The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New (Licensed) Killer Idea - The Cenobite

Hi everyone,
I made a post before but for whatever reason, it didn't seem to post so here is reposted. I was thinking about what killers, both new and licensed, we could have, and it hit me, one of the most iconic killers from the late 1980s/early 1990s isn't in the game... Pinhead! So as I was heading to bed, I thought to myself how he would work in this game and be in line with the original concept, so after some work, here is what I came up with! Without further ado, here is The Cenobite.

The Cenobite (Pinhead)

The Cenobite is a moderately ranged character featuring lower movement speed similar to that of The Huntress but having a power which can ultimately allow him to be a deadly unescapable force. Survivors must work as a team if they want to escape this priest of the underworld!

ATTRIBUTES
Walk Speed: 4.4m/s
Terror Radius: 20m
Height: TALL

WEAPON
Chain Hook – Basic and Lunge Attack similar to all other killers, The Cenobite uses his Chain hook to swipe at survivors, hit generators, and break pallets.

Special Attack (M2) – Medium ranged charged attack in which The Cenobite uses telekinetic ability to throw the chain hook at the survivor where upon hit, the survivor is instantly put into the dying state and dragged towards The Cenobite. Movement Speed while charging is 3.3m/s.

*NOTE: Special attack has a moderate range because unlike The Huntress’s hatchets, this is not a projectile. The cooldown would be The Cenobite pulling the chained hook back to himself. This can be a difficult special attack to hit due to the chain hook itself not being very wide and therefore having a relatively small hitbox, and travel time which enables survivors to use objects in the world to block, or simply dodging with good reflexes

POWER
Lament Configuration – The Cenobite forces a survivor to carry the Lament Configuration which begins to solve itself over a 180 second (3 minute) countdown duration. During this time, the survivor carrying the Lament Configuration will slowly begin to become more and more infatuated with the Lament Configuration, ignoring most other things in the world and focusing more and more solely on the puzzle box itself, and will be unable to resist its allure of ultimate pleasure, or pain, depending on perspective. Survivors holding the Lament Configuration begin accruing a stacking debuff slowing their movement and action speed by 1% every 15 seconds, to a maximum of 15 stacks (i.e. 15% reduced movement and action). If the survivor holds the Lament Configuration for the entirety of the 180 seconds, the puzzle solves itself, at the power of the Cenobites are released, instantly killing the survivor, and returning the Lament Configuration to The Cenobite.

The Lament Configuration can be passed to other survivors in close proximity which will reset the countdown timer and begin to transfer the stacking debuff to the new puzzle box holder. Stacks are removed at a rate of 1% every 15 seconds. A survivor may also attempt to send the Lament Configuration back to the Cenobite through a special incantation. This incantation is written in a book located in the map’s basement, taking 15 seconds to complete and succeeding at moderately difficult skill checks.

PERKS
Hooked Blindness – Because of The Cenobite's master of hooks, the Entity blocks the vision of the survivors in finding their team. Hooked survivors are not highlighted to their teammates for 5/10/15 seconds. Survivors must search to find their companion in danger!

Hex: Hard To Get – There is something pleasantly off about The Cenobite. While you know you need to run to survive, you don’t need to run away that fast.. do you? While Hex is active, survivor vaulting and action speeds are reduced 10%.

Make it Last – You become Obsessed with one Survivor. Each time you hit other survivors, obsession gains 2% increased time to unhook to a maximum of 15%. If the obsession is sacrificed, Entity progression is increased by the % accrued by the obsession to a maximum of 15%.

*NOTE unhook time becomes entity progression time, they do not stack.

MORI/KILL ANIMATION
Hooks appear from the shadows and rip apart the survivor

APPEARANCE EXTRAS
Multiple Cenobites can be used as appearances purchasable from the in-game store

NEW SURVIVOR
Kirsty Cotton – A survivor who is no stranger to the horror brought by the Lament Configuration. (Sorry guys, I really don't play survivor so maybe you guys can come up with ideas for good survivor perks!! :) )

NEW MAP
The Labyrinth – The unholy realm of the Cenobites where inhabitants experience eternal pain… or pleasure.

So that's it, I'm interested to know what people think. I feel like we don't have enough 'ranged' killers in the game and I feel like this is a healthy mix of Pig, Huntress, and some new ideas. Personally, I think the game of hot potato with the puzzle box would be a really fascinating and a cool 'mini-game' the survivors would have to deal with while being hunted. My vision for this is that when survivors have roughly a mid-range of stacks, The Cenobite because just as fast as other killers and puts as much pressure. Survivors NEVER want to get too many stacks because then the killer becomes too much to handle or if you like to play the game in hard more! I didn't want the puzzle box to be too overbearing which is why the time is set so high, but I think it really adds a unique flavor that is both in line with the movies, and adds a totally new mechanic to the game.

Comments

• rycornog
    rycornog Member Posts: 23
    I just feel like it’ll lead to basement camping 
  • Fruitpunchjuice
    Fruitpunchjuice Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2019

Basement camping is contingent on the killer running perks such as Agitation and Iron Grasp, or the survivors being downed close enough to the basement. Unless you're seeing something I don't, I would bet this character would cause no more camping than Pig or Huntress. You're more likely to see basement builds on characters like Hag, Cannibal, and Trapper. That being said, like every other killer, a perk from this killer might help with basement builds, but that depends on the survivors working as a team to take out the Hex or keep stacks low, which they are more than capable of doing.