Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

99% of the problems in Solo Q arise from the 2 survivor broken end game.

SilentShepherd
SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

The snitching on teammates, the working with killer, the point farming, the toxic behavior, the hiding for 20 minutes because neither survivor can touch a gen without killer knowing,

it all stems from the completely broken and unplayable end game mehcanic when 2 survivors are left and nothing can be done until 1 of them dies and you try for hatch or exit gate.

I just had a game where a teammate and me were healing at the end, killer terror radius started, i hide in a locker, and teammate starts spam opening the locker I am in, to get me killed. Killer hooks me, lets the traitor go. There was a 2nd locker right next to mine. He could have hid with me. Instead he took his chances at being a snitch and hope the killer lets him go. Which is exactly what happened. How pissed off do you think I was? Fun experience? No

BHVR, this needs to be your #1 priority. Drop everything and fix this

Post edited by SilentShepherd on

Comments

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

When this happens I'll just try to get killer as soon as possible, report whoever is griefing and move on. It's bad when this happens, I agree.

If everyone involved is ok with this, then I have no problem. But when I'm not in the mood for it, you're just getting a report and I'll move on.

• SilentShepherd

Again, if you have bad teammates, BUT BHVR FIXES THE BROKEN END GAME - then it doesn't matter, because there is still something you can do. Do you even understand? You don't get it

You're posting about bad teammates. If BHVR fixes the broken end game, it won't matter. But BECAUSE of the broken end game, bad teammates ruin the entire match. You can never control having good or bad teammates, or how skilled someone is. That is a much bigger obstacle to fix than to just re-design the end game and fix the broken 2 survivor end game.

• BradQuackson
    BradQuackson Member Posts: 385

Its not reportable if the game is justifiably over and they want to give a certain person hatch, however if they did it at 5 gens with 4 survivors left, then yes.

• SilentShepherd
    edited September 2022

I wouldn't care of the griefing if the Killer would just kill BOTH of us. If my teammate griefed me, and the killer came and killed both of us, I'd say oh well, he got us both killed. And in future, people wouldn't do this ######### because they know Killer will kill them too.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
  • SilentShepherd

The 3rd person had just died, me and my teammate went to a boon to heal, killer came, I went into locker to hide from patrol, teammate spam open locker to show where we were, in hopes that killer would let him go instead. Which is exactly what happened.

• SuzuKR

Uh, how did a third person die if there’s still you and your teammate???

• SilentShepherd
    edited September 2022

The 3rd person had just died, me and my teammate went to a boon to heal, killer came, I went into locker to hide from patrol, teammate spam open locker to show where we were, in hopes that killer would let him go instead. Which is exactly what happened.

• SilentShepherd

There are four survivors yes. I am labeling them 1-4, as in giving them names "1st survivor" etc.... Third one just died. Two left.

• SilentShepherd
    edited September 2022

It does fix the problem. Because it doesn't matter what quality of teammates I get, I can do SOMETHING when there are only 2 survivors left. I can do something to try and escape using my skill. It puts my destiny into my own hands. It makes the game more fun.

Right now, two survivors left = don't even touch a gen because killer will know and kill you. There is literally nothing to do.

• SuzuKR

Okay, so then report them for working together in that situation? But in pretty much any other scenario, you should go and repair.

• SuzuKR

The killer dominated you all. You are not meant to have a good chance of survival at all. That would be literally rewarding survivors for failing and punishing the killer for doing well.

• SilentShepherd
    edited September 2022

You're a killer main. I can tell because of how you don't care about how it's impossible to repair anything when 2 survivors are left.

You know this.

2 survs are left = killer patrols remaining gens = if you touch a gen it's death.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,612

Right, but what changes are you suggesting?

I'm with you that the two-survivor endgame is annoying. It's not the biggest solo queue problem, but it's annoying. What did you have in mind to fix it? I'm genuinely curious!

• SilentShepherd

I'm not getting paid a yearly salary to come up with changes. This game needs attention and their currently employees need to come up with it. They're the ones getting paid.

• SilentShepherd

No that's not fair, this is a video game and people want to have fun. If killer dominated the bad teammates, the good survivor should be able to have a CHANCE at doing something to escape. Right now touching a gen with 2 survs left is death.

• SilentShepherd

There was a 2nd locker right next to me. He could have hid with me. Instead he took his chances at being a snitch, because everyone knows 2 survivor end game is hopeless.

Nice try on the victim blaming though.

• SilentShepherd
    edited September 2022

It's team play when your team snitches on you to killer in hopes of being allowed to escape, because the 2 man survivor end game is broken?

• BradQuackson

Not if the game is considered "over" and hatch is def going to be how the game is decided doesn't make it bannable!

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Nah, telling the killer where your teammate is is strictly against the rules. Selling someone out to the killer is always reportable, no matter what the circumstances are - the only time it might even slightly be a grey area is if that player was also blatantly breaking the rules. (The fine print is that pointing at a locker or beckoning the killer to follow you is deliberate teaming - running the killer towards someone is not, even if you're totally doing it on purpose.)

But people in game tend to do it anyway because a.) the report system is completely defunct so nobody fears it and b.) most players dislike hiders. So your realistic options are to either record every match and report that way, or do something other than waiting for your teammate to die. Which is also just a healthier thing to do in general.

• SilentShepherd
    edited September 2022

Saying "you hide a lot" is funny, it takes TOO LONG to do a generator before the patrol comes back. BHVR even increased gen times in the recent patch. There is no chance at repairing the remaining generators with 2 survivors left. The Killer will simply kill whoeever he finds first, which is whoeever touches a gen first. At this point, you might as well just walk up to a hook and tell the killer to kill you. It's broken game design.

Should every Solo Q game just give up when 2 teammates die? "Ah damn, there goes our 2nd teammate, we need to give up, games over" ??? No this needs to be fixed.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

My solo queue strat is ABM1.

ALWAYS BE M1'ING.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

My question, was there a second locker right beside yours they could have gone into?

I will assume not, but YOU made a mistake, the proper play was to split and go in different directions to create a 50/50.

If your teammate sees you go into a locker like that you are essentially selling them out to be bait.

At that point you are no longer my teammate and have become my nemesis. In the ancient traditions of my people you must be destroyed and i will gladly give my life to the cause to see your tyranny ended.

If your gonna play scummy dont let people see you do it

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

Ok. Here's the thing. You are always hiding hoping the other person dies in this scenario.

If a 2v1 occurs and 2+ gens are left, the killer stomped yall. It's supposed to be a bad situation. If this happens, loot a chest hope for a tool box. If no box, it's time to do gens. You don't hold a game hostage.

As far as the situation... I will always kill snitches. A lot of other killers do to.

Parting: insulting everyone who disagrees with you, and calling literally any person who doesn't a killer main... probably isn't helpful to your cause. Good luck in the fog.

• SilentShepherd

There was a 2nd locker right next to me. He could have hid with me. Instead he took his chances at being a snitch, because everyone knows 2 survivor end game is hopeless.

• BradQuackson

I don't see where posting something about taking the game hostage is wrong? If I already made up my mind on giving someone hatch and I find and kill the other survivor with 3 gens left that is not bannable, the game is over, they are going to lose.

• SuzuKR

I meant the survivors that were hiding and doing nothing.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 992

Killer then knows where you are, downs you and leaves you to bleed out while they run round endlessly to find S4 who, very rightly, doesn't want to buy into the trap and rescue you.

A good time for all, not.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I don’t get it, would it have mattered if they did this at the start instead of the end?

I get it’s frustrating when someone is being unsportsmanlike and working with the killer, but the devs literally cannot make that player not do what they want. You can report them and there is a chance that they can get banned.