The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What would make you play more often as killer?

Comments

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

I wish there was a rating system at the end of a game that would factor into match making :lol: to keep the toxic people together.

That would be very cool if the rating at the end would be used like that.
    Or another thumb up/down and that too for matchmaking.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I can't play Killer any more than i do now, having changed to being a 100% main.

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

More rewards.
    Sadly we play a game where killer is afraid of survivors ...

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

This event 'cause I feel bad for survivors' long waiting times

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    If ruin wasn’t such a necessity to do anything without gens being completed by the time you down someone. 

Matches aren’t determined by you, but by survivors. Which really sucks. 
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@ProfessorDunwich said:
    Losing as Killer feels like crap. Dealing with coordinated SWF is one of the worst gaming experiences I've had, the tbagging at the gates just rubs it in.

But your main problem is the advantage that SWF groups have compared to solo survivors, correct?
    If SWF was balanced, you wouldn't mind the occasional tbagging from SWFs or solos that much?

• i play killer more then survivor before
    and now i don't want to touch killer at all bc of those toxic stuff

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I'm not playing killer right now because they get far less coins on average than a survivor for the Moonrise event.

• NoShinyPony

@preetygoodforumsofar said:
    i play killer more then survivor before
    and now i don't want to touch killer at all bc of those toxic stuff

What includes toxic stuff for you? Is it getting DS'ed multiple times or is it "only" tbagging and flashlight click-click?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Balanced game, less survivor toxicity, an end to looping.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited February 2019
    Well, like fire, there is the usual triangle. Mood, time, energy. Take one away, and it's hard to fuel the fire.

Outside of that, I want games to feel balanced. They should be balanced around SWF with voice, around how big/numerous the SWF is, etc.
    Or at the least a big fat blood point bonus so I can get an SWF killer build going. 

Ya'll say it's so easy to kill SWFs, but ya'll have moris stockpiled, and the best addons stockpiled, and a page or two of rank 3 perks.
    I don't have all that. Game gives me trials to kill by my own hand with cypress moris. ######### a.
  • Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

Either balance SWF groups by giving them a handicap of some sorts, or reward the killer more for playing against them. I don't mind the added difficulty as long as I get something out of it.

Make a timer that starts as soon as all gens are done that reduces the playing field or somehow threatens the survivors so the last one doesn't crouch around the map looking for the hatch.

• NoShinyPony

@Eninya said:
    I'm not playing killer right now because they get far less coins on average than a survivor for the Moonrise event.

And besides the event? :) It was more a general question what would people get motivated to play more games as killer.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Having unlimited common or uncommon addons, ngl.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I need something to make me want to play the game more often

Incentives for ranking up, and gaining levels/devotion, currently no reason to besides
    Only thing ranking up does is get you matches with "better players", I use that lightly

I see the game in my library, debate if I want to bother, see if an event is going on. If event is on, I avoid the game like it's the plague. If there is no event, it's basically a coin toss.

No compelling reason to play

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    I'm a Survivor Main and haved played killer a lot too .. Playing as Killer despite you get all 4 Survivors eventhough sometimes it feels Rewarding when You wreck an entire SWF group with DS and flashlights .. to me it doesn't feel as fun as Surviving with others .. you're eventually on your own as a killer so it feels like a personal win ..

While On the other hand it feels more fun to know that because of you someone else Survived the trial.. Stealth gameplay and so on .. maybe if they added a Game mode with Several killers or Someone controling the entity from another Realm that'd be fun I think and make me want to play killer more . I always wonder why some killer offerings say stacks underneath when there is only one killer anyways maybe the devs planning something who knows but i doubt it.

-------------------------------------

In short words surviving as a group feels more fun than winning on your own.
  • RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    My list - 

Balance the game with comms in mind.

Rework the end game so games cannot go on for hours once the gate is open.

Make the hatch less appealing. It's supposed to be a last chance, not a reward.

Fix the sound.

Fix it so it's not a slideshow on consoles.

Fix totem placements.
  • xxnazgulxx
    xxnazgulxx Member Posts: 6
    Tsulan said:
    ...But since survivors are the larger group, they can easily review bomb and force the devs to act in their favor. 
    I think the opposite is the case. Even if it's 90% survivors VS 10% killer the devs have to orientate at (realistic) killer opinions. If not the player base moves further to 95 vs 5% and so on. And this would be the death of the game.
    And exactly that is what I m missing in many threads here. The insight that when there are no killer anymore there are no survivors needed and the game is gone. 
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Bloodpoint bonus to playing against SWF. I understand it's extremely hard to balance it as a mechanic, but I'd be so much more willing to face SWF groups if I got a bonus for essentially playing at a disadvantage. 
  • Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Killers that are designed to be fair and balanced while fun for both sides. The power is something interesting. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    ...But since survivors are the larger group, they can easily review bomb and force the devs to act in their favor. 
    I think the opposite is the case. Even if it's 90% survivors VS 10% killer the devs have to orientate at (realistic) killer opinions. If not the player base moves further to 95 vs 5% and so on. And this would be the death of the game.
    And exactly that is what I m missing in many threads here. The insight that when there are no killer anymore there are no survivors needed and the game is gone. 
    Just take Freddy as example. Nerfed 1 week after release. 
    Because survivors review bombed.
    No buff in sight. It has been over a year since the devs recognized that they acted to fast.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Tsulan said:
    Game turned into a bully simulator a long time ago. 
    New players think they have to git gud. Because survivors tell them.
    After a longer time most killer mains realize that it's not a getting gud thing.
    They then either switch to survivor as M.Cote recommended or play a different game. 

Survivor mains claim that they don't care that killers leave left and right. But the long queues tell a different story. 
    The game is almost always on sale for 9,99$/€/£ to desperately attract fresh meat.

On top of that, survivors make ridiculous wishes like temp bans for lobby dodging. 
    They don't realize that killers just don't enjoy their gameplay. 

But since survivors are the larger group, they can easily review bomb and force the devs to act in their favor. 

This sums a lot of issues up.
    Dead by Daylight has always been about the people playing survivors. Catering to the majority and making sure they're happy is what's generating revenue to Behavior. Just look at the store fodder for the original survivors and the free survivors compared to the killers of the same area.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    Killer is mindless to me. Hit boxes are broken, finding survivors is super easy, the chase doesn't last long if you are half decent at mind games. I only play killer to rack up BP. Survivor is more fun for me, I like being chased and having to really play well in order to not get caught. Plus the thrill of seeing Myers pop up out of nowhere is always fun
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    The toxicity I use to play toxic as survivor but after how the games been going I’ve stopped I also like cleansing totems which for the most part stops the gen rush problem 
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Nerf decisive strike
    thats all

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Give me the option to play with a friend too. It just feels like ######### knowing survivors are having a good time in discord while you're sitting there alone.

• NoShinyPony

@ToxicFengM1n said:
    Nerf decisive strike
    thats all

Yes to the DS nerf.
    Do you think the same about insta-heals ?

• MhhBurgers

@TreemanXD said:
    The toxicity I use to play toxic as survivor but after how the games been going I’ve stopped I also like cleansing totems which for the most part stops the gen rush problem 

Also stops NOED. 2 Birds one stone.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@TreemanXD said:

Also stops NOED. 2 Birds one stone.

Yep
  • Eninya

@NoShinyPony said:

@Eninya said:

And besides the event? :) It was more a general question what would people get motivated to play more games as killer.

I play them somewhat equally outside of it, though I wish I could endlessly use certain addon combinations on a few killers.

Examples:
    -6 Jigsaw box Pig
    -Full Phase Walk speed Spirit
    -XXXtra dark traps Trapper

• NoShinyPony

@Eninya said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@Eninya said:

I play them somewhat equally outside of it, though I wish I could endlessly use certain addon combinations on a few killers.

Examples:
    -6 Jigsaw box Pig

That's because besides Nurse and maybe Billy, the killers are in general too weak to be played without add-ons. Some killers are so weak that you would need strong add-ons as base kit, to be fair.

(And aren't Trapper's tar bottles still bugged? I thought the devs haven't fixed them yet.)

• Eninya

@NoShinyPony said:

@Eninya said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@Eninya said:

Examples:
    -6 Jigsaw box Pig

That's because besides Nurse and maybe Billy, the killers are in general too weak to be played without add-ons. Some killers are so weak that you would need strong add-ons as base kit, to be fair.

(And aren't Trapper's tar bottles still bugged? I thought the devs haven't fixed them yet.)

I don't think addons are required so much as perks are. I get along just fine on Pig, Hag, Huntress, and Spirit with crappy addons. Nurse, Freddy, and Myers are some of the few that need them more than not, though.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Less dc's and decisives would help, and i don't mean removing DS, i mean not having more than 2 DS per match.

• Vesperiavi
    Vesperiavi Member Posts: 45
    If there could be two killers somehow, I don't like to play alone most of the time, I enjoy killer, really. But I'm a lonely bugger 
  • MhhBurgers

BHVR should stop messing around and finally give us 8/6v2, it's not that hard.

• NoShinyPony

@Vesperiavi said:
    If there could be two killers somehow, I don't like to play alone most of the time, I enjoy killer, really. But I'm a lonely bugger 

I know a lot of people would like to see this mode but it would not work, I'm afraid.

• MhhBurgers

@NoShinyPony said:

@Vesperiavi said:

I know a lot of people would like to see this mode but it would not work, I'm afraid.

Works in a ######### mobile game yet BHVR can't implement it on a PC game.

It's not like the current system is working very well either btw judging by how many killer players will dodge/cheese and quit the game, I have never seen such toxicity anywhere else, not even in league.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I play it a ton as of right now. But, I'd love it if they reworked NOED completely.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

A second way to sacrifice survivors would be nice. I feel like the hook is cool, but I wish there was more creativity in your sacrificing them.

I'd really love at least 2 more ways to sacrifice a survivor....they could use the same algorithm they use for hooks to simply work for all 2-3 sacrificing types so you don't have like 8 hooks, 7 altars, 6 pits, etc. And then set a minimum of 2 of each sacrificial type.

That is genuinely the most disappointing thing about killer for me. It just feels more repetitive then survivor.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Nothing, I already main killers.
  • MissJuliette
    MissJuliette Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2019
    Mc_Harty said:

@NoShinyPony said:
    Really? For me it's the opposite. I get instant lobbies as killer and have to wait quite some time when I want to play survivor.

You should come to Australia sometime.

I'm a killer main and the lobbies are almost instant. My son who is survivor main has to wait a lot longer to get in the lobby. We are in Australia.  
  • MissJuliette
    MissJuliette Member Posts: 13
    I prefer to play killer. Yes, it is fun as survivor to hide and get out of the gate, but I find it scary and stressful. My heart pounds.

My heart doesn't pound as killer. I find it quite relaxing. I'm not the best but I was at rank 5 before the reset.
  • NoShinyPony

@Poweas said:
    I play it a ton as of right now. But, I'd love it if they reworked NOED completely.

If you have an idea for a NOED rework, you could open a thread for that. :)

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2019

@MissJuliette said:
    I'm a killer main and the lobbies are almost instant. My son who is survivor main has to wait a lot longer to get in the lobby.

We are in Australia.  

I just waited for a lobby at rank 11 for 10 minutes before finding a game... After rank reset.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Complete buffs to the killers as survivors are very much loved at the minute. Give the killer mains buffs.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited February 2019

@NoShinyPony said:

@Poweas said:

If you have an idea for a NOED rework, you could open a thread for that. :)

Already have I got another where people became super toxic but I won't show that. Here's the nice thread. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/40172/reasonable-nerfs-to-noed-and-adrenaline-but-a-buff-to-brutal-strength-and-deja-vu#latest

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    The only thing I need to play more matches as killer a day....is the day should have more than 24 hours  :p