We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is this even tunneling at this point?

2»

Comments

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

Say that you realize you killed your teammate by unhooking in front of the killer multiple times? That's just as bad as the unhooked survivor going out of their way to get hit or get downed or grabbed by the killer just so they could use their DS. It's poor decision making by the survivors in this situation and it'd be very poor decision making for the killer to not take the instant pressure they were just handed. Meg in this situation farmed her teammates repeatedly. I wouldn't get mad at the killer. I'd get mad at the person that clearly had no tact or respect for the situation.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

It's fair play. You didn't target the Claudette and Ace for any particular reason, but to punish the bad unhook.

In terms of how I usually define tunneling. It isn't.

I define tunneling as specifically targeting someone for a specific reason. Usually in terms of toxicity or BM'ing

Re-downing on a bad unhook isn't toxic or a specific reason to be counted as tunneling.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,331

Yes, that is tunneling. You could've gone for the Meg, or even hooked the Ace. Regardless, you'll always have those farming survivors who will those type of things, it's up to you how to respond on it. If I was the killer your match, I would've tunneled the Meg, just to make a point :)

That magical barrier is called BT! 😂

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Technically yes, but honestly, no.

It's Meg being a dingus. I'd pin the blame on her. You didn't go out of your way to chase the same people down and kill them. You reacted to the brain-dead Meg doing brain-dead things and went for the easiest outcome. I wouldn't blame the killer for the most part, unless they said something after to make it sound like they were in on it.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

My thing is why even have this thread. So you tunneled. Big deal, literally every person has tunneled in this game. It feels weird to seek some sort of validation for actions that everyone does.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

I think the argument that you should go for the Meg is dumb.

The meg has no hooks and is feeding you her teammates. She is a bad teammate, but there is no reason to get the survivor that's actively giving you the win out of the game.

I mean, if you're overly altruistic, and you want to be nice, sure. But there's no strategic reason to do so. It's not your job to give the survivors as much chance as possible, like it's not their job to give you any chances either. They didn't try they had BNPs. They have no right at all to complain.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 226
    edited November 2022

You go after whoever you see fit to go after.Do not let survivors tell you how to play as killer.If you listen to them you will be gettin 0k every time.The point of the game for killers is to kill survivors.You do that in the most efficient way you can and the heck with what they think.They definitely aren’t looking to make things easy on you and give you free kills.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,778

The question wasn't if OP made the better/right play. The question wasn't if OP played "fairly" or in a fun manner fir either side, nor was it if going for the Meg was the more tactically sound decision.

The question OP asked was if they tunneled. And by the definition widely agreed upon by both sides (and by that, I do mean the sensible rational ones) since quite literally June 2016, it was.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

you could have gone for the meg. you tell me

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

i can't imagine hiding in cowshed when you cant walk five steps on that map without running into a safe pallet.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

And other people commented on how OP could have gone for the meg, and how they themselves would have gone for the Meg, and how OP had the choice to go for the Meg but didn't. Be it tunneling or not, I was commenting on the opinions that other people expressed.

Also, it seems to me that OP wasn't actually really asking the question of what tunneling is. They were using it to state the fact that survivors still blamed them for what happened in the match, even though it was 100% entirely on the survivors misplaying. Yes, it was tunneling, but it's irrelevant. The survivors decided to label OP as a tunneller to shift blame for their own misplays and just demean the killer because they "tunneled". Or at least that's what I gather from the post.

• whothis
    whothis Member Posts: 19

Its absolutely the killers job to punish survivors when they make a mistake. Having said that, it looks like Meg was not in a SWF and these guys were randoms and Meg was being a terrible team mate , maybe aiming for unhook points / challenge?

In such cases, I make sure to get a hit on the unhooker before they unhook, down the recently hooked guy ( to prevent the Meg from getting unhook points ) and then leave them slugged and go for Meg. I won't pick them up as it isnt fair that they get punished for the stupidity of Meg.

After the 2nd time it happened, I would have thrown the game and made sure I got Meg out and made it miserable for her as she was purposely getting her team mates killed.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    1. You didnt punish survivors for making mistakes. You rewarded them, which is Meg. Meg will do it again next match.
    2. You only ask the other 3 to play as Swf. The root of killers' complaining.
    3. Other 3 survivors could be decent and equal skill to you but die just because of Meg. Get 3 free kills and increase your MMR where you should not be and the possibility to vs sweat squad after.

You received nothing good after the match.

• Cyber_Atlas
    Cyber_Atlas Member Posts: 276

People wondering so much about these... YOU ARE A KILLER. You do whatever you want. You kill whoever you want. Just play the game so that you don't exploit particular mechanics breaking the immersion. Every playstyle is allowed.

Camping (proxy) and Tunneling IS needed, with the current meta, at high MMR, with most of the killers. If you dont agree, you never played against people bringing 4 toolboxes/medkit on huge maps. They are STRONG. They have all the tools to escape, even a tunneling/proxy camping killer. These people spend time as swf bullying killers having no problems and questions about their FUN. Every time I play against such players I immediately adapt my playstyle considering the map and their items.

If you dont want to be tunneled/camp start by entering the trial no map offering/medkit. And you will see killers playing much more chill. Right now if you go hard as a survivor, you deserve it. Because you simply cannot start new chases when gens can be done solo in 1 minute.

The common sense should be do adapt your playstyle to how hard they go on you. Because 4 people, no items, no map should mean that you are chill as well. And eventually give an hatch or just transition to being a ''nice killer'', playing ''fair''. At this point, when you reach high there are NO RULES. Otherwise it's an auto win for survivors, as high MMR, swf the killer rate goes down to hell, with 60% of the killers, if you play ''FAIR''. And it's not a skill issue. It's a balance issue.

+ Add that killers have their pip system bugged since a month. And you get why so much frustration.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,420

I mean, sorry (not sorry) to say, but that's honestly why hating Meg is a meme. SO MANY MEG PLAYERS DO THAT. I would have hooked the Meg THEN gone after the other survivor, but that's just me. You don't have to do that.