Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Constant crashes when playing killer (console)

edvidae
edvidae Member Posts: 1
edited November 2022 in Bug Reporting

The new 6.4.0 update causes me to crash every time I try to play killer. I was trying out the new killer, everything went fine until a gen was completed and my game crashed. I use a Xbox one x.

Thankfully I didn’t get a penalty so I tried another match and yet again another crash. I thought it was just the new killer so I played a game of onryo, and what happened? It crashed. And now despite not having a penalty the first two times I somehow have a 12 minute one. It seems when the first gen pops, and I do any kind of interaction with something, either gen/pallet kicking, it crashes. All three times were like that.

Survivor works fine though. Anyone else having this problem?

Post edited by edvidae on
5 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Forbz20
    Forbz20 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2022

I've had a similar problem. I'm on PS5 and I've played a few games as Knight with his perks didn't have any issue. The moment I've tried using Call of Brine and Lethal Persuer to replace Hubris I got crashes early on in matches after I found my first gen to kick. Due to mine being not from a gen completion, my thought is that having kicked a gen each time and then downing and carrying a survivor just overloaded the game somehow with a bunch of perks and shenanigans. And your issues maybe similar due to a gen completion adding to overload.

• Cyranoz
    Cyranoz Member Posts: 7

Same problem, disable your killer challenge, it worked for me

• UltraVenom
    UltraVenom Member Posts: 49

I've tried playing knight about 6 times since he came out and I've crashed every single time. On PS5.

• UltraVenom
    UltraVenom Member Posts: 49

You hit the nail on the head. Disabled the challenge and got a juicy 4k with knight. Kinda sucks I can't do rift challenges, hopefully they fix it soon.

• Kaisershred
    Kaisershred Member Posts: 4

Same here, Got a 24 hour ban earlier after being asked to troubleshoot by support staff, will remove and update if this works.

• Kaisershred
    Kaisershred Member Posts: 4

Just removed the killer challenge and it works.