Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Crashing when playing as any killer on PC Steam

Rixar13
Rixar13 Member Posts: 7

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as killer in a public match

Step 3 : After some minutes of the match... my game just crashes.

Step 4 : It always crashes when im playing around 7/15 minutes with any killer characters and i get dc penalty.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

it happens with any killers and any maps and i got dc penalty

11 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• daniel_owenz
    daniel_owenz Member Posts: 92

My game is crashing while I am playing as "the pig" but it only happens after an action, like when I hook someone or when I break a pallet, game crashed like 4 out of 6 times already, issue started happening yesterday.

• DYoung
    DYoung Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2022

I've been experiencing the same issue starting today and I've never had any crash issues that reoccurred as frequently as this in the past.

It most commonly has been happening a brief moment after I would hook someone.

Post edited by DYoung on
  • daniel_owenz
    daniel_owenz Member Posts: 92

I'm on xbox series x by the way.

• Chichoslg
    Chichoslg Member Posts: 5

Same here in Xbox Series X. Imposible to play as killer. Bug by Daylight...

• chknnugg
    chknnugg Member Posts: 4

This is happening to me too, and I'm on Switch! I can't get my Ghostface tome challenges done :'( I ended up with a 10min dc penalty before I just gave up and am only playing survivor now. This is frustrating.

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

After the recent update it crashes after booting up during the main menu while Steam still thinks it's running and can't close it

So I have to end Steams task, thne relaunching it gives the CreateFile failed with 32. error. But after a while Steam is able to close it. Then it boots as normal.

It never crashed to desktop for me before.

• LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 251

I've had exactly this on PS5 today. Glad (well not glad but you know what I mean) I'm not the only one

• Kalaner
    Kalaner Member Posts: 5

I suspect this crashing is due to the bloody good challenge, on page 2 on the current tome. hard to test bc of the matchmaking ban though.

• Kalaner

sorry, i meant page 1 on the current tome

• Crimson_Lockhart
    Crimson_Lockhart Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2022

This happens on PC to but with survivors can only play about 5 minutes then I get disconnected and I get a DC penalty on 720p with a i7-4790k and GTX 1070 | Windows 10 | Steam version | Steam launcher option: -high -novsync -notexturestreaming -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -dx12 (Edit:) Removing -dx12 made the game not crash I was also using driver 526.86 and reverted to 515.15. (Edit: 2) It crashed again.

Post edited by Crimson_Lockhart on
  • Kalaner

i can confirm, its that one challenge i mentioned that fixes it for me.

• Crimson_Lockhart

30 minute ban this buggy game.

• Crimson_Lockhart

It seems the latest windows 10 update is to blame (reinstalled DBD and the game froze at the main menu had to hard rest the PC, I tried GTA V the something happened)

• Crimson_Lockhart
    edited November 2022

Solved: System restore, reseat ram, gpu and PC wires.

Post edited by Crimson_Lockhart on
  • l_Castelli_l
    l_Castelli_l Member Posts: 27

Same issue on Xbox too.

• Feneture
    Feneture Member Posts: 2

Also started happening to me. Crashed 4 games in a row playing as different killers. I did read in a different post that removing your tome challenges apparently fixes it but that was the whole reason I was playing, to unlock all the tiers.

It's pretty ridiculous that I now can't do any killer tome challenges to complete the Rift.

• patronsaintofpizza
    patronsaintofpizza Member Posts: 123

Happening on Switch as well. I'm up to a 6 hour DC penalty now, so the game is essentially bricked for me because of this

• Cyranoz
    Cyranoz Member Posts: 7

Thank you. I confirm it's since I activated this challenge my game crash everytime when i play as killer on PS5.

Also i changed the challenge and activate another page 2 and same problem + crash...

I could play killer with 0 challenge... I don't know if the problem is only with challenges in page 1&2 ??

NB : Sorry for my english