Solo queue is utterly intolerable.

Options

Comments

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Yeah, i don't particularly want to have to stop what i'm doing to have to reactively mute people for screaming about how they're getting tunnelled, talking with their twitch chat, griefing, listening to loud music, or whatever other auditory vomit is getting spewed. This game doesn't have enough accountability nor enough of a mature community for me to assume random comms will always be clean and civil.

• BradQuackson
    BradQuackson Member Posts: 385
    Options

Distortions very strong in this current meta!

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,175
    Options

It's not only skill issue soloQ survivors does not have same level of information than swf.

• Ryuhi
    Options

You can get that kind of info from the perks that are already in the game that people refuse to use because they claim they won't give you that type of info. I still see people call Windows a crutch perk for bad survivors, even though its honestly better for good players than it is for bad ones simply due to the secondary info it provides. Aura perks can give a lot more info then they are designed around specifically just by using simple deductive reasoning and having game sense.

....And thats exactly the problem with a lot of these suggestions. You'd be buffing good players more than bad players, which leads to bad players still ruining good players games but making it easier for good players to hold a bigger advantage over killers simultaneously. That kind of balance oversight is how you make more problems as you introduce solutions to previous ones.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

I agree, it is flawed and bad design but its how it is. Its why you see from time to time, those survivor 'teammates' who leave the first second they can, when you've just ran the killer for 3 gens and got first hooked w/ Kindred up.

This is where I disagree with you. Of course they can try things out, thats the whole reason of experimenting on PTB and seeing if its healthy for the game or there needs to be tweaks made. They could also provide a caution or note to PTB users that these changes aren't final and no way indicates that VC would be coming to the live versions of the game. Massive backlash? They get a ton of that as it is, for changes they do or do not make, that the community thinks they should. Again, if they pointed out this is just for experimenting and data collection, I don't see where any valid backlash would come from, besides unrealistic and entitled people.

Why would people ragequit MORE with voice chat, especially in an experimental phase on PTB that they knowingly launched into? I mean, I've seen valid and objective feedback from people regarding perks, killers, animations, etc so whats to make me think people wouldn't be able to give reasonable feedback about voice chat?

Yes and its time to step away from the whole 'we dont want players to have comms!' approach because it doesn't work. Its been evidenced for years that solo que has been awful because we are so far behind in balance in comparison to SWFs. And considering most new players are solo, not SWFs, they will get turned away from this game even more since they can't communicate coupled with little to no game knowledge. A FoV slider in this game when there's a perk for it? How dare you! Yes so give those people who want to opt out the ability to opt out. If you want to keep playing your matches with 0 comms, go for it. But leave VC in the game for the people who want to try using it. You're acting like VC shouldn't be implemented because some people won't use it. That isn't a reason not to have VC in the game. I don't care if you don't want to use it, there will be many many people who will.

SWF's can provide all that info from those info perks in less than 15 seconds to their team. They don't have to run any of those info perks to get that information to their teammates. Exactly, they have someone relay the info. So they don't have to run the perks. Whereas a solo player does have to run those perks to get that same info. If you've ever been in a strong/organized SWF, you'll know discordance does not do much. You'll likely still hear what you need to hear. You'll also know a strong/organized SWF doesn't bring these info gathering perks, although what you say is true where people get assigned diifferent roles, its not like 1 person is chosen and forced to bring info gathering perks, they 99% of the time all run very strong/meta perks. I also never said relaying info is the same as 4 people having that info at all times so I don't know where that came from.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

The worst part are the mandatory perks for me, it's annoying because I have 2 free perk slots at best between kindred, OTR and possibly perks to heal myself, I know it has been said 1 million times but seriously kindred should be basekit, imagine not seeing your team when someone is on hook

• Ryuhi
    Options

I literally just explained how thats not how it is, but sure. Again, its operating under the assumption that survivors objectives are in any way at odds with one another, when they aren't at all. It gets used as an excuse for people to play selfish or make stupid plays all the time, but it is not in your best interests as you are not in opposition with one another in any way based on the game's design. The only exception to that would be when two people are holding each other hostage waiting for the other to die so they can go for hatch, which is exactly the type of standoff that BHVR has tried removing from the game multiple times (funny how they usually involve the hatch, btw.)

The PTB is a great reason for why it doesn't work. PTB is supposed to be for actual feedback and statistics, and it is abysmal at both. It is basically just a preview taste for upcoming DLC at this point, and stuff like wesker's collision is a great recent example of how bad feedback and bad reactions intersect. The only good the userbase does at playtesting is finding how to break stuff as much as possible, like when CoH was allowed to stack and overlap, survivors could stack 5 (I think it ended up being that many, didn't count) endurance effects in a row, and so on. Its basically a last second "I hope we didn't overlook anything big" dry run where the userbase has no progression or penalties to really worry about, not an actual controlled test environment.

I think you might have misunderstood my ragequit comment, i was talking about if it was tested and then removed. People ragequit constantly to ruin games "out of protest" ever since Legion's PTB. It ebbs and flows but there are people who try to ruin everyone's game over changes they don't like, even just specific killers existing. It was adding to the point of why you can't really introduce and then remove things like that, because the userbase simply isn't mature enough to handle your decision after the test.

There are plenty of people who play at various levels who think no comms is perfectly fine. You're allowed to be one of the ones who disagrees, but you're also not the one who needs to rebalance and rewrite all of the code in the game to change away from that. Maybe DBD2 will have comms built in, but it would be a horrendously bad idea to have to rewrite the entire game to balance around it now. Or are you suggesting half the game get made obsolete and worthless regardless of the change? Or patchwork adjust a few things and leave the rest? BHVR made their bed when they decided to put SWF in and make them a single queue without separating them or giving any way of opting in or out, and there are much less invasive adjustments that can be done to alleviate the issue. That said, player skill (read: not just mechanical, mental and strategic most importantly) can more than compensate for the majority of the game as intended. People seem to forget that you're supposed to get games that you have little to no chance of winning based purely on how the game is designed around averages: There are just too many aspects designed to change the game rules around giving you a massive advantage, be they perks, addons, swf, or killers themselves. Its a big part of why solo queue complaints fall on deaf ears to me, its people assuming that they are supposed to win every single game they play well, which is anathema to DBD itself.

The last comment im not really going to address more than the fact you focused on what swf has that you don't, ignored the technicalities involved that I spelled out for you, and instead you tried to imply ignorance on my behalf to try to discredit my explanation. If you honestly don't understand how giving players info at basekit with visual representation is different than swf's having to constantly communicate that info to each other, I don't think I'm going to be able to get much more through (and I don't mean that as an insult, btw.)

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Lol. Yep, they do.

The thing is that from survivors it is required to be top-tier pro gamer to win the game, while not for the killer. Killer demolish casual people (which is majority, me included) and rocket up to high MMR to top players, where his is being wipe floor with his face, because he doesn't deserve that MMR level with no skill.

All in all, survivors are requested to be super strong experienced team, but killer does not.

• Ryuhi
    edited September 2022
    Options

It used to only work when you were the one on the hook, and people somehow managed for years. People still manage without it today.

Also hot take, OTR is not mandatory, and DS/BT weren't before. People are allowed to think they have great value and use them because of it, but no perk has ever been even close to mandatory for the survivor role, the closest they ever get is when survivors are so unwilling to deal with a situation they feel like they must be mandatory. Technically no killer perks have gotten to that point either, but they've certainly gotten a lot closer due to how much variety there is between each killer, their powers, and their addons.

You could make a better case for hag or trapper needing corrupt intervention than you can for survivors needing any perk at any point in DBD's history. There are perks that can easily get as much value, but not demand as much necessity.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

It really is that bad. Why do you think it's complained about constantly?? I see complaints about it on Reddit, Steam, here, etc. It's a big issue right now. We need to give solo players more info in a match. Will it solve everything? Nope... it's a start though!

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

But it is how it is. Otherwise you wouldn't have people immediately leaving the second gates get powered. They don't have to be at odds with one another, they just have no incentive to get out with their 'teammates'. They aren't rewarded more for it and thats why so many players don't care to help each other or even progress the game, because in the end, the only thing that matters is they escape. You may disagree with that all you want, but unless you're playing with friends and trying your best to get out together, it just aint a reality in solo que.

PTB can work, its shown to have worked (where they've seen the feedback, taken it and applied changes because of it) and whether or not we agree on if it does work or not doesn't matter. Its still the only place we can test VC on, without affecting live servers. And if you're acting like people won't hit the forums with valid feedback (yes some emotional) and the staff won't read it, Idk what to tell ya.

Just because you're scared or worried about how some entitled and immature people take a decision to remove a tool that was specified to be only for a limited time & experimental/data collection purposes, isn't warrant enough not to try it in the first place and see for yourself. There are also a lot of people who will not riot or throw a temper tantrum about it, but I guess we ignore the other side of it and just focus on all the hypothetical negatives right?

People do not ragequit constantly to ruin games "out of protest" in regards to Legion's PTB. People ragequit for all sorts of stupid reasons and tying it down to one little category that is barely even a point just to fit your narrative when all it is, really is an assumption, because you don't know for certain why each and every person 'ragequits' or d/c's.

You're right, I'm not the coder. I'm the player. And if you're also telling me it takes 5+ years to write in voice chat or even a version of it for it to be tested out on the PTB, then we can agree to stop talking here. I'm not suggesting that at all, but if you don't want to use voice chat and/or you don't have a microphone, that isn't my problem. Are you suggesting that because some people don't want to use voice chat and/or don't have microphones, that tool not be made accessible to the people who do want to use it? In terms of BHVR and SWF, yes what they did was fundamentally stupid and its incredibly tough to wiggle out of without them taking grand risks, which they just aren't willing to experiment with.

I didn't ignore the technicalities, you tried to make them seem more than they are to fit the narrative you're pushing. I didn't imply ignorance at all, I simply brought up how good/strong SWFs don't have an issue with 'discordance' or multiple people yelling things out (since they are very used to it) and can hear what they need to hear. Again I never said those two were the same - info at basekit w/ visual rep vs SWF communicating that info, so IDK why you keep bringing that up.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited September 2022
    Options

With BT becoming basekit i think it shows that perk's effects can become basekit. Some general perks effects could be made basekit for solo players without hindering the balance of the game :

• DARK SENSE : see aura of killer for 3 seconds if someone finish a gen, killer + all other survivors for 6 secs if you finished a gen
    • HOPE : gain the haste effect until chased
    • KINDRED : see the aura of killer and teamates BUT only work for you, if you want to reveal the aura to others you still need to equip the perk
    • NO ONE LEFT BEHIND : the aura reading part up to 64 m to infinite

• Ryuhi
    Options

I honestly can't tell if you're misunderstanding my points, or misrepresenting them to have something to go after. gl in the fog i guess.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,910
    Options

Solo Q could do with some quality of life changes, and I certainly empathise with your experiences. Without knowing the abilities of your team mates, it's hard to know whether the match will be a throwaway or not. Or what level in relation to you they are.

I'd be all for an adaption to the HUD: having some sort of icon to show what action a survivor is currently involved in would be useful, without heavily hitting killer.

My concerns of VC are that I prefer playing solo q without comms and enjoy the immersion. If I have some 10 year old bleating down VC at me to do something I feel is wrong, then it's only going to become irritating. Also, not having VC active may get up the noses of some players, who would then BM out of spite.

Thinking of the HUD, I'd even think something as simple as every survivor gets the "obsession" effect to their HUD on the side, so you always know who the killer is near, would provide enough information to make a difference.

I actually really enjoy solo q, but it sounds like I'm luckier in my trials overall, and I love the challenge of a hard game.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

Yeah well i disagree I don't really care about previous years game is better now we can improve it, tunneling someone without OTR is so free, yes I can play without it and maybe killer will play nicely but what if he play to win ? you're such a free target without anti tunnel perks

I can play without kindred too and waste 1 min to go unhook because someone is going at the same time, it just sucks, seeing your team is so basic it should be basekit, without killer's aura if it's too op I don't care but in solo q you need to see your team

• Ryuhi
    edited September 2022
    Options

You know how you avoid being a target while not taking anti-tunnel perks? get better at wasting the killer's time. You'd be amazed how many killers will refuse to commit to a strong survivor because they'd rather go after a weaker one, its one of the key aspects to tunneling one out asap. The best anti-tunnel is literally getting better at looping and routing your chases.

Just like how developing your deductive reasoning and game sense is how you avoid needing information on what everyone is doing at all times. If someone is on a hook and you hear a gen pop, you know that its likely that the last person is in chase or going for the save, and you can then use the killer's TR (or lack thereof) to have an idea of whether they are close to you or not. Someone gets injured, you know the killer is either chasing the free radical or just closed in on the gen that just completed. You can also assume the person who just finished the gen will likely be going for the save, since they just finished their gen and need to relocate to find another anyway. These are all reads you can be making to fill in the gaps of missing information without needing a little icon of a pair of sneakers over dwight's head to tell you he's in chase or whatever other spoons people need shoved in their mouth. Good players can already deduce these types of things with a pretty decent degree of accuracy just by ruling out the impossible at any given time. Honestly making reads is one of my favorite aspects of the game, but i play grapplers in fighting games so i guess i'm just built different.

Edit: Also for the record, I absolutely support kindred on solo queue survivors, and think its an incredibly valuable tool because it bolsters that level of game sense by giving you even more deductions you can make with its info, same with Windows/Empathy/Bond/Aftercare/Alert. I still don't think they're necessary, but their value gets even better the more you can use that known to start estimating further unknowns.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited September 2022
    Options

Thats literally another excuse and doesn't make any sense. Bruh, if you're getting smashed by a "casual killer" you were never skilled in the first place, regardless of MMR. If a "casual" killer is jumping up the MMR ladder that means SURPRISE They AREN'T CASUALS!!! Gasp*

Just like a high rank MMR survivor isn't....GASP a Casual!

"But muh....survivor require skill ta win da game"

^ If that was the case No one would ever rank up in MMR everyone would be the same....like actually think about what you're saying from a logical standpoint instead of

"DEY BAD, ME GUD!"

All I do is play solo queue, and as a MEGA casual survivor I still win a majority of my games as survivor. I get to watch you clowns from both angles. As a killer I see you solo queues do stuff from first person mode.

As a survivor I get to watch you clowns waste 90% of the time of the game trying to decide if you want to do an objective or not..

I get to watch you not save people sitting 50 feet away from you while im on the other side of the map. I get to watch you make excuses in post game chat and curse out the killer for doing his job...which is to kill you. I get to watch you clowns do ULTRA dumb ######### like sit out in the middle of open space wearing the brightest neon colors possible and then act surprised after you get KD'd in 30 seconds after the match JUST STARTED! The gameplay loop of a survivor hasn't changed in this game for half a decade. The only thing I've seen change are the excuses.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited September 2022
    Options

Their point is that killer requires less skill. Which is true,i also play both and have much more success on killer. It's a lot easier to play because you don't have to rely on random people for support. Hell my first few games of killer, when I'd never played before i absolutely stomped. Against players who definitely had more experience than me because I'd never played before. The learning curve for killers isuch more forgiving than for survivors.

The whole point of this thread is to find decent suggestions to help mitigate clowns doing ultra dumb stuff as you put it. Rather than get toxic when someone says that killer is easier to play.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • Ryuhi
    edited September 2022
    Options

Killer doesn't require less skill, it just doesn't have 3 unknowns that can actively help or hurt your progress while being on your side. I would argue killer requires a lot more skill just by sheer virtue of how much you need to track and accomplish without support, let alone the nuances involved. I will absolutely say that you can win or lose either side regardless of how skilled you actually play, though. DBD is just that kinda nutty. I do also agree on trying to keep things more about how players can adjust rather than stir up us vs them stuff though.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Aren’t people already dodging because of ‘unacceptable’ prestige levels, though? What makes anyone think people wouldn’t dodge lobbies with perk builds? And I guess what does it even matter? There’s clearly a need for more survivor players but BHVR isn’t doing much to rectify it.

• Ryuhi
    Options

I think its more there's a difference between "fine" and "oh God what is this stygian horror i keep exposing myself to please devs close the necronomicon and banish this abomination you call solo queue"

It can certainly use some improvements, but most people want to take that inch and turn it into a mile.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,780
    Options

If they finally add information qol it'll improve

but honestly the past 2 months the iq of survivor players has dropped substantially I just laugh at the plays some people do

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

If you play to have fun it is unplayable.

If you play to win, it's unplayable.

• Ryuhi
    Options

I mean i kinda disagree there but i also play to improve which then turns into playing to have fun, but thats probably due to the subjective nature of "fun."

Playing to win is just unplayable in dbd in general. You're always going to get caught up on whatever cosmic reality decided to piss in your cornflakes in any given match, but thats the nature of a game that refuses to balance properly.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

What rank are you playing at? In my solo queue experience I don't get decent teammates until Silver at least, until then I mostly just try to pip up.

I'm not understanding what you have against BBQ as a perk? I haven't put it on once since the bloodpoint nerf, pretty much every other aura perk is better.

And while I understand some solo queue woes, my man stop and think. Notwithstanding the fact every killer game would be vs a 4-man swf and killers would have to be buffed accordingly do you really want integrated voice chat in this game? With this community?

Think about it.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

Cool, what are you giving killer to compensate for that staggeringly powerful package?

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    Options

The killer-main hypocrisy never gets old. When they lose to SWF they whine and complain that the game is unbalanced. When solo survivors get destroyed by killers they just say "nah, your teammates are just bad". And they say it to literally anyone who complains about solo, so looks like all solo players are bad. Solo players used to be god-like with 60% escape rate 2 years after the game release and then they all suddenly became "bad". Some killer mains don't even try to use their brain cells, why bother, all you have to do is spam m1 nowadays.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

So somebody says something you don't agree with, and you immediately just accuse them of being a killer main? That's sad.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

No I am not denying that people already don't do this, I am just saying I think it's a lame excuse if this is part of the reason holding it back.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I just got tunneled out of the only 2 matches I played today, I even brought in Kindred and it didn't do anything lol

I always thought Solo Q was bad, but this is the worst state I have ever seen it in.

• HoodedWildKard
    Options

So i finished last season iri 2 on both killer and survivor. Not indicative of my survivor skill in solo because 80% of my survivor games were swf.

Bbq just frustrates me it's unusual to see a killer who isn't using it and unless you have the foresight to jump in a locker everytime the killer hooks someone, which wastes a lot of time, killer always has a general idea of where you are. And i often see it combined with lethal pusuer and awakened awareness. The awakened awareness/bbq combo is particularly annoying. If you're close to the killer he spots you, if you're the other side of the map, he also spots you. With perk sharing it's hard to tell unless you run distortion whether these perks are being used until there have been a couple of hooks. One of the survivors main advantages is stealth and with aura reading they lose a lot of that advantage. Counterplaying bbq requires particular perks, distortion being the only one off hand i can think of. Or wasting time jumping in lockers or trying to get away from where you were spotted massively slowing down gen progress. And most solo q players i see will get caught out by it because they don't have the experience to avoid it. Yesterday i saw so many of my games tipped in the killers favour because he could beeline straight for distant survivors and a lot of them didn't know to move, over 50% of the games had this. You know what would help that? VC a more experienced survivor can say, "hey this killer has bbq and chilli, when he hooks someone, he knows where you are for 4 seconds. So move after he hooks or hide in a locker beforehand"

VC would not turn every game into a full co-ordinated sweaty swf team. As people have pointed out a lot of people wouldn't utilise it. But it would help some games and be invaluable for new players to learn some of the common tactics and ease that learning curve for them. Which would help retain newer players which is what every game needs. Getting steamrolled with 3/4ks in 80% of games is not fun, and the one escapee is usually a high prestige player who gives up helping people and plays for hatch when the game starts going south. It wouldn't unbalance the game, just give solo q survivors a bit more of a chance. People act like every swf team is a god tier looping, blinding bullying machine, and some are. My swf team is average, we escape individually maybe 30-50% of the time on average, and maybe 10-20% of our games see 3/4 survivals. It's an challenging experience, but an enjoyable one. Dying 15 games in a row with 13 of them being 3/4ks is not enjoyable in the slightest. It's not like I'm asking for overpowered basekit perks for survivors.

As for the toxicity unfortunately that is a part of social gaming. It is an issue on every game that utilises VC. Do they remove it? No. We have postgame text chat for PC players which is often pretty toxic, do they remove that? No. Tbh postgame chat is always going to be more salty because someone lost. There are mute functions. As long as they make the ui easy to use mid match, you see who's talking, press a button for a player list and mute that player, takes a couple seconds problem solved. If you REALLY have an issue with vc there is always a mute all function.

It is extremely rare to see a multiplayer game with no inbuilt chat function. Gaming is for a lot of people a social thing. Every time i see an xbox survivor in my lobby, whether I'm solo q or swf I'll usually drop an invite to party so we can talk and help each other. Some people ignore it, fair enough, others join and i haven't had a bad experience with that yet. In fact we've usually added each other and played again. We've helped each other out, been able to tweak our perks a little, taught each other mechanics and tactics. VC wouldn't always be positive, but it certainly wouldn't be detrimental. It definitely won't turn every team into a seal team 6 bully team of god loopers. But give newer players a fighting chance to pick up a few more survivals. Given that about 20-25% of a survivors total bloodpoints in a match are awarded simply for getting out alive, low survival rates for new players make their experience a very unpleasant one. Or even just give us a ping system or something. VC is my first choice but a simple ping system to alert players to totems, gens, killer location, ask for help or warn to stay away.

The ratio is similar whichever side of the game i play, I've been getting a little bored with killer because it's too easy, if i play clown or deathslinger i have a guaranteed easy match. Aside from the odd swf team of sweats. At least 70% of my games are 3/4k. And most of my potential 4ks i usually let the last survivor go, unless i have a challenge, they were toxic or they hid all game and never risked it to heal or rescue. And most killers don't do that.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Mutilating words, clowning and isulting opponent, especially knowing nothing about him, really brings up maturity. So sad.

I never said in any post that I am good, and I'm pretty sure I am at the bottom of survivor MMR (as I escape roughly 1 match out of then), although I have 1300h in the game. But what I do say and always repeat

a) why hundreds and hundreds of people I'm matched with are so bad too or maybe it's not the case? Everyone lose and lose, and I can't say I can accuse most of them of inefficiency (and especially call everyone clown and dumb... my god, it's so sad, have no words)

b) where are casual killers that match this low MMR, or

c) are all these huge group of players not allowed to play the role due to "skill issue" because it have to be high? (which even clown-lover supported in last part while insulting players).

But it all the questions for all the people here, not the one that calling everyone clown and dumb. Because I see only one clown here.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    Options

Yeah makes me want to quit dbd. I'm very tempted. I just wish I could get my money/time back from playing this awful game.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

nothing. Because those kind of changes do not need any compensation as they are here to change the balance of the trial but help Solo Q.

It's giving Solo informations that SWF can gather from communication. Not more, not less.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,364
    Options

Adding voice comms to the game would require setting voice comms as the standard that killers are balanced around. This means that survivors that choose not to use voice comms, or survivors with teammates that choose not to use voice comms, would be at a bigger disadvantage than they currently are.

• HoodedWildKard
    edited September 2022
    Options

They don't change anything for killers against swf voice comms. I don't see why they'd need to do it with solo q. The standard of play would still be lower than swf

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Adding voice comms to the game would increase the overall escape rate for survivors. BHVR already told us they are looking for a specific escape range in this game, which means killers would need to be buffed to handle voice comms. This means teams where everyone isn’t using voice comms would be at more of a disadvantage.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options
  • HoodedWildKard
    Options

I wonder what that target escape range is, and i would love to see statistics for average survival rates between solo q and swf survivors. As I've said in my experience, the average escape level for solo q players is abysmally small. Take today, i have played 3 games so far. 2 as spirit, running 2 perks, I'm not experienced with her. First game was a 3k. Survivor found hatch legitimately 2 gens left, 2nd game would've been a 4k but i let the last one get hatch, spent 5 mins looking for it with her. 3 gens left. My 3rd was a survivor game. 4k against a doctor with level 1 of his own basic perks just the 3, obvsly new to dbd or at least playing doctor and we got ended on a 4k with 2 gens left. Small sample size but it's similar to my usual experience on dbd. 2 survivals out of 12 players is pretty bad and one of those was only because i was nice, which is rare from killers. And the killers in the games were at a disadvantage, I've been playing 1 month, using a killer I'm not familiar with and dont have good perks for. The doctor was clearly low level, not first prestige yet and obvsly new to doctor but he still creamed us with minimal effort.

There is nothing wrong with bumping solo q survival rates, it won't ruin the killer experience but it will for sure make the solo q survivor experience much more tolerable. I don't want people surviving 50% or more as survivor, there's no way VC would boost survival rates to that level anyway, that would be unbalanced. But 30-40% would be more fun for 80% of players. Killers can deal with the odd 1 or 2 k game. Just having VC is not going to magically make players as co-ordinated as a swf group who play together regularly. A lot of ppl won't utilise VC, but it will provide a helping hand in some matches. Which solo q survivors sorely need. I've seen it from both ends of the spectrum and solo q survivors definitely get the worst of it. By a huge margin.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

I didn't read through this entire thread, but I just want to add my 2 cents lol

Solo queue is most horrible because of the broken matchmaking system in this game. I'm an 80% killer main and I'm definitely mediocre at survivor. I was playing solo last night trying to do the stun the killer 4 times challenge. It was actually awful. The matchmaking is just atrocious. I was getting paired with survivors way worse than me (and I'm no good) and we're playing against One Pump Willie and Ralph. It's an absolute joke. Dudes with 5k+ hours that play this game for a job are getting matched against newb solo squads and just destroying them. They seriously need to tighten back up the range that high MMR players can get matched with. I know I sound like Sluzzy, but this is the core of why solo queue is so miserable sometimes. It's not fun having discombobulated uncoordinated solos getting slaughtered with 5 gens remaining vs a guy that plays for a living. It's ridiculous

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Embrace the chaos and meme every game as surv.

• HoodedWildKard
    Options

Wait times for killers are pretty long. I don't think there's enough survivor players to keep the mmr tuned more finely. Wonder why that might be? Oh right, solo q is a bad game experience and no one wants to play it. Let alone 4 times the number of players who want to play killer.

• Veinslay
    Options

I think it would be preferable to give those killers longer wait times if it means sparing low MMR solo queue gamers a guaranteed slaughter. The system needs to be designed to recognize solo queue lobbies and place them with softer killers making it a more fun experience for everyone where people can get more points. I had the most points in the game against One Pump Willie last night and I had 10k. 1 guy disconnected at his onryo mori. It was painful

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Any buffs to solo q would also raise the escape rates of 2 SWF and 3 SWF groups. A better solution would be to raise the soft cap of SWFs, and calculate their MMR higher, to reduce SWF escape rate. The problem with SWFs is they aren’t being matched properly by MMR, because the MMR system is matching them as if they were solo q survivors.

If SWF escape rates could be lowered, then BHVR could make buffs to survivors that would help solo q without causing SWF escape rates to be even higher than they currently are.

• Veinslay
    Options

Is it confirmed this is how the system works? It seems ridiculous to me that it makes no distinction between SWF and solo queue. The system should recognize a team is solo queue and give them a softer killer

• HoodedWildKard
    Options

Hardly. Most 2-3 swfs would be in private parties anyway, bringing one or two players in vc with smaller swfs isn't going to break the game. And i don't see why your answer is to make swf escape rates lower. You seem to be ignoring/not acknowledging that solo q survival rates are utter garbage.

Naturally 2/3 groups of swf will be affected by vc. But the swfs that people really complain about are full groups of 4. I personally play with a regular group that totals 3 people. Occasionally we get solo q player to join our party, and those games go better but the average result is still a 2/3k. The people who'll benefit most from VC are new players who can pick up advice from more experienced players and learn the basic tactics, what and what not to do. Even if they don't talk on vc they can hear. When to go for hook and when to try and fix gens. Because at the moment those newer players get constantly minced. So they will often end up quitting or giving up and playing killer. In a game that needs 4 survivors to every killer, and a high skill ceiling when you are against players who have been on the game for up to 6 years? Bad environment for new players.