Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Buff Idea For Deathslinger: Make 115 % MS after shooting

NobleNeon
NobleNeon Member Posts: 6
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Buff Idea For Deathslinger:

Make him move at 115 % MS after shooting. Reloading returns the move speed to the current 110 %. This allows for slinger to get across the map a little better, or catch up for an M1 down.

Thoughts?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

So, kind of like that one Huntress addon?

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 929

Yeah, IMO Slinger could just be 115% all the time, so this is the least they could do for him to compensate for the quickscope nerf.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Making him 115% would make him an absolute zoning monster so idk about that. It’d be less fun to play as, as well. I’d rather they just restore quickscope, at least partially.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 929

I definitely prefer him being 115% over quickscope in terms of playing against him, but I agree that 110% + quickscope is much more fun to play as. I just don't think it will ever come back, and while Slinger is still fairly strong (good players are still able to win consistently with him, and even in tournaments he does surprisingly well still), I don't think he'd be too strong at 115%. Maybe some add-ons would have to be toned down to compensate though, such as the reload speed ones, which could be quite oppressive then.

But him being 115% whenever his gun is not loaded seems like a perfectly sensible middle-ground either way, I think that's the very least they could ship without any issue.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

What if they did the whole 115% but gave him a 40m terror radius like Wesker and experimented with him that way?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

There’s nothing wrong with his chase potential imo. He doesn’t need to be quicker (115) or shoot faster. They made those adjustments for a reason.

If he was quicker, killer players would be less inclined to use his power. They’d also have to nerf his power to compensate.

Shooting too fast was his original nerf.

Buffs I would recommend is reducing his terror radius back down to 24 meters (he’s the only 110 with a 32m terror radius. And nerf M&A to not work as well on 24 meter terror radius killers.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Deathslinger isn’t bad, I think making him 115% would be a bit too strong even. But I do wish they would let him turn full speed while aiming. For whatever reason he’s the only ranged attacker in the game whose turn rate is significantly throttled while aiming, it’s kind of annoying.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

It might not be the best call but yeah this exact idea I proposed in both of my reworks for the guy. 4.5 m/s when the redeemer is unloaded.