Thanatophobia shouldn't work on broken survivors

Options

What the title says. There's no reason for it, the survivor is penalized for not healing when they literally can't heal.

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,102
    Options

they can heal. its called using fountains.

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145
    Options

Never seen a fountain against a legion that gives you broken status effect. This isn't just for plague, is in general.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    edited September 2022
    Options

So should thana also not work for hooked, downed or even chased survivors? They also cannot heal.

Broken and thana have synergy and its ok. I would only change it if it would be broken. And it isnt. The penalty is weak if not everyone is injured. You can also counter the broken-addon (legion) and other things which afflict broken.

• Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479
    Options

At this point rework thana like this: "this perk does nothing at all! Equip it onlly if you want to waste a slot!"

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 438
    edited September 2022
    Options

Broken is a status effect that is only ever applied when the survivor is injured, Thanataphobia apply's a penalty to injured survivor's, math check's out. The killer's spending an add-on and a perk slot to make a synergy that's the reason for it, otherwise the perk would be used way less now than it currently is.

If you see it happening in a legion match just get mended by another survivor so you can heal, that's the literal trade-off of the pin add-on's, if the killer's using forced penance then don't take protection hit's. There's some other killer add-on's that apply broken but they pretty much don't run thana so it's rarely a synergy outside of Legion.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,071
    Options

Broken doesn't last forever unless you are running No Mither. It's not really a problem that thana works with broken.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

And sometimes being broken is the survivor's fault if they're running no mither Or just use their deliverance or for the people So no I would say that being broken should not make you immune to Thanatophobia

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,610
    Options

Thana already got butchered into the ground. It doesn’t need any more nerfs.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 404
    Options

This type of discussions are so dumb, honestly.

Is like posting a discussion and in the title says... NERF CALM SPIRIT BECAUSE MAKES DOCTOR POWER USELESS.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

Agreed. I also see no reason to nerf thana any more.

Actually I would turn around last thana nerf (somebody already suggested it before me) to slow gen progress slower by any additional wounded survivor (like 6% for 1, 11% for 2, 15% for 3 and 18% for 4 injured). That way it's usable on more killers then just plague (and maybe legion).

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,089
    edited September 2022
    Options

They just need to change the way No Mither works. Remove the injured state. Either the survivor is healthy or they are dying.

No more telling the killer you have the perk from the very start. (The killer will still know you can pick yourself up if you go down in 1 hit and they hadn't Exposed you first, which helps counter Exposed in that regard: the killer may assume the 1-shot is from Exposed and leave you on the ground to chase someone else.)

No more free Blood Orbs for Oni.

No more getting matched against killers with Thanatophobia every single time I use this perk.

----

This also means the devs are a step closer to showing survivors each other's perks in lobby, since the suvivors will have less reason to dodge No Mither users.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 725
    Options

But I like No Mither being the best worse perk in the game, it promotes Hardcore dbd Survivor mode.

Although if you want to make it better, make it so that you are not broken at the beginning of the match until you get hook for the first time, so that killers would not immediately seek you out and tunnel you out of the game immediately, st the beginning of the game.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

Why make thanatophobia even more for killers like the legion and the plague?

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,231
    Options

Thana is terrible why nerf it even more

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

If anything, Thana should be buffed to include dead Survivors.

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145
    Options

I don't see it as dumb, it provides a good discusion and it clears up stuff from all parties that choose to participate.

I like your idea for no mither.

Can't agree there, if it was terrible people wouldn't run it and you see it a lot.

I like that the post got traction and people were able to voice their opinions, even if they don't share it with me.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,231
    edited September 2022
    Options

You see it some still because people generally don't keep up with perk changes there are so many stronger options. 3 stacks adds up to 5.7s to a gen and 4 stacks adds 22.5s, but when do you actually get 4 stacks besides maybe on legion/plague for a few seconds. There are too many healing options for it to have any impact.