The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Matches Against Bots Should Give BP and Shards

2»

Comments

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

At the end of the day it's all about having more options, which will never be a bad thing. DBD hasn't grown outside of it's one and only game mode in nearly 7 years (which is kinda crazy). Having bots allows for DBD to have that much sought after secondary game mode that many have asked for years for. Peanits already mentioned too that once killers are added, you'll be able to equip survivors with perks, which will bring it one step closer to mirroring a live match.

Naturally if you want more of a challenge then all anyone has to do is hop online, but if you're eager to play DBD in a chill setting without sweating your ass off, then you'll have that option too. There's something for everyone.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,408

Wait, you actually toss BMing up in that? If not lobbed in with Toxic, how does BMing even compare to the issue of cheaters/toxicity? lol.

Bming is toxic, but it's nothing someone should make a damn post about, good lord.

• aarontendo
    aarontendo Member Posts: 40

If people line up to play bot matches it tells you that the game isn't that fun online. If it impacts matchmaking then BHVR has a ######### product.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,155
    edited November 2022

Big disagree. When you start adding incentives like BP and shards to a game mode focused solely around bots, it not only opens that avenue up to be abused but takes away from the playerbase that ques up a match against other players. You shouldn't be rewarded in a MP game for playing essentially a 'private match'...with bots. No game does that. Because its unhealthy and unfair to all the people who are matchmaking against real players. Also have you seen the bots? The AI is pretty bad still and I've had them walking into me as killer while not moving, or going to the worst place on the map which is usually the corners with the very short walls and window, where they decide to loop around or vault the window over and over.

If you want to play against bots, thats fine. I think people should be allowed to practice and work on builds, killers, etc w/o the stress and anxiety some people feel when playing. But keep the rewards solely around matchmaking.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 346

why? you already have everything unlocked in custom games so there isnt really any point.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 226
    edited November 2022

Then I guess hackers have the right idea.Why work to get better at the game and accomplish something the right way when you can just cheat and win.I mean the whole concept of accomplishing something on your own is going away anyway.I mean it’s just a game for fun right?

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

This is the main issue here. Unless you are a pretty good Killer going against the toxic SWF you often get put against is pretty miserable. If playing bots got you shards, people would just do that.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

Most games with bots DO reward you for playing bot matches.

• ElevatedWind
    ElevatedWind Member Posts: 26

No

Now you're just decreasing the amount of players who going to be playing online often meaning matchmaking will probably be worse as you're just getting easy bloodpoints from bots?....Imagine picking the weakest killer, picking your favourite map offering and just farming easy bloodpoints??? Whats the point of that lol

• ElevatedWind
    ElevatedWind Member Posts: 26

+1 You summed it up well. Defo do not agree with adding BP to a bot game.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233

League is somewhat different though. You really only get a small fraction of account exp and event credit in bot matches. You don't get blue essence (the main currency used for buying things) until you level up (from a chest) vs getting 50 from a daily, compared to getting BP every match.

I'm down for more options, but bot matches are still going to be the same game mode in a sense. I see bots more as a practice tool/training grounds myself, to feel out build concepts and ideas vs an enticing new mode to change things up. I am glad that they will look into perks for the bots as well, I just don't expect any big progress in the near future that would make bots seem more enticing to play against. Yeah, they'll be more chill by default, but a chill regular match isn't unheard of either.

I personally just think that everyone would appreciate a new type of game mode that differs from what the game is known as today. Even if they end up pulling from old seasonal events (hiding in snowmen for a hide n seek type of thing, or searching for the blight flower things from that one tome), that'd be a nicer touch. Heck, since we'll have bots soon, a mode that spawns in more survivors as you hook/kill them in a timed match sounds like it'll be fun. Anything that spices things up the slightest, even if they do what League does with a majority of their game modes and have them on rotation.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Honestly I couldn't agree with you more there. I would love to see more variety and more game modes, but naturally BHVR is afraid of splintering the player base. What's sad though is by not changing anything they're already doing that. People play for a while, get burnt out, and then stop playing. It's a rinse and repeat cycle.

One of the reasons why I was championing the inclusion of bots is because they have so much more potential than being used as a simple training tool. As you suggested they could be used to create new game modes. Something, anything to help spice things up would be a welcome change. BHVR needs to do more than just shake up the perk meta, they need a shake up the gameplay too.