Hex: Huntress Lullaby (Change)

Hex: Cursed Lullaby (New Perk Name)
You have a Hex that drives the survivors insane overtime. Every 60 seconds this Hex remains active, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. Every token reduces all sources of sound by 20% while increasing the regression penalty upon failed skill checks by 2%.

Pros:
Survivors cannot hear progressed generators, skill check warnings, grass movement, terror radius, other survivors injuries, and etc. If this perk reaches 5 tokens, the survivors are playing with no audio. Huge risk, huge reward.

Cons:
Takes 5 minutes for this perk to reach its optimal performance. Survivors can take this Hex down before it even reaches its 5th token. Furthermore, they will notice the lower audio which will give away this perk early.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I think HL is fine as it is right now, we just need better totem placement AND to remove the HL notification when hitting a skill check.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Vietfox said:
    I think HL is fine as it is right now, we just need better totem placement AND to remove the HL notification when hitting a skill check.
    Yeah, your right. However, I really wanted to share this idea lol.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    By "better totem placement" i mean to add more spots. Right now is too easy to predict where the totems are.
  • vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

I think this idea is neat but as stated before, Huntress Lullaby for the most part is fine as it is currently plus you could abuse this new version of the perk with thrill of the hunt while playing spirit as it's basically free prayer beads after a certain point. (It's possible that other killers like hillbilly, nurse and possibly wraith could do the same). The idea is neat, but I can see some things going wrong with it.

• NMCKE

I think this idea is neat but as stated before, Huntress Lullaby for the most part is fine as it is currently plus you could abuse this new version of the perk with thrill of the hunt while playing spirit as it's basically free prayer beads after a certain point. (It's possible that other killers like hillbilly, nurse and possibly wraith could do the same). The idea is neat, but I can see some things going wrong with it.

I understand your concern but ToTH is known for its flawed mechanics. I did a touch and run strategy where you touch a Hex totem then you quickly hide just to see the killer searching for me. Eventually the killer lost interest and left the area to find more survivors. I touched it again, and the same process happened again until the killer gave up and said, "You can have it!" Basically.

There's a lot of counter play to destroying the totem, you just have to understand how both sides work.
  • Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

@Nickenzie said:
    Hex: Cursed Lullaby (New Perk Name)
    You have a Hex that drives the survivors insane overtime. Every 60 seconds this Hex remains active, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. Every token reduces all sources of sound by 20% while increasing the regression penalty upon failed skill checks by 2%.

Pros:
    Survivors cannot hear progressed generators, skill check warnings, grass movement, terror radius, other survivors injuries, and etc. If this perk reaches 5 tokens, the survivors are playing with no audio. Huge risk, huge reward.

Cons:
    Takes 5 minutes for this perk to reach its optimal performance. Survivors can take this Hex down before it even reaches its 5th token. Furthermore, they will notice the lower audio which will give away this perk early.

This is a cool idea, but it seems like it should be a separate perk. Huntress Lullaby as is could be buffed by not alerting survivors until at least 3 tokens are gained, and the lit hex won't appear until at least 2 tokens are obtained. The alert is the little perk notification and the totem would just light up one of the non-destroyed totems

• Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52

No notification until the perk does something combined with better placement for Totems which the Devs are still working seem the best way to buff Lullaby

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    All I want for Huntress Lullaby is for the inconsistency of it not working with Jigsaw Boxes to be addressed SOMEHOW.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2019

I think Huntress Lullaby is a good perk already, it just needs the notification to not appear when the Survivor gets their first skill check and better totem spots. However, this is a very interesting perk idea. Maybe it could become a general Killer perk in the future?

• NMCKE

I think Huntress Lullaby is a good perk already, it just needs the notification to not appear when the Survivor gets their first skill check and better totem spots. However, this is a very interesting perk idea. Maybe it could become a general Killer perk in the future?

I feel like Devour Hope, Third Seal, and Huntress Lullaby should have their Hexes lit up whenever they are at a single token, not when they are at 0 tokens.

Better totem spots would work as well to compliment what I said above.
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    A lullaby... without sounds? O.o

A silent game is too boring...
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Timed silence in any situation is critical. This game does a terrible job of it and manages to be fun nevertheless. I disagree with @Nickenzie ‘s suggested change to Hex:Huntress Lullaby.