook-death of some players that just can't wait to get out these types of games...

Comments

• Onyx
    Onyx Member Posts: 214

Okay, let's assume BHVR does this, for whatever reason. I have a few comments to make:

1. Why let you choose which killers to go against instead of letting you see who the killer is? If your issue is that those killers are unfun, don't you think BHVR would more likely let you prepare for the killer in question rather than outright stop you from going against them? I'd imagine they would much rather do this and pair it with killers seeing who is in a SWF to basically have each side be prepared for the worst, rather than let people avoid killers entirely
    2. If the reason you don't wanna face certain killers is because it's unfun, wouldn't it be easier to just disable DC penalties instead? Treat it as a "I am not having fun button" and easier to implement. At least then BHVR could see whom survivors DC against the most and just change them, much like how it happened with original Legion that could just wait out your mend timer and follow you, since it didn't stop while running.
    3. But most importantly, don't you think any solution that lets you stop going against certain killers is less fixing the cause and more like dealing with the symptoms? If the problem is that certain killers are unfun, stopping people from going against them if they wish is like trying to get rid of the water from a sinking boat. Because you're never plugging the hole, you're just gonna continue to sink. The best solution is to fix what makes these killers unfun to go against.
    4. The best solution that requires less effort (since they are already on track for this when it comes to custom games) are bot matches. Who cares if a killer is OP or unfun when you can just give the players the option to just go against bots where you can program them to always be fun to play against? Again, not a proper fix, more like putting on headphones to drown the screams of those in pain, but at least it gives people the option to not deal with those unfun killers, without ruining those players experience.
  • FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628
    edited August 2022

Revealed all the truth.

@LepewSurvivor

Perhaps the survivors would be less disconnected if they started learning how to play and learn the killer mechanics. Secondly, the survivors don't fight for the killers, but because they don't like to lose. And thirdly - if you respected killer players and didn’t toxic after winning at the gate, then in the next match this player would not choose Nurse. Consider my words.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 457

Translation: I only want to play against low tier killers that are easier to BM at the exit gate.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Have you considered not behaving like an immature brat instead? How about you don’t suicide/die first hook just cause it’s a killer you don’t like?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

This would cause so many problems it isn't even funny.

Even if you only allow to avoid 1 killer, a high mmr swf could use their 4 bans to avoid all Nurse, Blight, Spirit, and 1 other A tier killer forever. Giving them basically permanent easy games.

Also, say someone really likes is a meta killer and they're pretty good at them. They queue up. Every survivor at their rank has their killer avoided. Their queue will take way longer than it should to widen to include lower rank players who don't have the killer avoided... then they get into a 1 sided stomp where noone had fun. Or... they never get a game at all.

Does any of that sound good to you?

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

no

• LepewSurvivor
    LepewSurvivor Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2022

Even if you only allow to avoid 1 killer, a high mmr swf could use their 4 bans to avoid all Nurse, Blight, Spirit, and 1 other A tier killer forever. Giving them basically permanent easy games.

So, they have easy games... What's wrong wit that? As long as both killer and survivors are having fun, I don't see a problem with that. It is a better alternative than one of the survivors DCing or Suiciding because they don't want to play that killer again, no?

Also, say someone really likes is a meta killer and they're pretty good at them. They queue up. Every survivor at their rank has their killer avoided. Their queue will take way longer than it should to widen to include lower rank players who don't have the killer avoided... then they get into a 1 sided stomp where noone had fun. Or... they never get a game at all.

Yes, you are right, in some cases, queues will be longer for some killers... but again, isn't that better than a DC/Suicide? Like any new feature, it should be tested and metrics captured to understand how it is affecting queue time and DC/Suidides. Neither of us can accurately predict the impact of such feature without data: we each may have our biased view of the Dbd universe, there are many different classes of players that this solution could impact (soloQ, SWF, killer casual, killer hardcore, ...).

I say run a pilot/test, get data, and drive conclusions to keep or toss.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

We can predict what will happened, because before dedicated servers there was a mod that allowed people to block others. And surprise, people who were good at killer were having trouble getting into games because survivors would block them if they lost.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Nah. People need to grow the hell up and stop DCing/rage quitting/suiciding on hook.