Why people refuse to learn how to play against nurse?

Options
Saitamfed
Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I am from the times where nurse had only fatigue and +5 blinks... yet back in the day I was able to beat nurses... I know, it's not easy to do but you can do beat a nurse... she is heavily penalized for missing a blink, it's not a "oh, she misses, she has another blink"... if she misses both blinks, she has to wait three seconds until she gets the second blink again... every killer will down you eventually if they've set your mind in doing so... the problem with nurse is that you can not do the same "hold W brainlessly" strategy so... learn to count her, Is it hard? Yes, but hard doesn't mean impossible.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I didn’t miss when people complained about Spirit. Leave those days behind us please.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

But Spirit never got that much hate.

Nurse is on different level now.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

I'm from the "back in the day" nurse also. Pre bbq & chili and infectious fright. It wasn't easy, but nurse could be countered. You know what always worked against her? Iron Will, aside from that brief and very stupid period of time when stridor inexplicably negated it, Iron Will has always been a very reliable stealth and chase ending perk.

Again, tell me why it's harder to counter nurse?

• Saitamfed
    Options

Well, in my case because it's a long pause before reading the next sentence... it means to say that it's not just to take a breath, it's to fully stop before resuming your reading. Anyway, many people use ellipsis just because old habits never die. My ex had that habit, but the difference is, he used it at the end, so it was like he was trying to say something but he didn't in the end.

• Saitamfed
    Options

Actually... yes, she is going to miss, think about it. How to be a good nurse? Being able to read the oponent... it becomes a guessing game for her, one in which if she fails, she is punished... now, if you as a survivor are easy to read then that's on you.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Ah yes, the 2 seconds base fatigue + 0.5s extra fatigue per chain blink + 1s if she attacked at all regardless of hit or miss + the remaining time for the remaining blink recharges (total of 6s, eg, 2.5s fatigue = 3.5s longer for recharge), then 2s for charging up, then 1.5s for travel time, then up to ~1.2s for charging up, then up to ~1s for travel time.

Wow maybe, it's almost like if you aren't as equally good as the other side, you should not be winning, and other killers have way too absurdly long downtimes.

• SuzuKR
    Options

"opportunity" =/= "guaranteed"

If a killer is in range, they should always be able to have an opportunity to hit you. Whether or not Nurse hits you comes down to the Nurse player and the survivor player's skill at mindgaming.

If a killer is in range and cannot hit you regardless of skill due to map RNG, that is bad design.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

It's mostly that the fundamentals don't really apply to Nurse at all. If you want to learn to play against her, the best way to do it is to get a friend and do 1v1s for a few (dozen) hours. You can't get good against Nurse by playing against regular M1 killers and anti-loop killers, you must vs Nurse and Nurse specifically since the skills don't really carry over at all.

Learning to vs her demands a level of skill and dedication that is simply out of place in such a casual game like DbD.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    edited August 2022
    Options

It’s because Solo Q and the Nurses who burn map offerings, aura/insta builds or classical full regression, and when they run 3 blink, omega blink, instant blink, or a mix. The instances where Nurse can actually be considered OP.

• Saitamfed
    Options

Well, you're right but people asking for nerfs, or what I've seen is not... nerf X add-on, which can be considerated the problem... it's always make her that her fatigue is... meaning her basekit, her basekit is fine... if she does have add-ons that makes her OP (which omegablink can be and recharge add-ons too) then those needs to be nerfed, not nurse herself.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

The problem is her basekit is not fine when the devs do not consider her basekit when implementing new perks/changes to the game.

So in essence what you have is a killer that bottlenecks most if not all possible perks that they could introduce to the game, not to mention things that other killers need.

• SuzuKR
    Options

Blight can 50/50 most tiles in the game the way Nurse can. Killers that cannot do that are the ones that are below ideal design. Why should someone automatically be safe just off pure map/tile RNG in a particular given area? If the killer can do literally nothing about that, that is not about skill, that is about RNG determining the result. Which is bad design.

Nurse is punished enough for good players to take advantage of it. Other killers have far too much absurd downtime for factors not even in their control they can do nothing about (eg, auto lose chase at strong tile in time-efficiency).

I don't know why you are blaming Nurse over what is clearly problems with solo queue that should be improved to solo queue directly (giving more info and ways to coordinate).

Good survivors do just fine versus equally good Nurses. Unfortunately for you, me, and everyone else in this game, DBD has the issue that literally every single matchmaking versus game ever will. The amount of good, great, and insanely amazing players are small, even smaller, and even smaller. So when they go into the queue, it is frankly unlikely there will be enough people of their level on in the perfect 4:1 ratio needed in the same region queueing at the same time to get a full even-skill lobby. So, in order for queues to not take hours, they are matched with worse players.

This is precisely why you see amazing players win almost every single game ever regardless of what they run. Survivor, killer, what killer, what build, etc. Because they are outright better than their competition. That is not a balance issue, that is an unavoidable matchmaking issue. When matched with actually even skill players, the match goes evenly.

Fortunately, because of how few actually good/great/insanely amazing players there are, the odds of having to deal with this specific matchmaking bad luck is also incredibly rare. Most people overrate how good their opponents are.

The reason most survivors struggle against Nurse (other than solo queue's lack of info) is because she has different counterplay from standard M1s, and survivors who don't know the counterplay will not do well (obviously). Conversely, this is why survivors who are good at playing against Nurse do just fine versus an equally skilled Nurse.

Range/3 blink add-ons need reworks, but everything else is fine. Certain maps need reworks/adjustments (eg, Midwich/Gideon are too small, among other issues those maps have).

• Saitamfed
    Options

I mean, when they release a map, they don't consider killerrs... when they've released the Oni one as an example... a lot of killers struggle with it and that goes for every map. Should we nerf a killer that does well in certain maps due to it? Should we nerf nemesis because zombies in closed maps are a pain?

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,729
    Options

Why not both? People always use legitimate worst case scenarios to try to act like everything less from the same killer is automatically hopeless. Thats like a killer saying "why bother chasing anyone when god loops exist in the game?"

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

It's not that they refuse to learn it's that the nurse is also learning how you play and trying to catch on on those plays

• SuzuKR
    Options

This is just objectively wrong. You can watch good players play against equally good Nurses. One, they cannot safe blink (blink to corner and then again) because then they will not be able to reach the survivor with the second blink on many areas. Two, regardless of aura perks or not, predictive means the survivor can outpredict them, which is exactly what happens. Good survivors against equally good Nurses can keep up a chase from anywhere to 30-60+ seconds just fine.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

This reductive, over simplified answer is like telling someone with clinical depression to "just smile". Breaking line of sight is entirely dependent upon the map. On Eyrie of Crows, you can't run anywhere because she's going to see the blood. Also, breaking line of sight isn't a guarantee to be free from the chase continuing, it will give you a brief respite and break bloodlust but you're only delaying the inevitable.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

The jist of playing against nurse is literally to just W key away from her and break line of sight. Every question can have a simple and complicated answer. This doesn't make simplified answers any more wrong just because it has a longer one.

• Saitamfed
    Options

If you believe playing Nurse is easy then go and play her...

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

How can you play this game and honestly say that god loops are gone? Maps are loaded with jungle gyms and tiles that you can see the killer at. If survivors do gens, the one being chased can insta drop pallets and never get touched. By the time they are caught, the game is over. THAT is fundamentally broken design. No killer in the game can compete with that level of brokeness.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Back in the early days you just had to get good at beating Nurse. Back then you faced her more often. When she was introduced there were only 4 killers in the game so the odds of going up against a Nurse were extremely high. If you didn't get good vs a Nurse you were going to have a much harder time enjoying DbD. Nurse was also hard to play as back then. She was buggy and missing a lot of the quality of life improvements she's received more recently. The rank & emblem matchmaking system, in my opinion, was better for crafting good teams to beat Nurses.

As of August 30th there will be 30 killers in Dead by Daylight. This means that any player who's started playing recently has had a far lesser chance of going up against a Nurse than at any time before, and therefore much less experience against her. They just don't get good due to lack of exposure. If they give up in this Nurse round odds are very unlikely they'll face a Nurse again in the next. MMR matchmaking, in my opinion, does a horrible job of crafting teams now in SoloQ. There are almost always 1 or 2 very weak members in your average SoloQ team and once the Nurse finds them they go down quick and the whole team starts to crumble.

• SuzuKR
    Options

Please stop spewing proven misinformation. It’s a detriment to the community and detracts from genuine good-faith discussions.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

######### are you talking about, if she misses a blink she's still in blink range or will be in a few seconds.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Spirit got the most unnecessary backlash ever. She did nothing wrong yet people just wanted her gutted for no reason (thankfully she wasn’t).

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    edited August 2022
    Options

Because they are. They were gone once breakable doors became a thing.

A survivor never gets touched? Please stop with the exaggerated assumptions. If you choose to go for someone who keeps pre-dropping and never break chase, that is on YOU. Your job isn’t just to chase but patrol gens as well. Also since we are on a Nurse topic, tell me how pre dropping is good against Nurse.

Because In relation to what is being talked about there are no perks that make a loop stronger. As there are perks that DO make Nurse stronger.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

It's the same for all Killers... at times

• woundcowboy
    Options

Nurse can play around predrops, hence why she is the only viable killer. Saying to switch up targets is a bad talking point if the survivors know how to play. Anyone you target will predrop and you won’t catch them until it’s over. I can tell you don’t play much killer.

• woundcowboy
    Options

There are enough resources on the map for all survivors to use. Again, as killer you might get one, but that’s all you’re going to get. A 3-4 k is literally impossible if the survivors hold forward and pre drop.

• Saitamfed
    edited August 2022
    Options

Ladies and gentlemen. it's okay to disagree but let's not call names on others... I don't want the post to get erased or anything.

Post edited by Saitamfed on
  • maximo99ac
    maximo99ac Member Posts: 164
    edited August 2022
    Options

BOYS NURSE HAVE TO WAIT THREE SECONDS BEFORE SHE CAN BLINK AGAIN I REPEAT THREE SECONDS, IF THE SURVIVORS IS GOOD HE CAN MAKE 5 MAYBE 6 METERS

i know how to play againts nurse even then is an awful killer to play againts