I’d rather get Kindred basekit than Unbreakable.

Options
Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Solo players have been asking for Kindred basekit for so long.

Basekit BT was a nice add since tunnelling is a cheap “strategy” with little to no counter play after the DS nerf.

But, as much as I dislike slugging for how boring it can be, I can see it has its uses and sometimes it’s necessary.

The only way I think basekit Unbreakable could be justified is when everyone is slugged for more than 2 minutes because the killer refuses to hook and is just bleeding everyone and wasting everyone’s time.

Basekit Unbreakable every 45 seconds at all time will also buff SWF, which I don’t think it’s necessary tbh.

Will we keep seeing other perks added basekit and STILL no Kindred?

If you want to add QoL improvements to the game add Kindred basekit, it will only help Solo Q and not give an advantage to SWF.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I agree with that. Even slugging is so boring, basekit UB will not fix solo-q issues but Kindred will help so much.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    edited September 2022
    Options

At first, it sounds like a good thing but Kindred is kind of strong. I believe the devs need to give more information to survivors without being that specific/accurate. There have been many interesting suggestions these last few months. Someone even posted some UI suggestions he made to illustrate.

(An alternative would be to make different rules for solo and SWFs ... but that'll never happen.)

• Marigoria
    Options

How is it strong if all the information it gives is free for SWF?

• drsoontm
    Options

It's not the same. As an example, SWF cannot accurately give the exact location of the killer and it's movements. The information in that case is usually something like "killer camps", "killer goes to someone alone", ...

I expect highly trained, SWAT-level, groups will be more accurate, but nothing like wall-hacks.

Accuracy is key.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    edited September 2022
    Options

Auras are 100% stronger info than voice comms.

They're faster, more accurate, and don't rely on the communication skills of your team mates. As such even when I'm playing SWF I'll tend to bring Kindred.

However seeing as the gloves are off and any and everything can become basekit now, why not?

Fingers crossed for Deliverance next.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Being able to see everyone's aura base kit would be incredibly powerful. Please stop asking for that.

Likewise free infinite unbreakable is also way too strong to be fair.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

I have made that comment in other thread. I would prefer something akin to killer-instinct (without a sound, position pinging once every 3-5s) like effect more.

1, it gives imprecise information (same as SWF)

2, can't be blocked by aura reading perks (same as SWF)

3, takes some time to understand who is doing what (same as SWF)

Also killer's position should be pinged in a different way and only if survivor sees the killer. As this would quite accurately resemble the kind of information that SWF already has, it would be pure gap reducing change (instead of buffing SWF just a little bit less then soloQ).

• Marigoria
    Options

I’m never gonna stop asking for Kindred basekit. I’ve been asking for it for years now and solo needs it more now than ever.

• Marigoria
    Options

SWF without kindred:

Guy on hook can say the direction the killer is going, can say if the killer is camping, can say who is coming for save so more than one dont waste their time.

It’s basically the same as kindred.

• drsoontm
    Options

At least two answers gave you the nuance. Nuances are important, "basically" doesn't cut it.

As much as I want more info for my solo queue (whenever I come back to the game), it needs to be reasonable.

• Marigoria
    Options

Kindred is as reasonable as it gets. It doesnt buff swf only solo.

Only people who I say would get a problem with it are killer players who get free kills by camping solo players and can't anymore because no one would go for the save if they are sure someone is camping.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402
    Options

The whole unbreakable change is like using a rocket launcher to get rid of an annoying bird. Not only are you likely to miss, but there's going to be a lot of collateral damage.

• Seraphor
    Options

They've already missed.

The survivor hive mind seems to be rejoicing that "slugging for the 4K" is dead, but that's not what's going on here.

Not only was that not the intention (it's only proposed because the Last Standing Mori system would be broken without it) but it will actually result in more "slugging for the 4K".

The new Mori offerings only reward you if you finish the game with a Mori. This means in order to secure their 20K bonus, killers will needs to: tunnel out two survivors, then slug the remaining two survivors in relay until they manage to get them both on the ground at the same time.

If you thought lying on the ground for four minutes while the killer tried to find your last teammate was fun, just wait until you're smacked down like whack-a-mole every time you get up while the killer fights your 45s timer in an effort to secure their Mori.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    edited September 2022
    Options

yes. Because I will run to my teammate so that killer can make it in 45 seconds (including chase). Wrong. Killer will either stay on my body and wait attempted rescue (giving chance for me to bleed out) - with occasional immediate slap (which he can do already - albeit without need to press M1) or he will be hitting one after 2nd one stands up and repeat - giving survivor chance to be both up = doing gens (even if it's probably lost anyway - if 2 gens are standing).

The real problem starts if 1 survivor decides he will wait out bleed timer and killer decides he will 100% focus the other survivor that he can see - you can't outrun the killer, killer is not looking for survivor, other survivor is not progressing the game. BUT - this can be done already (actually I was in this situation just yesterday).

The only solution for last 2 players with 2+ gens remaining is open hatch spawn (even if survivors get it, hatch should still count as a draw the way it does now) + short EGC after closing (say survivors only have 1 minute to open the gate and exit - to not give too huge benefit for loosing the game). Otherwise you still have chance for deadlocked game.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    Options

Yes

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

I disagree with you on quite a few things, but this i completely agree with and have also wanted it for years. Helps bridge the gap between soloq and swf.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 647
    Options

If all alive survivors are downed, and only while they are all down, after maybe 30 seconds the ability for them to recover should be available. That way it's not that busted. As it is, UB as infinite base kit is just absurd

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

!!

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 734
    Options

Agreed.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

as for the "kindred gives more info than voice chat" argument, I think it's adorable that some people think SWF just uses voice chat rather than having their teammates' twitch streams open on a second monitor.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

They do need to make Kindred basekit... but leave some strength on the perk itself

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Better kindred than unbreakable.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,126
    Options

yeah wall-hack on killer is too accurate. there is no such thing as survivor instinct but swf is closer to survivor instinct on killer, not pure wall-hacks. in some sense, they know where you are in general but not as precise wall-hacks.

kindred base-kit survivor aura reading is fine, but why does it have to be limited to only occuring on a hook? it should be all the time, like empathy. it seems like they're giving a giant buff to swf with this base-kit unlimited unbreakable.

• Seraphor
    edited September 2022
    Options

What a precious way of showing off that you have a fancy PC set up.

Unfortunately most of use don't stream evrything, and over half of us are on console.

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    Options

well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the community is hasty and getting confused, the update has nothing to do with helping SoloQueue or fighting slug by itself, it's simply a mechanic to prevent speed runs and abuse the game design with the new mechanics of "last standing".

But I would, of course, love kindred as a base-kit, or at least bond, would really help, or a ping system like in my old suggestion:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314431/guided-voice-system-communication-wheel-system-for-solo-survivors

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited September 2022
    Options

It's just baffling how they decided to made BETTER unbreakable basekit while skipping every other problem, like how.

Btw you can already slug every one of survivors and that is instawin as is, last stand or not it doesn't matter.

• Nasyr
    Nasyr Member Posts: 14
    Options

I play both SWF and Solo Survivor and funnily enough I've just commented more or less the same thing in two different threads.

"Unbreakable should have been left alone and Kindred added as a default, whilst Kindred is active the killer perk Insidious will not activate whilst in Kindred range. Remove hook camping to a degree and unbreakable wouldn't be needed as much for slugging. Killer has to push off or just be constantly known whilst other survs do whatever."

I strongly believe the BT addition was nice but it came with nerfs like SD and OTR. So would be nice to add a killer counter and facecamping is worse than slugging these days. If the killer is within the Kindred range, Insidious does not work, regardless of if they are a stealth killer or not. In Kindred range? Aura shown across the board. This would be a fairly decent survivor buff and would stop hook camping, in turn help reduce tunnel and also slug since killer may as well try hook another downed survivor since they can't chill at the hook.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 726
    Options

Having free aura reading on hook Survivors location, as well as everyone's else location and actions; can be quite strong if everyone is able to have Kindred Basekit. It would definitely be way strong on SWF, just the same with BT and New UB basekit changes.

If anything, to help Solo Que out with lack of communication that SWF undeniable has; I think it is much better to instead just make a communication wheel or better, add a "Status Icon" next to the Survivors portraits, so that the Survivors can constantly tell their teammates on what exactly they are doing.

If a Survivor A is being chased by the killer, the portrait will show a killer chasing them icon. Survivor B can be doing a Gen, with a Gen Icon, Survivor C is on the hook, and Survivor D (which can be you) could be busy searching chest, or cleansing a important hex Totem or booning, or be a useless Survivor by hiding in a locker or... a amazing teammate in which they are running straight for the hook Survivor, whom is Survivor C.

Basically, just display Status Icons on what Survivors are doing, for all to see and evaluate the game state for all Survivors. And add communication wheel that can allow Survivor to communicate their actions to their team by sending simple quick messages. Like "I am fixing a Generator" , "I'm going to save you (Hook Survivor)", or even "Go Do Gens, I Distracting the killer with chase!" As well as... "Look out, the (killer) is heading towards your location."

Just listing a few examples, they can add a lot more as well as perk related stuff.. like "I have... Perk A, B, C, D" so they can also showcase their builds to the rest.

It doesn't have need to included voice or proximity chat, as I am sure no dbd players want to hear minor's voices or even annoying soundtrack music that has nothing to do with the game's atmosphere. Of course, I also do not want the killer like to take advantage of the fact, that I can hear your proximity chat and reliable find you faster then intended.

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    edited September 2022
    Options

will change because with last stand you will automatically end the match with all 4 on the ground (3 are auto sacrificed and last will suffer the auto mori), regardless of whether they brought UB, Deliverance, etc, and not having to wait 4 minutes for everyone to bleed on the ground, creating a huge attraction to slug, since memento mori will give BP bonuses if you end the game like this, and slug will finally count as a win for increase mmr (probabily, since you gain a huge amount of bp doing that), creating an attraction to slug from the beginning of the match, and not just when 2 people remain.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,376
    Options

Yeah they should add kindred imo, even if its just survivor auras and/or a very small killer aura range (unaffected by open handed).

Technically it would buff SWF, but not by an amount I think would really change much.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited September 2022
    Options

BHVR: nO BeCaUsE tHis cAn CoNfUsE nEw PlAyErs.

but yeah a basekit pickup mechanic that doesnt tell you went its active isnt hard for new players compared to just teammates auras..🙄

however the killer aura reading should be completely removed from kindred if it was basekit and just getting the killer aura when running the perk.

• Marigoria
    Options

Na, killer aura is fine, only campers have a problem with that

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited September 2022
    Options

open handed exist my guy , getting a full aura reading of the killer from almost 30 meters of the hooked survivors isnt balanced if the survivors are just running the killer a bit close to a hook , they get free wallhacks basically , soo i disagree with you in this point.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

They could also just make Open-Handed not work with a base kit version of Kindred similar to how that Ada perk doesn't work with it.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482
    Options

SWF can already do all of this though, base kit Kindred would combat camping by revealing Killer aura (something many people hate) while helping to coordinate hook saves. It is quite often to be left on second stage in solo queue, auras would help combat this huge problem.

And maybe a ping wheel system would be nice as well, but this is DBD. I don't think BHVR is going to make something like that, a perk becoming basekit like Unbreakable would probably be more likely, knowing BHVR's track record.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I gotta be honest, I would like Kindred to be basekit, but I am running it and I still went into stage 2 twice (in maybe the last 7 games).

At least with Unbreakable, that is something that is truly within my control. I can get myself up. I can't force my teammates to come get me off the hook.