Can We Nerf The Gen Perks?

Options
Robotfangirl67
Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 638
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know gens are the survivors only objective and I get that. But I feel that gens have been going way too fast. I also know that I made a similar post about gen speeds. If I kept repeating my self I apologize for that.

So like I said these gen perks are overpowered. I mean to play against them is pain to deal with. Me and many others just don’t want to deal with gen squad’s anymore. I just feel that the survivors don’t need any more gen perks. They have enough and they don’t need ones like Fogwise and Potential Energy.

I also know certain nerfs do need a lot a time to be work on. I understand that trying to balance those perks are hard. I also know the point of the perks are to help solo players. But I also feel it should be limited for survive with friends.

Another issue I keep seeing is that everyone wants eruption to be nerf. I know it’s a pain to deal with. So I agree that it should be looked at. But if that were to be nerf then we should again nerf Prove Thy Self, Hyberfocus, Fogwise which is another object of obsession apparently and also potential energy.

The reason I brought up Object of Obsession is because Fogwise is the old of version of it. I thought we were not going to add those type of overpowered perks? I don’t understand why bring something like that knowing it hurts a lot of Killers like Trapper, Michael, Hag, ect. Who all basically struggle enough as it.

But anyway I feel that we should limit the gen percentages of survivor gen perks. I would say maybe 5 or 7 percent gen progress for prove thy self, and maybe get 4 tokens at the start of the match while using Hyberfocus and then once hitting a regular skill check and token is taken off. Also while using Fogwise, lets you and only you just see the killer’s aura like Kindred and Alert.

Edit: Forgot to add I’ve seen penalty of suggestions about how Eruption should have a 10 second cooldown while having a buff gen regression. I agree that nerf and little buff to it is really good. But anyway I thought I share that.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you all in fog. Also I want to wish everyone in the United States a Happy Thanksgiving too. :)

Post edited by Robotfangirl67 on

Comments

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

most repair speed perks are pretty meh tbh only hyperfocus or item perks with kitted toolboxes are really good.

i am desperately begging people to stop comparing fogwise's inconsistent and conditional aura reading to the on demand 24/7 aura reading that was old OoO This perk is wildly overrated.

potential energy is utter garbage at it's ptb numbers and it only really does anything if killers actually just plays 1/4 of the map the whole match and lets you ferry max stacks across the map.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 510
    Options

You guys don't realize how meh killer aura reading effects are.

The only very powerful killer aura reading effetcs are those which happen during loops.

Knowing where the killer is while working on a gen is useful but not gamebreaking info, in the end, you'll just be able to know if the killer is close or not.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

I find aura reading to help me get started and get into chases faster. The occasional Situation Awareness has been really powerful when I can see them in a locker right next to a hook, but that is pretty rare.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I know not aura perks are good. I guess was just misinformed. I thought Fogwise and potential energy according to some people said they are both a problem. But I guess they are not. I just was mistaken by the perks description.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

Interesting cause from my experience I would always have trouble with multiple prove thy selfs. Well for most of the time it would depend on what type of survivors I’m facing too. I also know everyone has different experiences and that’s okay.

But anyway I thought fogwise and potentially would be a problem according to some others. I was just misinformed by the information I read and also watched from videos on YouTube.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

Yeah,I can see those perks like you mentioned about being oppressive. I just being having different experiences with both survivor and killer matches. In those games sometimes we’ll even more so gens would tend go really fast. I also know everyone has different experiences anyway and that’s okay. I can also see how meta perks are question into thinking if they are healthy for the game or not.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

Prove Thy Self doesn't stack. All it does is remove the speed penalty from survivors working on a gen together so if you have 2 survivors running Prove Thy Self on the same gen it's going the same speed as it would if only one of them ran it. While that one gen will be done faster than 90 seconds it's still not as efficient as the survivors splitting up and working on separate gens - it's why the bar is still red when there's 2 survivors on the gen even while running Prove Thy Self.

If you're having problems with Prove Thy Self run Discordance. You'll see whenever survivors are on a gen together so will know where to go - also know theres another survivor near the gen waiting to finish it if you chase one off.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Like always prove alone is not the problem just like cob isn't a problem alone. But when a killer brings a full Gen build or when multiple survivor bring gens builds it gets ridiculous no matter wich side does it. And the biggest problem is you can counter it if you bring a Gen build yourself but the game people complain about are the game where only one side has a strong Gen build.

I think bhvr should just start to make perk categories so you can't stack to many gen perks and everything would be fine

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I feel like we should be careful with progression and regression perks on both sides because of power creep.

Both sides will feel like they are forced to use their perks or else they will be at a disadvantage. It's literally an arms race and you're doomed if you wanna try a fun build because the other side might be using their perks.

To clarify, everyone is free to use whatever they want, but I feel like the game would be healthier if the devs restricted the regression / progression more. However, and call me biased, but survivors don't have a lot of progression perks. It's mainly killers and some outliers on the survivor side.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I agree with that ^^^

But the reason why Killers have more Gen related perks is most likely due to base Gen regression being what it is (.25 charges per second)

And the fact that it's 4V1 when it comes to Killer... you can be chasing one Survivor but the others are on Gens which means 3 Survivors either on 3 different Gens or all of them can be on 1 Gen

Also the gameplay loop being repair Gens, Get chased, Get hooked, Heal (in one way, shape or form)... and repeat

For Killers is Find a Survivor, Chase Survivor, Hook Survivor, Kick Gens (and Pallets)... and repeat

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I get where you are coming from. I just felt that my experience the gens just seemed a more quicker then usual. I know I may come off killer sided at times. So like I said before the gens just seem a lot harder more to pressure lately. But like you said everyone can basically bring what they want. Also everyone has different experiences and that’s also okay too.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

My comment was more so because they said they're having issues with multiple survivors running prove thy self in a match. Alot think prove can be stacked or increases the base speed like Resilience when really its just getting rid of a speed penalty. Also my comment was to give a suggestion to counter it if they have alot of survivors teaming up on gens.

Many times when it's a full build that's targeting one thing it becomes a problem to face, especially if your build was to target countering one thing and the opposing team decided to go with something else. I'd love for them to cap gen speeds and slowdowns/regression to limit the stacking - doesn't help though that they have a ridiculous amount of perks that rely on stacking or else they're useless on their own.

• NMCKE
    edited November 2022
    Options

Appreciate the warm response.

I'd offer some advice, but I would need to see some gameplay. Do you think there's something you're messing up with? Is it purely perks? Is it a combination? Throw me a bone here and I'll try to help you out, no promises through. Sometimes there's no winning regardless how hard you try because of certain match ups.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

Well, I would like to show off some of gameplay.But I don’t know how to censor names on Ps4. I may of forgot to mention that so that is on me. But either way I appreciate the offer. I think the best way for me is to probably practice more with the bots that are coming in tomorrow. Thank you again for the offer and I appreciate it.

• NMCKE
    Options

You only have to censor names if you are down grading them with your post, or they are breaking game rules in your video. However, it's been a while since I was a mod or even used this forum for the matter, so things could have changed. I would refer to the forum rules to be safe, but last I remember: Names =/= Punishment. It's the context with the names.

However, you are free to do whatever you're comfortable with, but thought I'd quickly shed some light on the matter for you. Again, I can be wrong, it's been a while.

Thanks again for the warm comment.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Fogwise is going to hurt Myers even more. Like he needed more difficulty.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

You’re very welcome and I appreciate the tips and recommendations.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

i REALLY strongly believe that prove thysevle is massively overrated, people see 15% repair speed and freak out about it and think that the requirement has no downside since it's easy to fulfill. Is it easy to fulfill? Yes, but trying to get value out of this perk all game makes you play badly and sets you up to giving the killer twice(or more) pressure when killer pushes both(or more) of you off the gen instead of just one person.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    edited November 2022
    Options

AFAIK best survivors split on 4 gens and chase far away from anyone - making PTS valuable only on last gen - and saving 6s progress. The perk is massively overrated in my eyes.

I share Scott's view on this:

• CBT137
    CBT137 Member Posts: 137
    Options

the killers aura cannot be read if they are undetectable.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,329
    Options

I think perks like CoB or Overcharge are fine on their own, I'd rather just see their synergy nerfed a bit. Like some diminishing returns when they stack together. And of course DMS should not work with Pain Resonance anymore.

With most slowdown perks, I really hope BHVR just nerfs their synergies, because it's the stacking of slowdown perks that is the problem. If BHVR just nerfs slowdown perks individually, then I fear people will still stack slowdown perks, because now they feel like it's even more necessary, for the simple reason that a slowdown perk on it's own is too weak.

Eruption is the exception here, that perk needs to be nerfed no doubt.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Ok so tier 1 which is the first 30 seconds of the game if you're playing Myers correctly. When he's in tier 2 he's not undetectable.