Bamboozle needs to be basekit

Options
RavenBirb
RavenBirb Member Posts: 457
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Since we out here holding survivors hands every patch, how about making killer gameplay less frustrating? You have to mostly sacrifice a perk just so you don't watch survivors vault a window 3-4 times before moving on. That can be said for a lot of spots in the game, it's not as black and white as "don't chase them then" It's a win win scenario either way for survivors because it's either you're wasting time chasing or wasting time chasing them off a gen for them to move spots and do the same crap. Since the killer works with the entity, moving through the vault should block it by default i feel.

If you have bamboozle, it just makes things so much more fun and fair, and some killers literally NEED IT. Or it's going to be bad game for you, every time unless you have new players as survivors

Bamboozle feels like the borrowed time for a lot of killers build

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• RavenBirb
    Options

I'd say through testing that is, first idea is to push the chase to move on, not just run in circles. That's the biggest goal here, i hate that there's just pallets used as a getaway and not other things by now. I wish there was other things to stop the killer for a moment, or more places to hide other than lockers

• RavenBirb
    Options

The point being is 3 being the limit is way too much forgiveness, the chase should move on

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

Yes. Matches where you're playing Bamboozle/Superior Anatomy Wesker and you still get destroyed by windows, something's gotta change. Not even just on maps like Haddonfield or Father Campbell's Chapel or Mother's Dwelling, but also just in general when there's 2 or more windows too close to each other.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

No not really imo and play mostly killer. Running tiles is just a skill killers need to learn and bamboozle makes decent tiles to ######### tiles with 0 skill or effort. Like any type jungle gym becomes obsolete with its window blocked and just a strong pallet instead of an actual loop. The only perks I would argue should be basekit atm are deerstalker and shattered hope(-the aura reading).

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

Shame on you for running Bamboozle to make running those tiles easier.

Why not use Bamboozle for its intended purpose of blocking windows to force the survivor to change tiles/make the tiles easier to run?!

I hope you level up your game, good sir!

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I use blindness add-ons and perks to counter windows of opportunity. It makes it harder for them to chain things and avoid dead zones.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

While I get your point, I think its kinda amusing you mentioned 15 seconds, since thats bloodlust time.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,380
    Options

I'm with you. At this rate I see us all running multiple builds at once soon. The game can be balanced without making perks base kit.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Oh I didn't mean it like that, more as in if you haven't gotten a hit or broken a pallet in 15 seconds, the game assumes you must need a hand. Its an amusing coincidence, but it also kinda shows how easy it is to lose track of what's too little or too much time for each interaction.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

I disagree with the bamboozle base kit. It is necessary to use one of the PERK frames to seal the window.

That said, I understand the frustration of having the same window used 3 or more times because it is considered not a chase by the system when it is in fact a chase. Similarly, as if the background music is still playing as if the chase is still in progress, even though the chase was terminated for the PWYF tokens. It's Murphy's Law, though.

• ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 269
    Options

I think no need to have mini bambozle. Just count the windows vaulting of killer too as oppose to only survivor.

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322
    Options

Its the objective of the survivor to escape. Its a tactic.

Eh and you have perks for that.

Faster Bloodlust and some killer abilities already help with that too.

Loops are good that way.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413
    Options

Bamboozle really doesn't seem like one of the perks that acknowledges some big weakness killers have. If it weren't so useful I'd call it a meme perk. No this really isn't one of the perks I think needs to be basekit. The only thing I could imagine being close to this is if the killer's vault counts towards the survivors budget? Like if you're in a chase with a survivor and can, yourself, vault the window 3 times without ending chase it will be blocked (and if they vault it 2 times you doing it a 3rd blocks it and so on). Maybe that would be fine. But I don't think it would be needed really.

Out of perks people calling for being basekit that I'd like? Diet corrupt tbh. 2 farthest away gens for 30 maybe 45 seconds at the beginning of the match. Deactivates prematurely if you put a survivor in the injured state/reach blood lust 3 during that time.

Other people have suggested diet BBQ, only shows the furthest away survivor for 3 seconds (if they are not within' 50m of the hook). And if that survivor is in a locker or has distortion it does NOT show the next closest. (That specifically is not a suggestion I've seen, just how I think it should work.)

I'd also advocate for basekit insidious (kind of). Like if you don't move at the start of the match you're undetectable until you do. Once you move it's GONE forever but idk, could be useful for people like me who get up to use the restroom while queued because the wait is so long but the match already started when you got back.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

it wouldn't be op, but it'd be extremely boring. Would just promote hold w gameplay

• MTB207
    MTB207 Member Posts: 12
    Options

"bamboozle needs to be base kit 🤓" bro just mindgame, its not that hard, why not make noed base kit as well?

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219
    Options

No thanks. Corrupt Intervention should be base kit instead.

• rattus210
    rattus210 Member Posts: 40
    Options

If we were to give killers anything basekit, this seems the most reasonable.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

We can do one or the other. Bamboozle base first, or fixing maps first. But something has to change. I'm worried what giving killers Bamboozle base would do to people's mindsets if it had to be removed down the line when windows were fixed, but the devs take away stuff from killers all the time anyway. We'd get over it.

Do not refer to the removal of infinites or the introduction of entity blocker as "survivor nerfs", because that's what I'm hearing every time they get brought up. They were necessary qol changes for the game to continue living. Who wants to play killer when survivors can loop a jungle gym or shack window, not just 3 times, but 5+ times and still not get a hit on them? "That's the killer's fault." Is it really? Are we not even gonna admit that there are certain tiles that take no brain power or innovation from the survivors once they know how to run it? It's the killer at that point who is holding W, because they can't even get a hit. Bloodlust changes that a little bit, but it's not a guarantee.

I don't think there's been anything that I've said that indicates balancing around brand new killers. I usually leave that up to the survivors, who have asked for and received BT, Guardian, and Unbreakable for free.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options

I think this would be better suited in the form of breakable windows on troublesome main buildings. After a player entity-blocks a window tied to a main building, it breaks. They could also have X vaults be tied to the window and it crumbles as vaults are used (with a visual for each stage). This way the busted windows are a map resource just as Pallets are throughout the rest of the map. Also LT walls and normal jungle gym windows are unaffected. To have the window still have value it might need the Killer to vault through it once fully damaged, or break Y seconds after the last vault with a sound cue on vault so both sides are aware it will crumble in a short time.

• Simon95
    Simon95 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Thankyou, someone had to say it! It's very true, a killer can mind game about 95% of windows and get a hit. First fault if they win that mind game, rarely should it got to 3. Do killers realise they shouldn't get 4ks every game to be balanced?

The real problem with this game is killers have a choice to play like a scum bag and get easy kills on a silver platter once they hook one survivor... but that's another topic.

I think they didn't need the last balance patch (nerf survivor). As it seems they balance off statistics, statistics as a whole isn't what you should balance off. Like, did they take out the games where the killers just mucks around/farms? Sure doesn't feel like it. I play both survivor and killer and find killer to be so easy in comparison. Killer can make a mistake and cost them 5 - 10 seconds, survivor can make a mistake and it can cost them a hook. Then they complain if someone deadhards 🤣. Seems whacked to me

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options
  • SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2022
    Options

oh yeah, killers nowadays don't realize how spoiled they are compared to the old days of infinites, no entity block, insta blind FL, pallet vacuum, double window shack and list goes on.

Poor trapper & Wraith had to deal with this for some time.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

no it shouldn't. HOWEVER, maps should be DEFENITELY looked at because as you said they are too much safe right now

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    edited October 2022
    Options

I think it's finally time to nerf to the ground camp and tunnel. These 2 cheap things catapult mediocre killers against very strong survivors that can loop much better then said killer. The end result is, that killers think survivors as a whole are busted, skillchecks on overcharge and DS are a joke that everyone can hit all the time and basekit bamboozle should be a thing.

• RavenBirb
    Options

You could years ago when Mori's didn't require a hook. So like it or not some people want a challenge in this game. It's ez mode