Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Evil Incarnate needs changed

jjb985
jjb985 Member Posts: 60
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Back in the day this acheievment was already countered easily. Now the level of toxicity in the community is at record highs. Why should a player be punished for having a good match going for the acheievment. Tombstone needs changed to allowing to Mori on the ground/lockers. Why should acheievments be RNG for one side and full control to the other? The only way to get this acheievment right now is to have survivors allow you to get the acheievment. Say that a few times and try to explain why that should ever make sense.

Survivors jumping in lockers to be toxic against the Mori /acheievment needs changed immediately.

Post edited by jjb985 on

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

That would be a nice buff for it. I actually saw Tokki going for this last night and it was a lot of fun, but I thought she was going to get denied by a locker. Honestly, with how hard it is because survivors would rather throw than get mori'd, that just makes it all the more satisfying to earn.

• jjb985

I just got my infinite tombstone at 4 gens left after first kill last 3 all jumped in lockers. There's no answer to it.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

So how survivors will counter it? It is insta-mori and there is no counter for it.

Just get good, stop asking help to devs. Use your own skills.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Should work on lockers if you have hooked that survivor once or if he is last one so survivors can't just hide in locker denying the tombstone kill forever.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Theres no skill you can use to counter lockers when going for the achievement. The survivors counter it by not getting stalked.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

If you want this achievement now you need to pick a map with as few lockers as possible or areas with huge deadzones of "no lockers"

You need to bring AGI+IG. Release someone in a corner when you find the perfect spot.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited August 2022

Lockers is only way to counter it. These add-ons are very strong and survivors almost have 0 counter.

People just need to get good. This achievement is not that hard.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

It's achievement, by the way, not some normal gameplay that is "imbalanced". No one force you to do it, you don't need it for game progress. But if you want to do it, earn it. Achievements should be hard, not like 90% of them like "just play".

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

Achievements are not a necessity. They are extra content that can be whatever - grindy or requiring specific setup, luck or multiple attempts

• jjb985

That's fine to counter it. However it's not to avoid death it's to literally be toxic because of the acheievment. The acheievment or add on needs changed to make it so 4 people can't just deny you at will.

• jjb985

Saying get good like it's my fault that survivors hold all the power to it. I did my part getting 400% stalk at 4 gens left, they get rewarded because they did nothing. Ya, makes sense.

• jjb985

This doesn't even work since dredge came out. They added lockers to the better dead zone maps like saloon

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited August 2022

Why not, once the cheesy permanent PWYF strategy has been denied too. Both of these "tricks" has to be removed from the game.

Besides, this challenge used to be very hard back in the days (even with PWYF trick).

Now, people just stack passive free slowdowns, aura reading perks and good offering map. You can even find your obsession at start with LP (or locker aura reading perk) for a cakewalk game with permanent 3-PWYF stacks after 1 min game. There is no counterplay to that, it is a win at this point.

Killers usually get lots of kills; maybe not the challenge/steam success, but they win the round

Some streamers even went for "Evil Incarnate" sessions because it is easy and fun tbh, if you don't really care about the required 4 moris

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

The Tombstones should be reworked to not mori Survivors and the Achievement should be removed (because it is not possible to fulfill it anymore).

Removing the Counterplay from the Tombstones is wrong, because not everyone using them is going for the Achievement, so having no way of avoiding being killed without even getting hooked once in regular games would be bad.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

IT IS NOT TOXIC to not give a killer a free killer, jumping in a locker is COUNTERPLAY

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

Literally got the achievement 2 days ago and after probably 10+ tries. It is definitely one of the harder achievements but nothing impossible. I don't think they need to change anything, what are survivors supposed to do instead of going into lockers? Nothing. Is it annoying? yes, it is impossible to get the achievement? hell no. Just play more

• jjb985

That's kinda my point they have changed many acheievments in the past when the game changed. It's overall not fair for survivors to get Mori early on in the match for no reason and not fair if the killer gets the game held hostage because of a locker. So meet in the middle. Make it fully stock every survivor or just some random junk and be done. I'm sure survivors would be okay with permanent tombstone going away atleast.

• jjb985

They are literally being toxic tho. Jumping in and out of lockers teabagging because they know what you want and refuse to play the game. Literally taking the game hostage.

• jjb985

Every YouTube video of anyone completing this has survivors their themselves at the killer this is not realistic.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

uhhhh, grab them out of the locker. they cant take the game hostage if you have a way to end it.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

It is totally possible, difficult yes, impossible no.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Everyone who has already earned the Evil Incarnate achievement has had to put up with this.

The achievement should not be dumbed down to suit you.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Read again. I wrote AFTER changing the Tombstones, the Achievement will not be possible anymore. The Tombstones 100% deserve a Rework, they are heavily outdated.

When it comes to being possible, yes, it is possible. I did it multiple times.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

It is not hard. Grab them and carry them far away from lockers. Agi + PWYF will help you with your task. That's how i completed this achievement.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

Ok but they didnt change the tombstones so there is no reason to change the achievement.

To correct your original sentence, added the proper context in parentheses

"The Tombstones should be reworked to not mori Survivors and (then) the Achievement should be removed (because it is not possible to fulfill it anymore)."

Personally i think the tombstones are fine and should be left as is. Double Iridescent Myers is pretty rare anyways.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2022

I don't understand you people asking to buff the most OP addon in the game. It allows to completely eliminate a player from the match in one click and you want to remove the only counter?

If you want the achievement just do it like me and all the others who got it: suck it up and try until you succeed.

• Mxmay
    Mxmay Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2022

An achievement is a challenge and as it is an achievement that you need only to get once, I find it perfectly find that it is actually a challenge to get. The locker play is not toxic, it is the only safe way for survivors not to get killed. I would recommend letting survivors struggleon the side of a high plateform or a hill where no locker are nearby so they lose their momentum and you have the time to catch them.

• Pyrosorc
    Pyrosorc Member Posts: 202

Presumably this will be changed soon anyway with the announced plans to make moris only an end-game thing ?

• Mxmay
    Mxmay Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2022

I don't think so. What about Pyramid head and Sadako's mini moris then? This is an add-on that gives you the mori animation but it is not a mori

Post edited by Mxmay on
  • Pyrosorc
    Pyrosorc Member Posts: 202

I guess it's kinda hard to tell how much will or won't be reworked. Pyramid Head's is functionally identical to a regular mori, so it would be a little surprising if it didn't receive the same treatment, but I wouldn't be completely shocked either way I guess. Similarly, it would seem odd if the mori update didn't touch tombstone in some way since it's so... contentious, but I guess it could go either way.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,370

Nah. The addons in their current form are not healthy for the game so I don't exactly see a need to buff them.

• jjb985
    edited August 2022

I got the acheievment this morning. With a locker jumper as well however I had to partially take the game hostage to do it. This is not enjoyable for anyone. This has nothing to do with me not being good enough or needing to suck it up. These mechanics of the add ons are severely outdated. It's not very fun for either side because you literally depip basically for going for it. Survivors have 0 gameplay.

Also you have to think about how far the games came to avoid these type of mechanics. Remember being able to Mori without being hooked? DS without being hooked? Times have changed and I feel like this falls under that umbrella. I'd much rather see these get re worked but make it so Myers can't fully stalk anymore, buff him as a killer to allow him to hit tier 3 as much as you can get to work then change the acheievment around that. Hit tier 3 X times in a single match etc

Post edited by jjb985 on