Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Only give Solo players Unbreakable and Kindred

Yankus
Yankus Member Posts: 638
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

We all know that SWFs are going to abuse the ######### out of unlimited self pickups. They are also the last ones to need it. Make it so only solo get the new buff and throw in Kindred while you're at it. Bam, solo is a lot more pleasant.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329

YesYes that is what i feel to, swf can abuse it to much... and its not rewarding solo q so much like for swf, that all buffs only for solo q and nerf swf ! Example if two or more survivor working togehter = they got punished, if more swf member playing togehter = higher punish for all actions

it's enough that the span between solo q and swf is getting bigger

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130

Honestly, I think a lot of people would be happier with this update if SWF didn't exist.

The times I get rescued by my solos teammates is a rarity on its own (if they can even land the saves half the time).

• Nasyr
    Nasyr Member Posts: 14

I think they should have left Unbreakable alone and made Kindred the basekit perk and make Insidious not activate whilst within Kindred range.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

I agree.

But the developer has already said you should not be punished for playing with friends.

That's why I think this will be difficult to achieve for SWF players who complain that maybe only solo queues will benefit.

It is sad.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Or give all players it once per trial. Like Unbreakable.......

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Can't hinder folks for playing with their friends. Goofy suggestion.

• fake

You see.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

SWF was only implemented because players would re-queue until they were with their friends, correct? I feel like this would just result in the same behavior.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2022

Nope. Never in favour of any discrete mechanic that separates solo or SWF players, because this is not an absolute dichotomy.

SWF isn't a guarantee of higher skill or better coordination, it allows for the possibility of it, but SWF players can also be bad, or they can be in a party but not on voice comms. I regularly play with friends without voice comms, not everyone is comfortable with it.

Solo players can learn to coordinate without use of voice comms, and IF (not too likely but still possible) they get paired up with similarly minded solo survivors, they can play in a way that is indistinguishable from a SWF from the killers POV. I've pulled off some incredible team plays using nothing but pointing and teabagging to communicate before, because generally if you know how to play survivor well and you know the usual strategies, it's fairly obvious what your team mates are trying to do.

How about instead of implementing mechanics that favour one side over the other, they add mechanics that don't favour SWF over solo players in the first place?

• fake

We agree with the notion that just being SWF does not guarantee being highly skilled.

I agree with the notion that voice chat does not guarantee excellent coordination.

However, just having voice chat gives you an advantage that you will never have in the game of DbD.

A single casual word like who the killer is, what perk you are using, or if you are currently in a chase, is a tremendous advantage over soloing.

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333

No there is an easier solution to help soloQ without buffing the SWFs, just nerf the SWFs by including palettes, windows, walls, doors, buildings in general in the procedural generalization of the maps.

To be clearer if there were 30 versions of coldwin farm where the scenery is never in the same place, the survivors and the killers should constantly seek their bearings, finally that's it BHVR respects their principle of procedural generalization cards, you just have to push the process further.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Yeah I actually do better in solo lot of times than in swf. My solo teammates usually are just more compete than my friends. My friends are pretry decent but my solo teammates just happen to be usually good and smart. Mostly I play 2 man or 3 man swf.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Not everyone is a sweaty swf. Sometimes they are friend who are just playing the game. That'd be punishing people who wanna play with friends for no reason.