Killers, how often do you free the last survivor?

Options
2»

Comments

• Etherelda
    Etherelda Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2022
    Options

Whenever I feel pity for the obviously new survivor player (especially Leons, they look like puppies when they play silly) unless it's Steve, Feng or Claudette. I hate those three even in their infancy with burning passion and will indiscriminately eliminate them and whoever tries to save them from my wrath.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

I typically let 2 survivors go on every trial.

I need a reason to kill everyone.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

This. If they just played the game and wasn't trying to be toxic I'll let them go.

I had a match were me and Steve made it to the hatch around the same time and I closed it. He stood on it and looked down. So I was like alright Steve you can go.

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178
    Options

If it's a fun a decent match I usually give a hatch. The only time I go for 4k is when survivors are being super sweaty or tbagging for no reason.

Otherwise I'm happy with 3k, more BPs for other person, why not.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

More often than I should.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options
  • Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

I usually let everyone escape. Although, ever since the that one update, I accidentally kill them all bc it's so easy to do.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I let the last survivor go for various reasons: steamrolled (like you said), submitted & accepted defeat (dropped item, and crouched before me a.k.a bend the knee [for my Game of Thrones fans 😆], or if they didn’t have any engagement with me all game and chose to incite a chase rather than look for hatch/knew where hatch was and didn’t care (after getting looped for 5 mins while hatch is open, once I down them I carry them over. They deserved it and proved their point), or if that last survivor played really well all game and was screwed over by teammates making bad plays.

It’s funny, as killer sometimes we get to see and observe a lot of things the survivors don’t realize. Give us enough time, and we can tell who’s a coward, who is smart, who is a team player, who is not worth chasing, who is a gen jockey, etc. Sometimes for me I take that into consideration on giving hatch or not.

Now as far as how often? Maybe 1 or 2 out of 20 games. Now bare in mind most survivors go for the jugular (especially SWF’s), so I’m not going to be giving the hatch like I’m handing out free candy.

• Lineheart
    Lineheart Member Posts: 38
    Options

I did before mmr. Now I only do so when someone DCs or teammate farmed/bodyblocked. Even that less common tho since Base kit BT.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Way to frickin often

When a DC or early give up happens almost always.

If the survivor doesn't struggle and i hear the hatch somewhere on my way to the hook always.

When i still have 5 gens left and the last 2 survivors crouch at me and give me the puppy dog eyes i go afk at the exit gate so they can finish the gens and get out

I need help

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

In my last 95 matches I've had 313 sacrifices, 3 moris, 8 dcs, 34 door escapes, 14 hatch escapes, and 5 given escapes. You can add those up and find the ratio if you want

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited September 2022
    Options

Interesting to see the different opinions here. Still feel like some killers are being a bit harsh lol. Nothing wrong with letting last survivor go, especially if it's been a good game. Doesn't lose you much as killer, whereas a survivor escaping gets 7k bp, it's a lot for a survivor, 25-33% of the total score for a good game. So I'd advocate killers doing it a bit more but obvs everyone does their own thing.

Had a funny one yesterday though I spent a good 2 mins carrying a streamer over my shoulder in rpd yesterday looking for hatch for them lol. It'd been a great game but i outplayed them hard and could've had the 4k with 2 gens left. But he hadn't bagged or torch spammed me and he didn't struggle when i picked him up so i let him.

Now i just wish someone would do it for me lol still need that achievement for crawling out the hatch

• K139K05
    K139K05 Member Posts: 217
    Options

If a survivor Dced, I usually give the last survivor hatch (especially if it happened very early in the match). We all know that situations like this are (almost) impossible to handle, so I let them leave (unless they were trolling or constant Bming).

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

Yes, I do tend to give the last survivor hatch, unless I'm going for some sort of a challenge requiring me to take all of them out.

I do only give them the hatch, though, as to make sure that their MMR won't get any higher as that sort of an escape was somewhat undeserved.

While playing Solo Queue, I don't really recall getting a hatch escape in the past year.. The last time the killer carried me to the hatch and let me escape was in 2019 or 2020..

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Depends. If I think a survivor played really well which is extremely rare. But I do let the last go most of the time if i think it's faster to go next. Games over I don't care if they live and I don't like the little door to door game you have to play if they are hiding.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2022
    Options

I go a different way. I always want to achieve a 3K, I dont slug at the end to find the last survivor. If he gets hatch, fine, if not, also fine.

Get the 3K, maybe the 4th, then start the next game.

If a survivor DCd in the beginning because I downed him after the first minute, I change the match into a BP-Farm-Operation for me and the 3 survivors left.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,219
    Options

If it saves time, or if they were a good sport and I don't mind spending some time getting hatch. Usually I'll let the last survivor go if I catch them at gates and could down and hook too. After all it's 7k points for them, so why not. I don't need the 4k for pips or achievements or challenges anyway.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

I consider win invidially if I escape alone and all others die it's win for me. That's why many survivors don't give kill. I would consider 3K as lose as killer if last survivor would kill me or if I was doing adept/challenge. In friday 13th which is bit similar game than dbd survivors can kill the killer.

• Xenontyx
    Xenontyx Member Posts: 3
    Options

I let the last survivor escape almost all of the time unless he was toxic to me or his teammate or if I have a challenge to do.

But I dont like to be blatant when I let him go. So as a sneaky ghostface main, I prefer to close the hatch, and wait until the survivor open the door. Then i mark him and chase him so he gets to the exit just in time, to make him feel like the main character of a horror movie.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    edited September 2022
    Options

I think I rarely see anyone give hatch anymore. As killer it depends on how the game went, if someone dc's early or if I feel like the game was a little too easy for me and they had a rough time, I'll at least let one go. Or if they do something that wows me, idk what that could be but if they do something really cute or silly in the match it's certainly something i'd consider. Or even sometimes if I'm feeling generous I might just randomly give hatch, especially if I'm grade 1 killer, I'm not in need of pips so I don't mind letting one go.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 523
    Options

Since I don't main killer, I don't sweat for kills when I do play killer. Usually when they get the five gens done I just let them all go. Even when I do succeed in getting a kill, I actually feel bad about it. That's how you know the killer role isn't for me.

Whenever a killer spares me, I'm usually curious as to why, but I've only been informed a few times on why they did so. I had one who told me it was because I tried pulling the exit gate switch after I wiggled off (the hatch had already been closed). I had another who told me it was because I ran them around the most. But most of the other cases, I'll never know...

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Depends tbh,,If game wasn't super sweaty i'll give hatch to last person,,Shirtless Davids / any fengs/ Ada get a free hatch unless they were annoying in game

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

I let the last one go If that survivor is a cutie or if I'm bored and it's faster to let them go than to kill them

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Survivor being a cutie is the best logic I've heard 🤣

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

I had a terrible game as Huntress where I couldn't land a single hatchet to save my life. All gens done with like two hooks. A bunny Feng decided to give me a pity hook with maybe 30 seconds left of EGC.

I had Blood Warden.

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422
    Options

So I used to be always but I kinda have changed it to be more like this.

So if hatch has spawned and we pass it unless they were t-bagging in the game or I have a challenge that requires a 4k they are 100% getting it.

Otherwise it depends on how big of an impact I felt them during the game. If they played well or especially if they saved the other survivor when there was just two. they can have the hatch. But if there are still people dying on the hook or i just wanna get to the next game I am just gonna hook them

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    edited September 2022
    Options

Skill will always be freed. If you can juke me or at least do a good enough job to avoid me during the match, I'll always let the 4th person go. I'll close the hatch while carrying them then let them have the door. Hatch is never really an option because it doesn't help their MMR. I want them to get better teammates, not get into another match with the shame low levels again. Or just make me laugh. That usually does it too. Also, DCs.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
    Options

I used to, but after being abused enough by survivors who “just play the game” (aka pallet runners and god flashlight fiends, and yes I know that’s a strategy just a annoying one) i decided to “just play the game” and not let anyone leave if it’s within my power. Circumstances be damned.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I usually dont unless you have a cute cosmetic, but I'm usually open to negotiations.

Doing anything cute like putting your face behind the cardboard cutouts on Crotus Prenn is an easy way to win me over.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

I don't like letting them go, but sometimes I'm just too lazy to let try and get them so I hook last and see who sees hatch first.