Eye Crow locker abusing with flashlights is bad map design and been there since day 1...

hiken
hiken Member Posts: 1,188
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

And no one is complaining, everytime i see 2 flashlights and Eye Crow is insta alt + tab im not playing against an invincible strat.

im talking about pictures ill show you, inside the building you have those 2 lockers (behind the pillar there is another one) that allow 2 survivors to be invincible if they run together, there is nothing you can do they can pull out saves so easily, survivors should never have such power even if they are not helping to progress the game (in my game thery were because they can do the gen in the building without anythng u can do and they had rush thyself and the map is gigantic anyway and the strat can be done in multiple places in the map as i will show you so they are not useless for the team they can do gens nearby those spots) i didnt allow them to get any save but i knew what were they trying to do, i just wasnt gonna give them the fun of getting way with it because thats what they wanted and i never will allow them to do such scummy thing. in the end got 1 kill with face camp cause they were extremely efficient on gens.

and another one

and another one (back to back)

so many all the time. they just always have the angles to get them because there are not enough walls to prevent it.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

i don't know what the issue is. could you explain what the problem with lockers is?

• hiken

by eye crow i was referring to the offering, if the map was chosen by the game itself is what it is... but usuallty they want to throw themselves into that map with an ofering wich is completely different BECAUSE THEY KNOW what will happen.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

See that's why our lord and savior Lightborn never leaves my builds if I see 1 or more Clickers.

ALL HAIL LIGHTBORN OUR LORD AND SAVIOR. FOR HE PROTECTS US FROM THE FESR OF THE CLIKY ONES AND THIER RODS OF PAIN!

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Honestly at this point if they just removed locker saves entirely I wouldn’t be against it. Adding more lockers to maps for Dredge was good but it certainly didn’t help with this issue.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Honestly, I think Killer's have locked animations to give survs a chance. Kinda like being locked in a second at the pallet to give people a chance to run. If you do not like it, what my buddy does is have an alternate build when they see flash lighters. They have builds on all their killers that include either Franklin's or Lightborn. Or literally just keep going until their flashlight runs out. Remember, when they are flashlighting, they can't do gens. =)

• hiken

realistically, getting into a locker SHOULD ALWAYS be a risk, u get there and the killer MAY not find u but if he does u shouldnt be able to get a free getaway card, it shouldnt be possible to blind killers while getting survivors out of the lockers, where is the gamble? where is the risk if u can actually turn a lose situation into a win situation without any counter?.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited October 2022

Its not a matter of having locked animations, its a matter of having locked animations in such a pidgeonholed scenario. With normal flashlight saves and such at least you have the agency to face a wall or obstruction, or even just to turn to an unpredictable angle to minimize the window to get the save. With locker saves it is all 100% exactly the same and even has visual and auditory queues for timing.

Also it only takes 2 people for that scenario, which means the other 2 can easily be doing gens.

• hiken

imagine having to run a USELESS (baby) perk that wont affect survivors from doing gens due TERRIBLE MAP DESIGN? imagine.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Lightborn never leaves my build, even if I don't see a flashlight, cause you'll never know if they can get it from a chest

Also as memey as they are, flashbang and blsstmine do exist

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I can imagine, cause it never leaves my inventory ever, I just see it as "if I can do good with something like lightborn instead of a slowdown perk, I earned that win"

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 349

run lightborn or close your eyes. trust me it works. it works so well i loose them.......oh wait.......

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 705

Killers should be immune to blinds and stuns during locker grabs. After all, we wouldn’t want to have any situations with no counterplay, right survivors?

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,900
    edited October 2022

If 2 survivors sit or constantly run to those lockers every chase then they are literally invincible for at least 60 seconds. Same issue with dead dawg main building where a window is RIGHT next to a pallet so you could just sit on the other side of the window and if the killer decides to chase you, you can run up the stairs to the balcony window while the 2nd person gets away at that time.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2022

It's for exploits like this one that I believe killers should be immune to blidness while grabing a survivor from a locker (the blinding progression, IN THIS CASES, should start only when the killer is able to move its camera). If someone made the mistake of entering a locker near a killer they shoudn't get an easy save, and if it was on purpose, they should be punished for it instead of having an exploit that makes them invincible. This change would not affect most matches, so not too much of a nerf, but would end the exploit for good.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Locker doors should honestly block this, maybe stay open longer

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2022

y'all say light born is useless, but when it comes to situations like this you don't want to use it out of spite.

The perk is there to be used, it has a purpose. Just use the perk and stop complaining about flashlight saves.

Or you can use Franklyn's

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited October 2022

Lightborn, Franklins , or twins

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,619

it's not about all gen regressing perks, you know? if someone want try something different instead of the usual meta BS annoying as hell (this btw is valid for both sides). Plus, you can't imagine how many cheaters i've found thanks to lightborn (since their aura is showed for 10 seconds i saw them teleporting away from me after leaving my LoS or using speedhacks to reach the next loop). Despite i rarely use it nowdays, i consider this perk useful (a bit niche of course, but nevertheless it serves me well)

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

The position of the rocker and the playback of the animation with the viewpoint locked is not in itself a problem.

Flash light saves from outside the killer's viewing angle simply should not be made.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Nobody thinks lightborn is useless, it does what it's supposed to do very well.

It's just the thing that it prevents is not something that really needs to be prevented in the first place

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

I think locker saves should stay. They by themselves are totally valid use of flashlight. The problem is only described scenario where 2 survivors are at the same locker. So maybe to stop this we need to actually address this situation only. One simple way to do this is postpone any item usage for 2s after leaving locker (crackers, flashbang and flashlight should not be immediately usable). It could work the same as you can't immediately use styptic agent when you stop running (there is also a small delay to start heal after running).

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

The killer should be immune to stuns and blinds when grabbing survivors (not picking up), either off a gen or out of a locker

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

why? Why nerf flashlights even more? The timings were updated so many times, that flash save is totally not automatic for a lot of us even if killer picks up survivor under ideal conditions. Killers have several perks to combat flashes and flashes still take good deal of time and effort that would otherwise be spent on gen progression.

I mean I understand that 2 lockers with 2 survivors are unfair. But why take fair engagements away together with the unfair ones? Or should we get a compensation buff for removing all locker saves? E.g. I would appreciate 0.3s longer time-window for rescue.

• MTB207
    MTB207 Member Posts: 12

1st of all, doesnt alt+tab just switch between apps/programs, and anyway, i dont see the problem with this cus you can just switch targets, you dont need to keep grabbing the same locker person, thats literally just bad strategy on you cus they arent doing gens so yeah

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171

People who do that are only trying to make you frustrated, if you ignore them and play carefully you should be fine. Had people doing it earlier and 4Ked super easily. It takes time to pick up on what to do.

• Lekitzul

Part of being killer is prioritizing who to chase after. If they want to be that way, I always save them for last to chase down. Go after the two who aren't doing it. Now if all four are doing it, I tunnel.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I will just drop two words:

Iron Maiden

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I love these. They'll get bored abd then DC if they make a mistake

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

That is how you have to handle it, yes, but that doesn't mean thats an acceptable solution. The point of addressing exploits is to prevent them rather than just tell people to develop reactionary countermeasures when there is no reason for the exploit to exist in the first place.

And for the record, I am using exploit in its intended sense, not one that specifically calls the tactic cheating. It is an exploit like many exploits that exist in the game: gaps in design logic that aren't expressly against the rules, yet have been allowed to happen within the game. A known and ignored vulnerability, basically.

• hiken
    edited October 2022

except for the part that they also can repair if they have the gens nearby. wich they always have because of the middle building and surroundings, plus they had prove thyself as far as i remember. so they had 00000 problems with doing gens while abusing that and so they did that.

• Lekitzul

It reminds me of the Boil Over builds that like to go into little niches in the map so they can't be taken to a hook. I make a point to throw the game and babysit. XD

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 449

Why is it even possible for killers to be blinded while grabbing someone out of the locker?

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

If its useless, why does it actually counter this situation?