To many keys in chests!

ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited February 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
This is not a "keys OP pls nerf thread", i just want the Devs to consider the drop chances cause i stopped getting the items i want, when i run Plunderers and Ace in the hole then Saboboxes, ranger/emergency medkits, maps or the occasional flashlight with good addons is what i want to see, yet i get so many ######### purple/ultra rare keys i don't even use its getting annoying. 

Before the change i got a sabo toolbox in every third chest, i got far more Ultra rare keys from chests instead since the winter update, now getting that sweet box somehow is like looking for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and i think the leprachauns are laughing at me at this point.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Idk if it's related but i'm getting ebony moris in every single bloodweb. Tried to dodge them but sometimes i just can't.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    Vietfox said:
    Idk if it's related but i'm getting ebony moris in every single bloodweb. Tried to dodge them but sometimes i just can't.
    Not sure. I heavily dislike the keys cause if i run that loadout my goal is to get out with the booty or die trying. Not possible with keys. ######### the keys
  • Vietfox
    @Vietfox said:
    Not sure. I heavily dislike the keys cause if i run that loadout my goal is to get out with the booty or die trying. Not possible with keys. [BAD WORD] the keys
    I personally don't like keys either, they are fun for the memes and stuff, but my main goal is to get the exit gate open, not the hatch.
  • Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    This is not a "keys OP pls nerf thread", i just want the Devs to consider the drop chances cause i stopped getting the items i want, when i run Plunderers and Ace in the hole then Saboboxes, ranger/emergency medkits, maps or the occasional flashlight with good addons is what i want to see, yet i get so many [BAD WORD] purple/ultra rare keys i don't even use its getting annoying. 

Before the change i got a sabo toolbox in every third chest, i got far more Ultra rare keys from chests instead since the winter update, now getting that sweet box somehow is like looking for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and i think the leprachauns are laughing at me at this point.

I mean I wish I got that many keys, I hardly get any so it's just your good (or I guess bad?) luck.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

I think I pretty much agree with the OP. Keys are hardly unbalanced and I'm not really upset about it, but it is a bit silly how many of them I seem to be finding lately. It used to be the highlight of a match if I pulled a key (with Plunderer's) but nowadays there a little too common. A few days ago, I found two keys in one game. At best I think it should be 1 every two or three games, with Plunderer's.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited February 2019

I think I pretty much agree with the OP. Keys are hardly unbalanced and I'm not really upset about it, but it is a bit silly how many of them I seem to be finding lately. It used to be the highlight of a match if I pulled a key (with Plunderer's) but nowadays there a little too common. A few days ago, I found two keys in one game. At best I think it should be 1 every two or three games, with Plunderer's.

The only unbalanced key is the broken one because of the pathetic aura reading duration (i use most keys for aura reading only to save a perk slot in fact). 

Doesn't help that they don't help in that many circumstances and don't allow for builds that are fun to use.
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Keys? I'd like to draw a Skeleton Key from a chest, not to use it, just to escape with it. It never happened. :(
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Been finding a lot as well, to the point when I am playing killer I use my anti chest offerings for a normal game. If I have to deal with hatch its gonna be in the end game.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Vietfox said:

That is not related. There's only 1 Ultra Rare Offering left for Killers and some still don't have any Ultra Rare Add-on so it will usually spawn the Ebony Mori.

The Survivor Blodweb on the other hand still has the option to spawn a Rainbow Map, a Skeleton Key, an Odd Bulb, an Anti-hemorrhagic Syringe or a Brand New Part.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:

That is not related. There's only 1 Ultra Rare Offering left for Killers and some still don't have any Ultra Rare Add-on so it will usually spawn the Ebony Mori.

The Survivor Blodweb on the other hand still has the option to spawn a Rainbow Map, a Skeleton Key, an Odd Bulb, an Anti-hemorrhagic Syringe or a Brand New Part.

Well it shouldn't be related because op was talking about keys from chests and moris are taken from the bloodweb, i just noticed a kinda huge increase of ebony moris even with killers with 2 pink addons.
    Personally i think ebony moris are a waste of bloodpoints, they are expensive and you get way less bloodpoints when you kill survivors by moring them.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Vietfox said:
    @DocOctober said:

@Vietfox said:

Well it shouldn't be related because op was talking about keys from chests and moris are taken from the bloodweb, i just noticed a kinda huge increase of ebony moris even with killers with 2 pink addons.
    Personally i think ebony moris are a waste of bloodpoints, they are expensive and you get way less bloodpoints when you kill survivors by moring them.

Bloodpoints are not the intended motivation to use them in the first place.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    @DocOctober said:

@Vietfox said:

Bloodpoints are not the intended motivation to use them in the first place.

I know what is their purpose, that's why i don't like moris.
  • Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52

I'd be fine with the removal of keys from chests , seems a little cheap to get a possible escape from a loot box

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Tiyr said:
    I'd be fine with the removal of keys from chests , seems a little cheap to get a possible escape from a loot box

Exactly. It has nothing to do with skill and the killer can't do anything against it.

Green keys could be removed as well since almost nobody uses them.