The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What would make you play more often as killer?

There are probably some of you who would play more matches as a killer if it weren't for certain things...
I'd like to know what would need to change so that you guys would play killer more often. :)

That could be more bloodpoints, a rework of a specific perk/item/add-on...

Please share your thoughts with us!

Comments

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    My favorite role to play in any game is support/healer/team player, so there's not much that can be changed about killers to make me play more. I get more enjoyment from helping than hunting, even if I still play a lot of killer 
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

@DarkGGhost said:
    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

It's harder because it's unbalanced. I'd like to know what exactly makes people hesitate to play more killer matches. Perhaps they don't want to deal with DS, I don't know, that's why I am asking.

Maybe there are also people who don't need any game mechanics to change and who would be fine with just more bloodpoints.

I don't necessarily feel like it's harder per say but I think it's more of a frustration because as the killer you need to be more aware of time and what's happening during the match, it takes more muscle memory and brains to play killer because you have to know what the survivor is thinking in a chase without mind gaming yourself in the process and allowing more time for gens, but once you get used to playing killer and controlling your FOV properly then it's greatly rewarding and it's like riding a bike.

I think the people who don't like to play killer , don't like it simply because they're not used to it and they may have tried it before and ran into deranked players or just didn't like that it was a learning process and they just throw it down and go off of how easily they are killed when they cry "killers are OP"
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I wish more killers had unique breaking/vaulting/etc animations.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

Just the endgame, really. I never understand why they don't add a timer or give up option after the gates are open.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I tend to play a few games as each and then switch between them, I do spend more time on survivor though.

I think the weaker killers could use some work. Once you get to the high ranks you tend to use a few select killers mostly, having more feasible killer variety would encourage me to play more killer.
  • mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited February 2019

@Master said:
    Swf balance 
    Proper ranking system with rewards

This^

I'm in the red ranks as killer and the matches are much harder than a match at rank 15 would be, but I'm getting the same reward? It kind of sucks and it doesn't make sense to keep punishing myself.

Also echoing the SWF balance issue. It's bonkers.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

I don't mind playing killer tbh, it only becomes hard when i face that one team that knows what their doing through comms. Other than that it is usually a cakewalk for me.

Survivor is the same thing basically, i like to play a more gen-rush and evader kind of character. So i would sometimes focus on generators and am able to switch focus when the killer is chasing me.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@DarkGGhost said:
    The truth is most survivors don't like a killer because it's way harder and demand so many skills ( main killer)

Truth is I don't like first person view and Killer is only that

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

LOL
  • DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@Paddy4583 said:
    DarkGGhost said:

LOL

What ?

• DarkGGhost

@NoShinyPony said:

@DarkGGhost said:

It's harder because it's unbalanced. I'd like to know what exactly makes people hesitate to play more killer matches. Perhaps they don't want to deal with DS, I don't know, that's why I am asking.

Maybe there are also people who don't need any game mechanics to change and who would be fine with just more bloodpoints.

My guess is they don't like the gen rush, survivors that loop almost infinite and the bad map design.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DarkGGhost said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    DarkGGhost said:

LOL

What ?

Toxic nea cant accept that :wink:

• DarkGGhost

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    DarkGGhost said:

LOL

What ?

Toxic nea cant accept that :wink:

Toxic Hag can tho

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited February 2019

My main Gripe when playing Killer is SWF, It's pushed me away from the game if I'm honest since I don't really play survivor. It's just not a fun experience and sadly it's become the majority of my games.

Something that would make me play more killer more would be if it were less Stressful, Killer takes a lot of skill and concentration and a good team can be draining to try and keep up with. This is another reason why I can only play 2 or 3 killer games before closing the game for the day.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Bongbingbing said:
    My main Gripe when playing Killer is SWF, It's pushed me away from the game if I'm honest since I don't really play survivor. It's just not a fun experience and sadly it's become the majority of my games.

Something that would make me play more killer more would be if it were less Stressful, Killer takes a lot of skill and concentration and a good team can be draining to try and keep up with. This is another reason why I can only play 2 or 3 killer games before closing the game for the day.

Thanks for being honest! Are you "only" bothered by the fact that SWF is unbalanced and the survivors are often bringing very strong perks and items? I assume you sometimes feel like you don't have a fair chance in winning, correct?

Or are you bothered as well by the toxic behaviour of some SWF groups?

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2019

I play something like 70/30 for survivor/killer. I just get bored of playing 2 viable killers that I enjoy (I hate playing Nurse) or mid tier killers with purple+ addons. Weekends I try my hardest to not play killer as its not enjoyable to constantly play vs +3man CWF with multiple DS and all running Adrenalines.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@NoShinyPony said:

@Bongbingbing said:

Thanks for being honest! Are you "only" bothered by the fact that SWF is unbalanced and the survivors are often bringing very strong perks and items? I assume you sometimes feel like you don't have a fair chance in winning, correct?

Or are you bothered as well by the toxic behaviour of some SWF groups?

I'd say it's a mix of all of those. The Unbalance being the biggest of the three, If the unbalance weren't there the Items and perks wouldn't be as bad aside from the likes of DS which is its own problem.

The toxic behavior I've come to learn is part of the game since it's so common, I try to pay it no mind. I wish there was a rating system at the end of a game that would factor into match making :lol: to keep the toxic people together.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I forgot something.

I enjoy winning, and I don't enjoy camping and tunneling.

So why would I play Killer? ;)

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Neas with DS who mori all the other survivors before I can get to them. >:c

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

More bloodpoints would make it better. If I did not have BBQ on all my killers I would play killer WAY less. I remember the dark days before BBQ.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@chemical_reject said:
    Brady said:

@DarkGGhost said:

I'd play killer if it was 3rd person. 1st person games make me really motion sick. That's the sole reason I cant/won't play killer. 

Have you tried running Wraith's Shadowborn perk to see if it helps? I know some have troubles with nurse and have said that perk helps with her.

• greylurker
    greylurker Member Posts: 6

A lot of People like being scared. That's a lot of the fun of a horror movie is the jump scares. You don't get that as the killer.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Sometimes it can be a bit stressful and just not in the mood for it, but I'd say better framerate would make it better
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If the game was more balanced we'd see more killers. As a survivor you can make so many mistakes and get multiple second chances, but one mistake on killer and that costs you the game.

• NoShinyPony

@Blueberry said:
    If the game was more balanced we'd see more killers.

Yup. I am hoping that some people give detailed examples of what they personally find unbalanced (SWF or a certain perk or a certain item...).

I'd be interested in knowing what exactly bothers people most and what would need to change so that they play more killer.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2019

Better queue times

• NoShinyPony

@Mc_Harty said:
    Better queue times

Really? For me it's the opposite. I get instant lobbies as killer and have to wait quite some time when I want to play survivor.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    I wish there were more scary Killers like Myers in the game. I play him because literally no other k8ller can help give off the oh ######### vibe if he grabs someone off a gen.

He is nowhere the best, but god damn are 8 m heartbeats fun to mess with people
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@NoShinyPony said:
    Really? For me it's the opposite. I get instant lobbies as killer and have to wait quite some time when I want to play survivor.

You should come to Australia sometime.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

Generators don't take long enough to finish, meaning matches are incredibly quick which makes them very stressful. If generators took longer and/or survivors had additional objectives, it would be much more enjoyable, for both sides I think because then survivors could earn more BP as well. Also DS and NOED are really unfun to play against (I know this is about playing killer but I can't talk about thinking 1 should go without mentioning the other -- they both need to go) but it wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the fact that it wastes precious time that you don't have as a killer. In my opinion, every issue comes down to the generators.

• NoShinyPony

@knell
    You worded that very well.
    Are you by any chance playing on PS4?

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    edited February 2019

Losing as Killer feels like crap. Dealing with coordinated SWF is one of the worst gaming experiences I've had, the tbagging at the gates just rubs it in.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

@NoShinyPony said:
    @knell
    You worded that very well.
    Are you by any chance playing on PS4?

I am.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

@chemical_reject said:
    Brady said:

@DarkGGhost said:

I'd play killer if it was 3rd person. 1st person games make me really motion sick. That's the sole reason I cant/won't play killer. 

Have you tried running Wraith's Shadowborn perk to see if it helps? I know some have troubles with nurse and have said that perk helps with her.

Yea. Stuff likes that helps it slightly but really it's the speed at which u have to move ur camera around to keep up with survivors. It's so blurry and the music gets so intense that after about 10 minutes my head starts aching. 

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

DS getting rework/nerf.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited February 2019

I'd simply want more complex strategies to be available to killers.

• Following survivors
    • Trying to cut them off
    • "Backing"
    • "Double backing"
    • Red glow manipulation
    • Gen-pressure
    • Slugging
    • Pallet faking

After a while you've seen it all.

You don't feel respected as a killer, you don't feel feared. You feel like a nanny.

On top of that there's frame-rate issue and locked low-max sensitivity on console.

For me it's mainly those 3 things.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@greylurker said:
    A lot of People like being scared. That's a lot of the fun of a horror movie is the jump scares. You don't get that as the killer.

Actually playing killer is the scary part of this game, my biggest jumpscare in DBD was a claudette jumping out of a shadow and dropping a pallet on me. The onyl killer you need to be scared of are the god nurses, but they are really rare.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited February 2019

When my friend cannot play.
    I prefer playing killer than solo survivor, which is very frustrating and I got too used to play with someone, I feel too alone when I solo survivor...

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

@Master said:

@greylurker said:

Actually playing killer is the scary part of this game, my biggest jumpscare in DBD was a claudette jumping out of a shadow and dropping a pallet on me. The onyl killer you need to be scared of are the god nurses, but they are really rare.

I'd argue differently, Myers is a pretty scary killer at times knowing that he can pop tier 3 at any passing moment and you're kept on edge as you constantly look around (this is especially true for scratched mirror, it isn't strong but it's a scary one) and spirit is also pretty nice for getting a scare on people especially if you're running prayer beads. Hag and pig can scare some players.

Regarding the OP ;
    Now, for me I already play roughly 60-70% killer but one thing that would get me away from my small pool of killers is to give the lesser killers (Legion, Leatherface, Pig, Trapper, Doctor and Clown) some attention with reworks or buffs respectively to make them more fun for both sides and/or also more viable. Every other killer is mostly fine with the exception of some tweaks to their powers every here and there and adjustments to some of their addons. If you did that, I can at least assure you I would move onto using more than just mostly Spirit and Wraith.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

The only thing that puts me off playing killer is voice comms.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

People stopping DCing or suiciding for whatever reason. Even just one kinda ruins the match for me, and with some killers that is too common (like the Doctor, which is one of my favourites).

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@NoShinyPony said:
    There are probably some of you who would play more matches as a killer if it weren't for certain things...
    I'd like to know what would need to change so that you guys would play killer more often. :)

That could be more bloodpoints, a rework of a specific perk/item/add-on...

Please share your thoughts with us!

1st of all gen rush. this event has proven that gen rush is now more of a problem than at any time before and making gen timer for 20s longer is necesary! devs must balance the game on rank 1 not on rank 20! rank 20 is new to the game ofc they will suffer and will need experience to be better ffs!
    2nd of all, there's too many safe pallets and too many L into T wall windows. if you make it so survivors can vault 2 times before the window gets blocked by the entity that's perfect, 3 times is too much.
    3rd of all DS, insta heals, toolboxes, SB... too many 2nd chance perks and add ons which make your game miserable. chasing one survivor for a min or 2 then he uses ds and there goes another 2-3 mins which mins 4-5 gens are done. Devs need to put longer gen time at least on ptb so we can give feedback (not baby survivor mains who need 17 2nd chances to escape, but real good dbd players) on it. I think that would solve a lot of problems and games would not be so frustrating, that when u get 1 hook 3 gens pop. it's stupid!
    (and for all of you who say that there are like 48% of the games where killer gets at least 2 kills, that's because of noed and survivors being too alturistic when exit gates are opened. they just cannot let 1 survivor die, they rather give 2k or even 3k to a killer instead of him only having 1k.