Locker Blind Immunity - completely uncalled for

Options

So you're saying a completely avoidable, skill oriented tactic on survivor side, and limited to flashlight charge situation needs IMMUNITY. You say the survivor with the flashlight can be a distraction for the injured survivor? Is that NOT THE POINT? Since when does this happen SO FREQUENTLY that it became a "problem"??? I have 3.6k hours and I've only seen this happen in YouTube videos.

1: Locker Blind Immunity

Some lockers are positioned in such a way that a clever Survivor can blind the Killer as they are grabbing another Survivor out of it. While cool in theory, there’s not a whole lot the Killer can do to counter this: Even if they do chase away the other Survivor waiting with a flashlight, the Survivor in the locker can take advantage of the distraction to make a break for it.

To prevent situations like this, Killers will receive blind immunity while grabbing a Survivor from a locker.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,077
    Options

I have 3.6k hours and I've only seen this happen in YouTube videos.

So this change literally doesn't affect you. It's a change to reduce the gap between solo and swf, hardly a big deal to be upset over.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

It was so abused by survivors and the killer couldn’t do anything about it, so this is a good change.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

I will mention it also in this thread. I think they went 1 step too far. All they needed to do was disable immediate possibility to use items after exiting lockers (meaning create ~2s CD for item usage after exiting locker) to prevent abuse by 2 survivors in locker waiting to save each other.

But for all the other cases lockers were avoidable. You just had to make sure nobody is close enough to get that flash save (same as for regular flash saves when picking up downed survivor).

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Or they could've chosen an easier route and just removed the double locker spawns.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

i remember before MMR some duos would pull this stuff in brown and yellow ranks.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    edited October 2022
    Options

Its literally something thats only used to bully and is uncounterable with no action that can be taken on the killers part whats wrong with removing it

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172
    Options

Its literally something thats only used to bully and is uncounterable with no action that can be taken on the survivors part (camp and tunnel).What's right with it being in the game ?(for years)

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

I have over 5.4k hrs and I also think that the locker immunity is too much. It is so hard to pull off and is only done in swf.

You could argue that swf could bully the killer with this, which is true, but when do you meet these people? I only had one of these squads once and I brought Franklin's. Simple solution. Lightborn is also a good alternative with this and depending on the killer some addons also help.

The easier solution would be to limit the double locker spawns that were added with Dredge or block visibility on some of them (so you don't get the angle anymore without the killer using FOV enhancers)

• bjorksnas
    edited October 2022
    Options

"unrelated argument" well guess that proves my point

also just for tickles

borrowed time

decisive strike

off the record

unbreakable

old mettle of man

reassurance

kinship

deliverance (as a combo)

sprint burst

kindred

hyperfocus

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    edited October 2022
    Options

this is not easier they'll have to remove them from almost every map and that seems to be a tedious job for no important reason i imagine.

plus it'd be a huge nerf to head on, quick and quiet and deception..etc plays

and it'd change some mecanics related to dredge.

why do this to help bully swfs do their things? and this isn't even a thing that only works against noobs the best players can't do anything about this (there are clips from ohtofu and tru3 where they had to deal with this kind of swfs) it's about time this got changed.

• ProveKa
    Options

You forgot that survivors can use shift.It's just an article you wrote to be able to say I answered without thinking about its message.And as I understand it, you are writing empty things to increase the number of posts.If you think you wrote it and put it in a logical framework in your brain, then we can argue with you.

• bjorksnas
    Options

Step 1. create post

Step 2. someone disagrees

Step 3. create empty non argument

Step 4. they call it out

Step 5. you act like they are here for empty posts to farm something that doesn't matter

Step 6. they call you out again (we are here)

• ProveKa
    Options

I'm glad you explained yourself.If you want to argue with real arguments we are here

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

"Nothing"

The killer can equipped light born if it's that much an issue. If you feel like you shouldn't have to use a perk slot for it either deal with it or equip it, simple as that

• Whoudini
    Whoudini Member Posts: 309
    Options

You can hold games hostage with this on some maps. It basically never happens so im glad the potential for games to be held hostage is going away.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I'm fine with this change. Killer should always be the dominant role.