Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Solo queue is utterly intolerable.

13»

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Yeah you can't really feel bad if you don't take the game seriously.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

The overall survivor escape rates are being monitored and controlled. If SWF escape rates are lowered, then solo q escape rates could be raised, and still maintain the same overall survivor escape rate. But as long as SWFs are allowed to have inflated escape rates, solo q will suffer.

BHVR admitted that SWFs have a much higher escape rate, which means they aren’t being matched properly. We have hundreds of forum threads where solo q wants to be more like SWF, because it’s understood that SWFs escape far more often than solo q does.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited September 2022

Those stats also mean nothing when they have admitted that they do not have any internal way of differencing hook suicides, nor their impact on a match. They only throw out games that involve a DC, either through connection loss or manually leaving the match. One of the biggest issues plaguing solo queue especially is how people will give up at the drop of a hat, and many people would rather get killed on purpose than DC so they can get into the next match faster with no penalty. The bonus is that the other 3 survivors are then considerably less likely to stand a chance, and are very likely to die and add to the pile. They know its skews their statistics but they willing allow it to do so.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Yes because solo queues almost never escape. I'm up to 6 survivor games today, no survivals for me. 2 of them were 3 ks where 4th player got hatch, the rest were all 4 ks. So out of 24 survivors, 3 survived and all of those were high prestige players running left behind. Yesterday i had 15 games in a row with no survivals and only 3 of those where we finished gens.

I don't see how anyone can think that is fair. Several of the killer players were clearly very new, one was a trapper with 0 perks. If it's that easy for a new killer player to 4k a team that is working together and actually trying then something needs to change. It makes for a ######### game experience for pretty much everybody on solo queue.

• BonDBD
    BonDBD Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2022

this game is coming off very one sided right now. Survivors can barely COUNTER anything. Games can literally turn into a free for all or a 1v1.

You want a healing build? Pentimento, Deathbound, Nurse's Calling,

You would think Kindred would help but Killers can still counter that.

Prove Thyself , Overzealous, Spine Chill + Resilience? Killers have Discordance, Call of Brine, Merciless Storm. Pentimento, Eruption, Dragon's Grip, Surveillance, Ruin, Overcharge, Pop Goes the Weasel, Oppression etc.

Items? Franklin demise, hoarder & Overwhelming Presence (don't forget about green keys)

If you don't have Distortion guess what you have to deal with... Lethal Pursuer, Dragon's Grip, Gearhead, Retribution, Hangman, BBQ & Chill, Lightborn, Rancor, All Ears, Awakened Awareness, and Darkness Revealed.

You want to use Breakout and try to have some fun within 6 meters? Guess what, Starstruck & Awakened Awareness.

You want a vault build perhaps with just Resilience LMAO? Crowd Control, Bamboozle, All Ears, Superior Anatomy.

You want to do BOONS?! Good luck in solo q. You can get countered by your own teammates & the killer with this one! I shouldn't even have to explain & won't.

The most important thing you can't counter (and not saying we should be able to even though we can get slowed) is the killer's speed, with Bloodlust, play with your food & devour of hope,

i could go on but i think you should get the point by now. there's clearly a reason why there's been a 100% BP boost for survivors this past month. You pick your favorite killer and just get to have a field day with the game. Killers enjoy! Devs, figure something out PLEASE!

edit: removed cursing 😀 & also it's more than just "bad players" it's just bad balancing.

• Coffeecrashing

Survivors that repeatedly DC or give up early should be matched with other survivors that DC or give up early. Many survivors will leave a match early because they want to bully the killer, and if they can’t bully the killer they want to move onto the next game.

It isn’t fair that solo q has a much lower escape rate than SWF, which is why SWFs need their escape rate lowered. Solo q escape rate is being capped by SWF escape rates, because the overall escape rate is being controlled.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

There is exactly one thing you need to keep in mind regarding Soloq.

The devs.

Don't.

Care.

But seriously, think about it for just one second. They admitted a few months back, that there was a significant gap between SWF and SoloQ (15% escape rate difference? Or was it 25%?) so they planned on introducing a few changes that would alleviate some of the problems. The main idea was a little status icon next to the HUD, that would show who is on a gen and who is being chased by the killer, filling in a portion of the power difference between a SWF and a SoloQ team.

The game already keeps tracks of various actions performed by the survivor and if the obsession is being chased, that's actually relayed to the entire team already. Even by BHVR standards, this would be by far the easiest and quickest change to make to the game, one week tops and that includes the art team doing the icons. And yet Peanits has himself confirmed that this project is currently on ice and isn't coming for at least another year, and that's the absolute bare minimum.

Then, they release the most Killer sided patch that sees an insane ramping up of tunneling and camping, so much so that even they have to quickly slap on some bandaids to placate the community in the form of a perk against camping hidden behind a paywall, and a extra few seconds of BT as if that perked did anything other than potentially guarantee an endgame escape. Literally nothing has changed and nothing will.

They could have at least given us a basekit Kindred (remove the Killer aura reading if you so desperately want, even though it would be perfectly fine as is) but no. They consider their job done ("we are monitoring the stats for further changes") and if you don't like dying 49 out of 50 games, find a SWF and win 9 out of 10 matches.

The devs.

Don't.

Care.

• Ryuhi
    edited September 2022

I do agree with the idea of a "ragequitter hell" like many other games do, but this is a game where they are desperate to not split their user pool to any degree. Its why even MMR matchmaking continuously expands its range to make sure it can get matches for people who might have little population in their MMR, as well as their approach to "matchmaking incentives." The other issue is that while obviously both sides have ragequitters, I feel it is considerably more common on the survivor side for multiple reasons, even the 1:4 ratio in a given match alone has a statistical relevance. You would need to have ragequitting happen at a pretty even 1:4 ratio to even be able to reasonably populate the pool (let alone the other factors like region, time of day, mmr, etc,) so it would probably have to be some type of hybrid where they start in ragequitter hell, then it would have a matchmaking leniency expand over time while waiting like how its MMR one does now.

• Coffeecrashing

They really should split the player base though. Survivors that want to make an actual effort to play out each game don’t deserve to be matched with people that want to selfishly leave the game early.

And survivors that repeatedly leave the game early should be punished. They are one of solo q’s biggest problems, and it’s completely fair to throw them together so they can ruin each other’s games.

• Ryuhi
    edited September 2022

The same has been said regarding being able to opt out of matching with SWFs (on either side, but obviously mostly regarding killers) but the unwillingness to split the userbase has been one of their primary reasons for suggestions like that, having an "unranked" mode, and any other similar requests be denied. By their logic in regards to the people who quit ruining everyone's game, they just expect you to literally "git gud" and win often enough that you gradually adjust yourself away from being matched with people who continuously lower their own MMR through their tantrums. Theoretically better plays will run into them considerably less often, but thats also implying they can win consistently enough to climb out of that type of elo hell. It can take a dozen matches, or it could take weeks, or they might just be very unlucky and get put into unwinnable matches too often, so in terms of practicality it leaves a lot of people to fall into the cracks.

I don't agree with how they're handling it, and I think the game has outgrown a lot of their scope and philosophies with the game in general, but their reasoning isnt entirely nonsensical.

• HoodedWildKard

Seems a stupid way of deciding it. Make the players who are struggling suffer more because the good players do well. It just tips the scales so a small group of players i.e sweaty swf teams and low mmr killers have easy games while a considerable portion of the playerbase has a long parade of games that are not much fun and they hardly ever achieve their main objective, i.e. to survive

• Coffeecrashing

They didn’t want to split the player base in terms of opting out of SWFs, because it would cause SWF queues to skyrocket because it’s understood that it’s massively unfun for killers to go against survivors that are using voice communication.

Splitting the player base in terms of rage quitters is a different story, because it only punishes people that deserve to be punished.

• Ryuhi

And yet those people don't ragequit every game. When behaving, they are still an addition to the general matchmaking pool. I understand where you're coming from, but I also understand where they are as well. How much of their reasoning is valid and how much is excuse, they're the only ones who can answer that for sure.

• HoodedWildKard

Tbh this seems to hit the nail on the head. For the game to be around for this long and for solo q to be this bad 6 years after release. Clearly the devs don't give a fig about the enjoyment of the majority of the community.

• Coffeecrashing

It’s the perfect way of deciding it. People that are repeatedly ragequitting are ruining the matches of their teammates. They deserve to be placed with other ragequitters.

• HoodedWildKard

Im talking about using swf survival rates to decide whether to try and improve solo q rates. Quitter should have harsh punishments for sure

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Just quit you won't regret it, I haven't played for 2 weeks and it feels good, dbd is addictive and awful at the same time it's very strange. One day I played like 15 solo Q games in a row, all terrible I escaped twice I think. Then played a few killer games to de-stress, boring 3-4ks and I started to feel bad I've had enough of this game (after more than 1000 hours played btw)

even if you're losing start playing scummy and turn your loss in a 2k minimum if not 4, I'm sorry game is TRASH atm it's anything but balanced, no matter what anyone says here playing killer is stupidly easy most games are literal free wins, rest are annoying 4 squads and equally boring

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited September 2022

Uh…? Not sure if you understand or not, but enjoyment is subjective.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

"Why hundreds and hundreds of people I'm matched with are so bad"

^ Because the steaming majority are clowns. Like I said I only do solo queue. And when I'm not mashing gens I'm playing Killer. Majority of matches killer, so my survivor MMR isn't even all that high. I can queue randomly any time of the day, and guarantee at least 2 people on my team are going to be straight up clowning the entire match. They aren't doing objectives. I'm the one who ends up having to take 3 gens or more. Which never really used to happen before even if I compared the quality of survivors 3 years ago. I may only be able to bang out 2 back then because other people are already on it. If I can bang out 2 consistently, that leaves another 3 people, 3 years ago 2 of those 3 people would get at least 1, leaving 1 gen left to go within the first 4 minutes. Now adays, if I get unlucky enough to get into a chase before I tap out a 2nd gen, I run for maybe 90 seconds droppin hella pallets get KD'd get walked to the hook, look up and we still got 4 GENS LEFT TO GO?!?!

How? You explain it to me then. How we went from less quality survivor perks in 2018-2019 but way more objective and loop focused survivors to more quality survivor perks in 2022 and less objective and loop focused survivors? Explain to me what people are doing?

"Oh but I was busy hunting items" <---Why tho?

"Oh but I was tailing the killer in order to get the insta unhook (leaving the person unhooked unsafe btw to the point where they had to add BT base kit)" <----Why tho?

"Oh but I was looking for gens" <---For 2 minutes? Why tho?

"I don't like hiding or playing stealthy (but can't run a chase longer than 40 seconds?)" <---Why tho?

"I was looking for hexes (when theres no hex in play) <---Why tho?

"I just goof around in games to make youtube and twitch content" <---Coulda warned everybody in the lobby you were gonna throw the match...

And this is just stuff I see day to day as a survivor ^ all of these I will get at least 1 to 2 of these scenarios per match.

OP's point was something needs to be done, I say it starts with players. You don't have to be a high skilled survivor to get consistent 15-18 to 20+k per match I am the complete ass opposite of skilled survivor like I said before I can only run about 60-90 seconds and I'm getting smashed at a loop because I can't mind game on a survivor loops yet. So of course killer is going to be easier at any of those levels against a solo queue because look at what we go up against? Theres no coordination which is fine, I've gone up against solo's who had 0 coms and could still smash because they actually tried. But effort? As for the rest of my matches against solo's..... ^ I get at least one of the laundry list stated above.

-That guy hunting items <--Dead, wasted his time looking through chests and making noise.

-That guy tailing me as if I can't hear or see him <---Dead, and his friends dead too for giving me an easy proxy farm after the unhook I didn't even have to try to look for someone else to start my next chase saving me loads of time...thanks...

-The guy wandering around in circles looking for gens <---Dead, thanks for giving me free time to not protect gens.

-The guy not hiding or being stealthy <---Thanks for the free chase start, every killer is built for this, some more than others.

-The guy looking for hexes when I didn't set any up <---Thanks for giving me free time to not protect my gens and give yourself a secondary objective for free that I didn't activate I guess....

-The guy goofing around for youtube <---Thanks for making it a 3v1 as I monkey stomp the rest of your team while you goof around for views I guess?

-And the guy sandbagging his random team mates <---Double thanks for the incoming double kill.

You said,

"and I can't say I can accuse most of them of inefficiency"

Yes you can....and yes you absolutely should.

The difference between solo survivor queues and killer queues is simple, my killer queues don't have to deal with elo hell. Theres no extra human being in my lobby on my killer team able to hold me back except me. Survivor on the other hand...you roll the dice on if you get a competent team mate that absolutely will effect whether or not you get out of the trial, vs someone or multiple someones that will hamstring the hell out of your progress. If you want BHVR to change something, have them fix match making so the goombas fall out faster, and people actually trying to win the game stay up. Cause at the moment MMR is not reflecting that. Not survivor MMR anyway.

• HoodedWildKard

Or add VC so these clowns as you call them can be given advice on how to play. It won't stick with every player obvsly but it'd make a positive difference.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

######### it add both. Upgraded survivor MMR and voice coms.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

You forgot the part where killer mains say they have a near 100% escape rate when they play solo q.

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75

All these people in thread talking about MMR when the original post was made on the reset day, smh. Failing up on MMR isn't the problem on the 13th.

My escape rates are smaller on solo but I still get eacapes. Big thing is aura perks. Bond gives a lot of info nearby. Even no auras tell you something if the terror radius is audible. Empathy is great because you can see the killer hurt people and how the run is going. Alert is decent too since killers frequently break stuff.

When I'm in a SWF I can drop those perks but in Solo they're a lifesaver.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171

Here we are again. Fake solutions. I once played a DbD like game with VC. Guess what happened. In my first match a "mate" blow a whistle every now and then. In my second match another "mate" played loud and annoying music. In the third match a "mate" talked nonstop in some glibberish. Before the fourth match I turned VC off and finally I could play the game. VC is no solution at all, but would turn into a catastrophe.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

The problem with current solo queue is matchmaking. Can't discuss this here due to the source of this information but it has been pretty much confirmed that right now SBMM is working like the old red ranks to alleviate queue times, which was terrible. There's no amount of buffs that can compensate lack of skill, you could make gens take 60 seconds and give survivors 5 perk slots and it wouldn't matter if you get matched with a Meg that walks around the entire match saving her Sprint Burst.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

the problem is the crappy teammates I'm getting. I've been left on hook to reach second stage multiple times already, and sometimes they'll just leave me to die. I literally had everyone leave me to die on hook, one guy was destroying my plaything totem, one guy was running circles, and another guy was self caring. How am I getting these teammates? I'm not trying to humble brag, but I loop killers for minutes on end, so how am I being matched up with these people???

• Ryuhi
    edited September 2022

MMR doesn't reset. Only your grade does, i.e. your bloodpoint bonus for how much you've played int the last month.

In fact, MMR doesn't even decay at all.

• HoodedWildKard

Then if you mute everyone, it doesn't affect you in the slightest. But there will be a lot of players who try to use it constructively, like me for example and most of the people i play with.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
  • Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

I have suspicion there is a priority to fill lobbies over respecting mmr.

Which, if true, makes mmr useless.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I wouldn't say it's 'intolerable', but I agree there's a huge discrepancy between SWF and solo-queue.

I play mostly survivor but today I fancied playing some killer. I had a streak of a few, really good games where I consistently got 3ks/4ks. However, on the fifth or sixth match, I entered a SWF lobby (I could tell as they had similar/matching usernames) - all with flashlights/toolboxes. To say I got absolutely stomped on is an understatement: I only managed to get three hooks the entire game, and despite running perks which pressure gens (Pain Res/DMS) and using Dredge's teleportation to lockers close to gens being worked on, the gens just kept popping in very quick succession. I struggled to get hooks as they efficiently used body-blocking and sabotaged hooks and I failed to get any momentum as one of them had brought a healing build (COH, Botany, and We'll Make It) so they could heal before I even managed to injure a second person. I had to proper 'sweat' this round, compared to the previous where it just felt fun/balanced. When you play as killer, you get a first-hand perspective of the significant difference between solo and SWF; the aforementioned feeling pretty 'killer sided', whilst the latter feels nearly impossibly 'survivor sided'.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469

Yeah. This game just seems to bring out the worst in people and just has me constantly feeling frustrated. So I'm definetely taking a break, if not quiting all together, well see 😅

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

Solo queue needs Kindred to be basekit. Other than that, there's nothing BHVR can do to change the fact that the average player doesn't even want to win and would instead rather swarm the killer at all times.

• HoodedWildKard

Basekit kindred wouldn't do much, i run kindred most of the time when I solo queue, and it doesn't change my survival rate. And VC would help to solve the issue. Not completely obvsly, language barriers, people not listening, but some players would listen and change the way they play. Simple things like "pls don't cleanse totems I'm putting a boon on it" or "I'm looping killer get some gen work done"

But no, clearly bhvr is happy for the people who have played survivor for years in swf groups to have a silly high escape rate and newer players to have a ######### experience because 9/10 solo q games are 1v1v1v1v1 where everyone runs around like headless chickens.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Just stop playing. It feels amazing. I've been having fun playing video games since I quit.

• HoodedWildKard

I still enjoy the game. Just not solo q. I'll play 3/4 person swfs because I've been making a fair few friends. Or killer. I'm just saying the game could be improved and retain way more players if solo q had an escape rate above 30%

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I don’t get all the hate for solo queue. Sure you survive less than in swf but that’s to be expected because an organised team will out for a pug group any day. The game itself is still fun.

Ask yourself do you value playing or value winning because one makes you enjoy playing games the other makes you hate playing games.

• scubasyd
    scubasyd Member Posts: 74

Did you play a long time ago when there were ranks (not grades)? When you went down a color and the end of the month. Did you have better teammates then? Just curious.

personally I enjoyed the ranks and had good teammates.

• HoodedWildKard

Like I've said i dont expect to win every game, winning all the time is boring. But surviving a tiny percentage of my games is not a fun experience. Surviving less is fine, I'd be happy with a 30% survival rate, but my solo q survival rate is sub 10% and it's mostly 4ks.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

If we got voice chat, do we also get a tanslator? Because a lot of my teammates are russian, and they don´t even use the same letters as i do.

So no, might help you, but nearly not everyone. But if you get it, you have to balance around it.

• HoodedWildKard

Didn't say it would help everyone, I've been pretty clear on that. But it would help *some* solo q games. And those are the matches that feel the most unbalanced.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

yes, but vc is a big advantage, and killers would need further buffs. in the end, it wouldnt help most solo queue games, but it would harm them.

• HoodedWildKard

It's a big advantage if everybody utilises it. But most players do not. Maybe 10-20% in my experience with most games. But one player making a few callouts that are acted upon would help shift low mmr solo q games away from the constant 4k routs that I keep seeing in most of my solo q games.

It wouldn't raise solo q to the same standard as 4 players swf teams by any means.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

You are out of your mind if you think I would allow a voice chat active while I am playing this game.

• HoodedWildKard

Then there is the mute all button, every game with VC has that. One option set and problem solved, wouldn't affect you in the slightest 🤷‍♂️

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I had what I guess could be a bad week as survivor, I don’t think I’ve escaped once but it’s been great.

The game have been thrilling most of the players pretty chill no matter what went down in game and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.

You don’t have to want to win 100% of you games to value winning over playing.

Its nice to win but honestly it’s fun to play, winning is largely secondary whether it happens 1% of times or 100% of times.