Is crouch spamming in front of killers "toxic" ?

because it should be

Comments

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    No, it is fun. It is just a tactic to try to get the killers attention. If anything it slows the survivor down, it has less time to escape.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I'd consider it toxic.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Honestly it’s a tactic survivors use to make the killer mad and push them into chasing them. 
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    At first it was BM and survivors would do it just to be jerks, but now they know it makes them mad so they use it against them.
  • Incurable_BOFA
    Incurable_BOFA Member Posts: 105

If the killer is salty enough to go for the survivor for simply crouch spamming (and giving them what they want
    in the process) then its their fault if they get looped for 5 gens lol.

You'll notice most killers learn to ignore these kind of people until the match is in their favour.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    Are you serious 
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Here is what I can tell you; if the survivor is teabagging, for whatever reason, they are going to be childish and whiny in post game chat more than not. So when you see that, you know there is little chance of logic or intelligence to be shared after the game. 

Don't automatically chase that person.  Ha e map awareness.  Are they near an area of heavy pallet population? Are they near a pallet dead zone? How many gens are done vs how many hooks have you gotten?

And no matter how fair you try to play, that group will scream and yell at the end. So just get through the match and move on.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Depends on the situation, most of the time it's a form of taunting the killer so it's up to you if you think that's toxic or not.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

iTs a ViAblE tAcTic!

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@edogast said:
    because it should be

crouching spamming AKA T-bag AKA t-bagging AKA Tea bagging is annoying for the killer, but no, it isnt

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Yes it's toxic.

Funny when you tunnel then for it and then disconnect and act like they have no idea why you treat them so badly.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019

@edogast said:
    because it should be

it is more yummy pointing at the killer (key 1) right after u pallet-stunned the killer, sometimes they DC

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    It is if your skin is made out of cotton.
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    Teabagging is bad manners, has always been.

Its literally dipping your balls into someone elses face/mouth. 
    Now be aware this was a prank or sexual practice before being applied in Halo
  • FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Vietfox said:
    It is if your skin is made out of cotton.

Glass bones and paper skin.

• NoReward
    NoReward Member Posts: 36
    It’s interesting that there seem two be two opposing camps split like 50/50. 

Those of you who think this is so toxic, is it the actual act that triggers you, or more that you see a pattern in the behaviour of the t-baggers? Like you know this person is likely to be mean in the chat as well?

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Yes. If you do it you are immature.
  • Vietfox
    edited February 2019
    @Eveline said:
    Yes. If you do it you are immature.
    Immature is to get mad because someone spammed the crouch button.
  • Eveline
    It can't be more immature than someone trying to piss others on purpose. It's mean.
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

It's the definition of being toxic.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Yes. But it is also hilarious.

• Vietfox
    @Eveline said:
    It can't be more immature than someone trying to piss others on purpose. It's mean.
    I see it as a friendly taunt.
  • PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@Vietfox said:
    @Eveline said:

How you see it is totally irrelevant. It's very subjective, it's like a stranger waving their middle finger towards you. Some people laugh about it, others get angry and the hardcores go and beat the hell outta them.

It's solely depending on the person on the receiving end. Fact is, some people take it the wrong way so you should consider that when you teabag and expect the consequences for it.

In DbD, the intentions are very clear and obvious: provocation. It's not meant in a friendly way most of the time, quite the opposite.

• Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:
    @Eveline said:

How you see it is totally irrelevant. It's very subjective, it's like a stranger waving their middle finger towards you. Some people laugh about it, others get angry and the hardcores go and beat the hell outta them.

It's solely depending on the person on the receiving end. Fact is, some people take it the wrong way so you should consider that when you teabag and expect the consequences for it.

What consequences, hait mail? I can deal with that by deleting them.
    People who get mad because of a game has a problem, period.
  • PiiFree

@Vietfox said:

No, you get slugged, camped, tunneled or whatever the person decides to do.

According to your logic, most of the Survivors in DbD have a problem because my steam profile to date has 580 mostly insulting comments, exclusively coming from mad Survivors.

Are you saying all those players have a problem because they got mad over a game? I didn't know that being emotional is the result of madness.

• Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

No, you get slugged, camped, tunneled or whatever the person decides to do.

I can deal with that lol, it's just a ######### game.
    PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

According to your logic, most of the Survivors in DbD have a problem because my steam profile to date has 580 mostly insulting comments, exclusively coming from mad Survivors.

Are you saying all those players have a problem because they got mad over a game?

Yes, glad you understand.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2019
    I love when a survivor teabags me, I just nod like saying "alright you want to be next? No problem" and it's even funnier if I down them in under 15 seconds (usually they rage quit after that)
  • PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@Vietfox said:

@PiiFree said:
    Are you saying all those players have a problem because they got mad over a game?

I'll keep that quote in mind.

• Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

@PiiFree said:

I'll keep that quote in mind.

I wouldn't say 580 survivors are "most of survivors". It's easy to reach that number even if you started to play DbD one year ago.
    Both sides got problems because they are all people, don't forget that.
    I've gotten lots of salt from killers in both PC and PS4 but i wouldn't dare to say most killers have a problem because that would be a lie.
  • PiiFree

@Vietfox said:
    I wouldn't say 580 survivors are "most of survivors". It's easy to reach that number even if you started to play DbD one year ago.
    I've gotten lots of salt from killers in both PC and PS4 but i wouldn't dare to say most killers have a problem because that would be a lie.

Most of the survivors get mad when you camp them from the start. According to your logic, that means they "have a problem".

That's a fact I can prove easily. I can facecamp 100 Survivors in a row and at least 90 of them will get mad about it. This leads to the conclusion that most of the Survivors have a problem.

• Vietfox
    edited February 2019
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

Most of the survivors get mad when you camp them from the start. According to your logic, that means they "have a problem".

That's a fact I can prove easily. I can facecamp 100 Survivors in a row and at least 90 of them will get mad about it. This leads to the conclusion that most of the Survivors have a problem.

They don't necessarily need to get mad. In many occasions i've said to the killers "camp 10/10, would be camped again".
    Anyway, if you wanna turn this into a "killers vs survivors" thread then have it your way, but i got better things to do.
  • PiiFree

@Vietfox said:
    They don't necessarily need to get mad. In many occasions i've said to the killers "camp 10/10, would be camped again".
    Anyway, if you wanna turn this into a "killers vs survivors" thread then have it your way, but i got better things to do.

That's a great way to avoid the point I made.

Has nothing to do with Killer or Survivor, it was just an example. I can also use Killers that get mad after getting hit by 4 DS in a row.

According to your logic, all players that get mad during gameplay because of the game "have a problem". So again, I didin't know that having emotions is a problem.

• Vietfox
    edited February 2019
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

That's a great way to avoid the point I made.

Has nothing to do with Killer or Survivor, it was just an example. I can also use Killers that get mad after getting hit by 4 DS in a row.

According to your logic, all players that get mad during gameplay because of the game "have a problem". So again, I didin't know that having emotions is a problem.

It makes more sense to get mad because of 4 DS or being camped than a simple tbag and come to the forums to complain about it.
    DS or being camped affects the match's result, tbagging doesn't (unless killer is a snowflake)
  • Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Imagine living in 2019, where having emotions makes you a #########.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes.

• mike4707
    mike4707 Member Posts: 24
    This is what I do, you tea-bag me I don't get salty, and I don't DC , instead I will Chase them (no matter how many gens get done) when I catch and hook them I will camp the crap out of them. They will not survive the round. 9 times out of 10 they will DC
  • PiiFree

@Vietfox said:
    It makes more sense to get mad because of 4 DS or being camped than a simple tbag and come to the forums to complain about it.
    DS or being camped affects the match's result, tbagging doesn't (unless killer is a snowflake)

it doesn't change your original statement:

@Vietfox said:

Don't twist the words now.

Also, the reason why it doesn't affect gameplay is also the sole reason why it's toxic. If it had a gameplay related purpose, I'd consider it being a tactic but it's not. The sole purpose is to annoy the opposite side.

• Orion

@PiiFree said:
    Also, the reason why it doesn't affect gameplay is also the sole reason why it's toxic. If it had a gameplay related purpose, I'd consider it being a tactic but it's not. The sole purpose is to annoy the opposite side.

This is as close to an objective definition of toxicity as we can get.

• Vietfox
    PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

it doesn't change your original statement:

@Vietfox said:

Don't twist the words now.

Making more sense doesn't mean one of those things it's not a problem, don't twist my words.
  • Orion

@Roobnus said:
    Imagine living in 2019, where having emotions makes you a [BAD WORD].

It's a typical bully tactic. The victim is to blame for having a normal, human reaction to the bullying, as opposed to the bully being to blame for being an #########.

• PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@Vietfox said:
    Making more sense doesn't mean one of those things it's not a problem, don't twist my words.

No it doesn't, but it also has absolutely no relevance. You're good at trying to change the topic to get out of a tricky situation.

Your statement says that people who get mad over a game have a problem.

And I'll remember that statement, because it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Games are very emotional so naturally people have fun, get mad, get sad, get angry, get horny and wet or whatever. It's the whole point of playing games. An emotional rollercoaster.

• Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

No it doesn't, but it also has absolutely no relevance. You're good at trying to change the topic to get out of a tricky situation.

Your statement says that people who get mad over a game have a problem.

And I'll remember that statement, because it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Games are very emotional so naturally people have fun, get mad, get sad, get angry, get horny and wet or whatever. It's the whole point of playing games. An emotional rollercoaster.

Ok you get mad because someone spams the crouch button and i don't. Guess i'll have less issues in my life.
  • Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

@Orion said:

@Roobnus said:

It's a typical bully tactic. The victim is to blame for having a normal, human reaction to the bullying, as opposed to the bully being to blame for being an [BAD WORD].

That's exactly what it seems like.

"Don't take them serious, little Mathieu, they're just making fun of you but it's no big deal! Let them have some fun together!"

But little Mathieu doesn't think it's funny. In fact it makes little Mathieu sad and angry, so little Mathieu react to the bullies in the same way. A bad decision, because now he has to go to therapy because people think he has a serious mental problem for having emotions when getting bullied, something that's totally not natural. It's not the kids that bullied him and had fun doing so, those are totally normal in their head, so it seems.

Little Mathieu slowly starts to develop a serious fear and hate for people. Little Mathieu is on his best way to run rampage soon.

RIP little Mathieu.

• todays society
  • Vietfox
    @Orion said:

@Roobnus said:

It's a typical bully tactic. The victim is to blame for having a normal, human reaction to the bullying, as opposed to the bully being to blame for being an [BAD WORD].

No it's not.
    1 - tbagging is far from being a bully thing. If you think it is i guess we have different opinions on what bullying really is.
    2 - since i don't find tbagging a serious issue my advice is to just ignore it, simple as that. In what way could tbagging affect someone? Seriously.
  • Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:
    Or maybe they should take it as an advice instead of reinforce those childish emotions. I thought this game was meant for mature public.

It's very ironic that you say the guys that get emotional over teabagging should grow up, instead of the people that actually teabag, the childish stuff.

Childish =/= have fun or make innocent jokes.
    I would rather be dead than being serious all the time.
  • PiiFree

@Vietfox said:

If you think teabagging is fun, YOU have to grow up.

• Eveline
    There are non malicious jokes on one side and straight up bullying on other.

It's not the same. I love joking with my friends but we never mean harm and devalue others. 
  • Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:

If you think teabagging is fun, YOU have to grow up.

Ok, whatever makes you shut up mate 😂
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    No it's not.
    1 - tbagging is far from being a bully thing. If you think it is i guess we have different opinions on what bullying really is.
    2 - since i don't find tbagging a serious issue my advice is to just ignore it, simple as that. In what way could tbagging affect someone? Seriously.

Yes, it is.
    1 - You don't have to be a bully to use the same psychological tactics as bullies. That's just absurd. Of course, you know that, which is why you put words in my mouth.
    2 - This discussion is about whether or not teabagging is toxic. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's a serious issue. Not sure why you're responding to something nobody said.